Product Chat / EBE, AI and Stairs (semi tutorial) - Inquiry and possible bug/glitch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
11/26/18 Build
Windows Pro
16GB RAM
GTX1050
Dell 7010

Hey Everybody,

Does anyone know whether or not the issue with EBE, AI and Stairs have been resolved? The reason is because I stumbled upon a possible reason for this issue. I have read and re-read all of the posts and have tried everyone's suggestions and ideas, and the strange thing is I learned that it might be a bug after all. Here are my steps and I can repeat it successfully:

1. Add New Site
2. Lay Down 1 flight of stairs at ground level
3. Create Platform (3x3) on 2nd Floor
4. Cover Platform with Floor Zone
5. Create waypoint with starting in front of foot of stairs and ending at beginning of Platform
6. Create Fat Zombie to the right/left of platform
7. Create Player Marker (shotgun) on platform close enough for Zombie to detect easily
8. Save Game

If I "Save as Stand Alone Game", then play it, the Zombie works perfectly, going up after me, then if I jump down or go around and down stairs, Zombie will follow after me down the stairs. It will keep going up and down the stairs perfectly, at least until I shoot'em in the head! LOL!!! Now, if I press the "Test Game" button, again the Zombie works perfectly, but once I exit (Press Escape) out of the game, "Save as Stand Alone Game", or "Test Game Again", the Zombie is messed up. It will sometimes just stand there in idle and face me, rotating if needed, sometimes it will walk to the foot of the stairs and stare there in idle and face me, rotating if needed, or it will make it all the way up the stairs then stand at the top of the platform in idle and face me, rotating if needed to always face me. Now I have spent over 30 hours creating numerous steps numbers, heights of stairs, different platforms, dropping the zombie at different places around or near the stairs and the outcome is always the same. As long as I don't press "Test Game" it's all good, or if I save first, press "Test Game", to see if it works, then load my saved game again it's all good, but once I press "Test Game" nothing will fix the problem, unless I delete the stairs/platform and rebuild or drop a new set down, then it works good again, until the next time I press "Test Game". I don't know why, but "Test Game" breaks the path finding to the waypoint completely. I have gone in Default view the first time in "Test Game" and the path is perfect, then exit out, hit "Test Game" again then when I step on the stairs the "red diamond" and path disappear, then the zombie just stops. Just wondering if anyone else has discovered this too or if this issue has been resolved in an upcoming patch? Anyways, I got a consistent work around for me, which is "Save" before pressing "Test Game", the reload previous "Save", make any changes or additions, then repeat. Anyway hope my tests and discovery can help save someone else 30+ hours of testing. P.S. if anyone wants me to attach an example for them to try out, please let me know.
PM
DarinM1967
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello again,

Was wondering if anyone else can confirm this (possible bug) or if it's been resolved in one of the updates? Thanks either way!
PM
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, following your steps I could indeed recreate this bug. I'm using the public preview march fixer version so it looks like it hasn't been fixed in any update.
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2019 05:16 Edited at: 7th Apr 2019 06:12
Hi, im curious on this, will take a look now* edit
Can confirm also there is a issue with the floorzone system on height
(Y = 700), Ebe height would be around 705. Possible + ranges and entity based platform not tested)
Sorry to hear about the wasted hours, though you have shown a good issue at hand.
I believe capping your platform edge and forcing stair usage and not using a floorzone would be less costly.
I also gained a better response not using a waypoint and used scene with simple detection, movement, kill.
To add a edge to a scene, nav to waypoint, waypoint on ground not stairs, player enters room and action.
All the best with your project
PM
DarinM1967
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry been away from Gameguru due to having to move from location, to location, etc., anyway thanks Kitakazi for confirming. Defy, I don't know if your still around, but if you are would you elaborate further on adding an edge to a scene and the height requests your asking. How do I determine the height of things inside of gameguru? Thanks again for the replies and look forward to learning more about this interesting game engine.
PM
DarinM1967
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to let everybody know that the problem for the most part is fixed and the npcs are able to consistently follow me up the stairs, though there are some issues left like choosing the wrong path to get there, or getting stuck at wrong waypoints, etc, but at least they not just standing there staring at you, swaying back and forth forever! LOL!!!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:41:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:41:18