Product Chat / Multiplayer donations

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2019 23:56 Edited at: 29th Mar 2019 23:57
Hey all, I've just been checking the donations and have noticed that there is no locally hosted multiplayer .exe on there could we please have this added. Personally I have around $40 in my modelling account which I would happily donate to this and any future creds I'm sure a few others would join me. I don't care if its Lee that's doing it or whoever I'm happy to donate to get something up and running just so we can give it a bash and see where it goes.

Cheers
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Nevin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 12:56 Edited at: 30th Mar 2019 15:36
Is this so we can sell a multiplayer standalone game?
If so, Id toss in 20$

If were talking exe for the multiplayer that we have now, meh.

Id also donate to have:
steam achievements.
More character creator options. ( I hate making my own )
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 16:05
Yes m8 so as we could create a multiplayer game, which then "the game we create" would run from local machines as the server maybe with a lobby and a basic chat system. I understand that it's not top priority for some so maybe if the ones that do want it could donate to it in so might get the interest it deserves I do understand this limits the game to the hosts machine but in most cases you wouldn't have hundreds of users on anyway just a few mates in most cases. It would be a good starting point for those of us who would like to be able to try it out. Would be nice to see it on the donation system which would give at least an indication of how many actually want it.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Nevin said;
"More character creator options."

100% agreed. Essentially what I would NEVER forget to add
when requesting multiplayer upgrades is 3rd person upgrades.
3rd person should be able to pick up any weapon. (Giant upgrade- I know)
But then we will definitely be somewhere! Why not shoot for the TOP?!
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2019 04:44 Edited at: 5th May 2019 16:54
I would for one pay a 100$ bux maybe more for a stand-alone MP server hosting platform that one can use with a console to control . Even if it's 3rd party..... ! We should just be able to load our maps and let like minded people join in on the creation sometimes...but also it's a branch to this great community to grow! Needs to be done....

without Steam !!!

cheers
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I must admit to being behind the times when it comes to multi-player stuff these days. Do most games not use a server to host them rather than the old fashioned direct connect method? Not sure myself as I rarely play online games ( I pretty much hate the genre, never liked any of em, Quake, Unreal etc bore fests for me). I tend to die quickly as well which is never a good start A server is a bit of a stretch for most people I suspect. Nice to have the option though.

I'd like to see something in this area as well, but would prefer co-operative stuff rather than the capture the flag type scenarios we tend to see.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Lee has already mentioned work going on with standalone MP ( without steam ) so your wishes may come true without any donations.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2019 18:30 Edited at: 13th Jun 2019 06:29
Yeah. Multiplayer is being worked on as we speak. Not sure you will need to push any of your donations towards it at the moment.

From my understanding, they are moving away from Steam dependency. I wouldn't be surprised if this also means that the engine itself won't be the client and that you can play multiplayer games made with GG, without the engine itself. something like this would indeed require a server. So maybe TGC has found a partner for this or has their own or maybe they are developing some sort of peer-2-peer or opening up to private server options.

Think we will know more about this before we know about what long-standing issues will be fixed.
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 00:13
Yeah Teabone been following the alpha on git hub Lees been doing quite a lot of work on it so pleased to see that. @ Dvader yes m8 coop is the preferred thing for me as well (not just mindless killing each other) although lots of people do like that :/ I do believe that even a basic lobby and chat system is a great start. theres some games out there that are not much more than that and are popular! So a very positive move Nice one Lee
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2019 01:22
Looks like the cat escaped the bag, but yes, I have been putting much time and coding into a non-Steam multiplayer system that improves on what you have right now. I am using Photon which means you can set up your own free server for your games, and then as your user base grows you can subscribe to Photon paid tiers if you need more than 100CCU (https://www.photonengine.com/en/server/pricing).

It should also support host migration and rejoins, so you could effectively keep your game running on your PC and users can come and go from your level as you please (not quite MMORPG but a nice start to a possible persistent world). Naturally, the non-Steam option was to allow you to save out multiplayer games and allow friends to play your multiplayer games without needing GameGuru, but all these details will come in time.

Just posted quickly here to assure you that no donations for this feature are required, it's happening as part of our primary feature development We are also planning to put an expert freelancer on the case with the issues board too so watch this space for an assault on your bug reports as we finally put your donations to good use.
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2019 06:08 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2019 17:55
Okay
Youtube - Teabone3 | Store Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2019 00:57
At last!!! haha I knew you was up to sommat lol seriously Lee very welcomed indeed looking forward to getting my teeth into this!
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2019 07:50 Edited at: 11th May 2019 07:57
This is great for multiplayer of course - which has never worked at all for me, and is not my cup of tea - erm coffee - anyway.

However I be completely at a loss as to how this sorts the engine itself

But I guess at least something is being done.

And good to hear some input about what is happening behind the scenes.

@Lee I honestly think you should tell us about this kind of thing in a more formal\frequent way. So we are not in the dark. But thanks for the input here anyway

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2019 17:56
Very exciting news ! …..Time to start reading up on photon.
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky
Double00J
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings all, Kinda new to Game-Guru but not game making

I hope to post more as my free time open up.

I wondered if something like photon could be use with Game guru. A photon server entity that sits in your game. It creates remote entities of connecting players. Since all assets of the host game and client games must be identical it really would be suited for a casual fps, role playing group game then a a full blown MMORPG right off the start.

Your start the host game, and it listens for incoming players. I assume the photon enitity would allow you to either host a game or join one as long as its the same game.

Great News definitely
PM
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
So what do you guys think about the menu settings in gameguru atm? Without some sort of major overhaul it would basically be impossible to release a multiplayer game that would be received well. People online will not even try a game if it doesn't have options to adjust mouse acceleration or enable/disable raw input. Effects, resolution options, windowed/fullscreen, gamma, etc.
You can get away without having options in a single player game but in a multiplayer game there is no way.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2019 00:19
Rome wasn't built in a day m8 lets get it in up and running before we start tearing down the walls. We have a good community here and I'm sure these things will be addressed as they turn up. Personally if I remember most of the things you have mentioned are not in the single player well not as a menu, so I think that might be worth putting up as a request for a freelancer and maybe kill two birds with one stone
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 26th May 2019 01:55 Edited at: 26th May 2019 01:58
Quote: "So what do you guys think about the menu settings in gameguru atm? Without some sort of major overhaul it would basically be impossible to release a multiplayer game that would be received well. People online will not even try a game if it doesn't have options to adjust mouse acceleration or enable/disable raw input. Effects, resolution options, windowed/fullscreen, gamma, etc.
You can get away without having options in a single player game but in a multiplayer game there is no way. "

That's your opinion. Personally in over 25 years of gaming, 17 of which were on and off competitive gaming, i have never known anyone to refuse to play a game because it was short on options in the settings. In fact in competitive gaming the less options the better, that way there's less time setting things up and more time playing, and you are all playing with the same settings so there's no advantage there.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
SomeoneNew
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee this is so amazing I cant get my arms down
How can we contribute to this new multiplayer ?
Thanks Lee
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2019 00:44
No need to contribute at this stage, once we've taken a massive bite out of the bug issues on GitHub, and when we eventually activate this new feature, we will spend some good time I think just testing it out before we call it 'done'. It would be too easy to say 'new multiplayer feature' and move on, but from bitter experience that does not work well. Your best contribution will be using the feature when it hits preview and helps us find those nasty niggles that ruin the fun. One cool thing is that someone could host a game and just leave it running, so one great test is to see how long a game can run before something bad happens. If we can keep a game running and error-free for a week, that would be a great thumbs up for the stability of both GameGuru and the Photon implementation.
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:47:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:47:49