Work In Progress / A.T.A Stealth Commando (Top-down/Isometric Stealth Shooter)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 14:07 Edited at: 25th Mar 2019 14:37
"After The Apocalypse Stealth Commando"

[/b][color=orange]Developer: Spawnagain

Description: A.T.A Stealth Commando is a isometric shooter game with stealth elements for low end PC.

What do you guys think ? I'm new to the Game-Guru and mostly used scripts and free assets on the forum . I will be happy to answer any questions you may have (my english is not good but ill try my best
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 14:13 Edited at: 25th Mar 2019 14:13
I edited your post to show the Video .. Looks cool
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
spawnagain
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 18:52 Edited at: 25th Mar 2019 18:52
Looks cool already.

The gameplay of this looks pretty solid and I like how you actually crafted creative little encounters. The stealth, how you added cover and explosives as well as how you cleverly spawned the zombie as soon as the player reached that dead end, it all looked very fun to play. This is quite an achievment because usually when someone presents his first project, I for one, think it looks more like a chore.
So this is really a good start to a project I'll be keeping an eye on.

Now to what I find less decent: Its visually less appealing. The lack of shadows especially and you also use a lot of props that really don't blend together. I think investing some time in that aspect of the game, maybe learning how to modify textures to unify the look of the game would be a good idea. You also have things going on like trash cans stuck in geometry, random ww2 vehicles in a crassly different style in what is obviously a modernday themed game. I think this is an area where you can improve.

I've seen that you try to have this run on lower end systems. Here are 2 tricks to get more fps if you have not done this already:
1.Turn down "camera distance" in the TAB settings. You'll get a few FPS more and you can set it very low given your game being top-down view.
2. If you get into 3d modeling, try using modular terrain entities rather than the built in terrain feature. You can turn off the terrain while testing using F11 to get a glimpse at the instant FPS boost. This is a tutorial for more things you can do if you are interested.

Good luck with your further developing!

-Wolf
spawnagain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 06:17 Edited at: 26th Mar 2019 09:20
I lower the camera distance to 4 like you said , it works like a charm and im getting solid 60 fps without recording now Thanks alot for your kind words and tips it measn alot
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 14:46
i like your game, and it looks like you have already have a story / game line in, .. that is nice .
Keep up the good work.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 17:03
a different approach , very nice congrats

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:30:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:30:39