3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Bods Showcase

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 20:53 Edited at: 11th Mar 2019 20:56
I just looked in on the Discord and discovered I am viewed as someone who freaked out and restricted users by having a licence with my free models.

I did not freak out, I gave away just under 650 free models and somehow giving away free models restricts users games , I had said if the models don't suit your game don't use them and find some that do, when I asked about a counter I was told I couldn't have one so started uploading to my own site and that caused trouble because some people missed them as I only had them up for a week or so, some who missed them pm'd me and I ALWAYS passed them on, others were just abusive, I even got called the modelling equivalent of the "Soup Nazi" , whatever that is and when someone contacted me about me sending them the Blender files so they could modify them I was accused of crying about my models when I said they were not to be altered and that was by someone I have made free custom models for in the past. I started the thread a few months after my wife passed away and found learning modelling quite cathartic during that time but recently it became a mill stone so I pulled the plug.
thughto
Years of Service
User Offline
My sincerest condolences Bod. I have been using the Game Guru engine for a little over a year now and your free models have been a blessing! I wish you the best for the future and want to say thank you for all you have done! You have helped teach me much about game design and programming when I knew nothing. Your generosity has more impact than the negativity of others implies!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 21:14 Edited at: 11th Mar 2019 21:21
1. I said you freaked out, but i think it's just a North/South missunderstanding, we use the phrase "freaked out" down my way to mean someone did something suddenly without warning, we use it all the time without thinking. Sorry if you misunderstood.

2. Its was never about your restrictions themselves, it was more about your reactions, it felt like you were going to have a stroke or something at one point, it was actually quite upsetting to read.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
granada
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 21:19
Come back Bod ,your models are great

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 21:37 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 22:18
Quote: " it felt like you were going to have a stroke or something at one point"

Obviously you don't know me, I don't do stress. Originally there was no licence at all until some of them appeared on a modelling website as someone else's work when all they had done was alter the skins, I was also peeved when the person paid someone to alter some of them and then said they had done it because I was too lazy to do the mods when they originally contacted me asking for the alterations, then when the mods they paid for didn't work they got a forum member to alter them again but it still didn't put me off making more and more.
osiem80
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 23:09
Agree with granada, one of the best free models for GG, and so many of them
Come back!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 02:02 Edited at: 12th Mar 2019 02:03
The problem will never stop though …
There will always be someone who will alter the models to their liking for their game license or not if im brutally honest .. You cannot check every game and its not just yours either , Modellers on Turbosquid and many other sites have the same problem even AAA commercial games have models ripped. If you don't want to risk that then the only way to avoid this is not to make them.

Sorry but that's the harsh truth
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GubbyBlips
User Offline
Bod-- I have certainly enjoyed your mods!
Hope you the best. Modeling takes true talent!
Wish I had some!
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 14:59
My condolences. Now that we have context I am sure that no one will view you in such a negative light anymore.

Quote: "Originally there was no licence at all until some of them appeared on a modelling website as someone else's work when all they had done was alter the skins, I was also peeved when the person paid someone to alter some of them and then said they had done it because I was too lazy to do the mods when they originally they contacted me asking for the alterations, then when the mods they paid for didn't work they got a forum member to alter them again but it still didn't put me off making more and more."

If you simply stated that when I asked you why you would do this rather than have us close your thread it would have made sense.
I'm pretty sure anyone would have understood your motivation, I mean I get it now and its very reasonable.

I'd still have a clause that allows modification for projects but simply no redistribution or commercial third party alterations?

We can unlock your thread if you want to but I fully understand if you rather take a break or pursue something different. But as you see, here you have quite the audience

-Wolf
Tarkus1971
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 15:09
Such a great shame to lose a talented creator here. Your entities were always of great quality and inspiring. Hope you will come back.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 17:18
Bod. i am sorry the hear of your loss. My condolences to you.
90 % or more off the models i am using in all my maps is from you, i can never say thank you enough.

Pcs.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
PM
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 13:14 Edited at: 19th Mar 2019 13:16
Bob, first I want to say I am sorry for your lost, you are very talented and extremely kind 3d artist.

you helped for free to many creators without asking for penny just because you are kind, I dont know who is the rude guys who talking to you like this
but many of this community say many thanks for your AAA models that upgrade any game map include my.

Thanks Bob

Peri.
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 14:48 Edited at: 19th Mar 2019 18:54
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bod. You're obviously a great guy.
[MOD EDIT] all those ungrateful, wining [MOD EDIT]. Don't take any of it to heart. They're just white noise in the void. Meaningless cruel voices in a massive crowd that DOES have good people in it. And some are glad to know you.
As they say; don't let the [MOD EDIT] drag you down.
I hope things get better for you. These words seem feeble in light of your loss and what you must be going through, -Not to speak for everyone- but I believe there are people here who would listen if you needed to talk and ask nothing in return. At least I would.
And thank you for your hard work and kindness. It has been most appreciated and will not be forgotten.
Best of luck and best wishes.
Read a free sample from book one of my zombie apocalypse series
AMD FX8350, 8-CORE @ 4.34ghz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, WINDOWS 10
tdreisinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 15:01
[href=null]Now that we have context I am sure that no one will view you in such a negative light anymore. [/href]

I believe you and Doggy were the only ones being negative on here.
Timothy D. Reisinger
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 20:02
Hi Bod

As a fellow modeler that has given away about the same number of models that you have (although probably not of the same quality as yours) can I just say that it is very distressing to read your post above.

All I can say mate is you are an important member of this community and judging by many of the posts on this thread a great asset. Please don't let the careless comments of a few stop what you enjoy doing and what so many appreciate.

Stick with us mate

Ken
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 22:35
Quote: "I believe you and Doggy were the only ones being negative on here."

I don't recall being negative towards Bod. I expressed an opinion, disagreeing with his license back then and asking why he'd word it that way. I never accused him of anything nor did I participate in the slander he describes in his first post.

-Wolf
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 09:48
First of all thanks for the support it is very much appreciated, just to clear something up which may not be too clear, I am not recently bereaved my wife died 4 years ago shortly before I started the original Bod's mods thread, learning to use Blender was something I did to fill time and I mentioned when I started the thread I was using you guys as guinea pigs whilst I was learning, I pulled the plug on the thread because I was getting a lot of negative messages and email from people who missed models I only put up for limited time and when someone posted on the thread I should stop crying about my models and either put them on with no restriction on time or modification or not bother at all I took the decision not to bother at all.
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 11:09
I don't blame you Bod.
And all -or at least most- of us appreciate your hard work and valuable time spent with nothing in return.
For that you have my gratitude. As well, I'm certain, as that of many others.
Do what makes you happy. If that has ceased to be making and giving away models, I hope you find something that fills the space.
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 12:37
Thanks UndeadJoe, I'm still cranking out the models, the enjoyment of making them has never changed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 18:48
HI Bod, these models looks supper cool.
Nice to see you are still modeling.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 23:05
I lost my wife (well ex-wife if we're being technical) about 4 years ago too.

Came home one day and couldn't find her anywhere! Suspected one of the kids may have buried her under the patio but apparently she has been spotted down town in Morrisons.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2019 01:15
Quote: "Thanks UndeadJoe, I'm still cranking out the models, the enjoyment of making them has never changed."

Glad to hear it.
thughto
Years of Service
User Offline
I am overjoyed to hear that you are still making models Bod! As a game developer of only the past year using Game Guru, I must say that you are a valued member and mentor to creators such as myself! Keep up the amazing work bro!
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 11:05 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2019 15:07
As usual I got carried away

Attachments

UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 11:59
Wow. Those look great.
granada
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 17:55
Nice models Bod

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 20:40
Awesome
PM
thughto
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing work Bod!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you have a link where you distribute them now so those who may want to purchase can do ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 23:36
synchromesh wrote: "Do you have a link where you distribute them now so those who may want to purchase can do ?"

I second that motion.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 03:28
Quote: "I believe you and Doggy were the only ones being negative on here."

I wasn't trying to be negative , I was trying to make a point . If you want to make free stuff for the community ...We appreciate it , But I don't like reading lots of complaining , Like right before this incident a new user that had gotten GG the day before for Christmas was asking Bod if he would put all his models in one file . Bod blew up at him . I made the comment hes brand new he doesn't understand the work you've already put in hes new here . Maybe take it a little easier yanno . I don't and never will suck up to anyone for anything . If you do me a favor or something like that , I am appreciative of it . That should be good enough .
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 11:36
Yes these trucks are beautiful, looks fantastic. one can use them to make a transport trucking game or something like that. will have to keep my ear close to the ground to listen when or were these models will be available what ever the cost.
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 20:14
@sycromesh, Flatlander and PCS
I have no plans to release them yet, I have been playing around with all the models I made since the plug was pulled and have a few transport models which are driveable using AmenMoses's scripts and some road signs and traffic lights I have been using in the GameGuru Suburbs, the problem is I can only get the Fire engine and Lorry cabs to work properly and even then I have to use the same road wheel for front and rear wheels, when I tried with the articulated trailers things got weird, I'm not the best at scripting.
When I do release them they will be by request from my own site, my webspace/domain provider was Streamline but they were taken over by Fasthost, until I started putting models on it a couple of months ago I hadn't updated the site since 2015 and recently the price went up and the space went down which is why I only put the models on for a short period, I'm in the process of making a new site and looking for a new provider.

@=VX=Doggy
I didn't blow up at him, he came on and without a word of thanks or a comment asked me to put them all in one pack, when I said no he moaned about having to do it himself and I asked him if he seriously expected me to do it for him, I also mentioned I thought it was a bit cheeky later in the thread and syncromesh the voice of reason replied that he was more green than cheeky or something along those lines.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 21:15
If you need help with scripts for any of your models just let me know, I'm more than willing to help bring more models to life.
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 22:16
Thanks AmenMoses, how would you need this one cutting up ? I used this one because it only has one set of rear wheels on the cab but I struggled getting it to use the double rears, I won't even bother mentioning the trailer Also the inside isn't finished as you can see, I just made a steering wheel for now, I didn't make seats and instruments in case it didn't work out, I can always add them later.

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 23:24
Cab and trailer as separate entities, obviously, looks like a single wheel entity which you would need 8 of but would be 2 fpe files, i.e. trailer_wheel and cab_wheel so the script could use the name to position them correctly.

The cab origin should be centre of rear axle as usual, trailer I would need to give some thought to as it needs to rotate around the centre point of the twin axles but also needs to 'follow' the cab and the cab connection point is where they join so in reality it sort of has two points of rotation to take into account.

Interesting problem as lining everything up on bumpy terrain would be a challenge in itself, would probably involve some tricky math as you're dealing with two entities position wise (i.e. cab and trailer) but they are positionally dependent on each other.

But I do love a challenge.
PM
tdreisinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 02:50
Quote: "But I don't like reading lots of complaining"

There is a sure fire way to avoid that ... don't read it.
Timothy D. Reisinger
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 20:10 Edited at: 25th Mar 2019 20:12
@AmenMoses, I was completely on the wrong track, I was thinking of making a pivot point where the red line is on the trailer then make the fifth wheel coupling of the cab model hold the trailer model and try to drag it round with your physics . Incidentally the rear wheels of the cab are the same as the wheels on the trailer so I assume you need one twin wheel model (rear of cab and trailer) and one single wheel model ( front of cab).

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 20:23
Dragging around with physics Is possible, just make the connection from trailer to cab a physics hinge, but then you would need to 'push' the cab around using physics as well which is doable but very difficult.

There is an example of movement using 'real' physics, of course with a boat you don't have to deal with that tricky thing called friction, a vehicle on land has to be 'pushed' hard to begin with (or when going up hill) but then pushed less when it gets moving.

PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 21:28
I followed your physics tutorial and got some chains and ropes working in my WIP game but I think I was biting off more than I could chew with the trucks, good job with the boat.

Is this all you need ? I left the axles in the trailer and the rear of the cab and put a hub in the front single wheel. the truck origin is the differential of the rear axle and the trailer origin is on the centre line between the rear axles, let me know if I need to change anything.

Attachments

AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 21:31
That all looks fine, funnily enough Pirate Myke is doing something similar which I'm helping out with. Great minds think alike and all that.
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 21:36
I will PM you the link to the zip file.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 21:41
Ok
PM
Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 21:53
Great modelling work as always!
Visit our FB site and like
https://www.facebook.com/crowhillstudiosofficial
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 08:31 Edited at: 27th Mar 2019 08:32
@Bod

Have you looked into GoDaddy for a website?

Amen Moses wrote: "But I do love a challenge."

. . . and you love math.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2019 17:50
Ah man...
I was wondering what happen with your great thread and your models.
Now I understand. But I must say it’s a big loss for the community, all the very well done models not available anymore... but I can understand you, a lot of work and you get negative mails and complains.... well...
I hope someday we will see some great models again from you.
Thank you for your good work. : )
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2019 23:11 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2019 14:33
@ Flatlander, I've looked at quite a few so far, GoDaddy always seems to be pretty high up the list of recommendation and my current one ( Fasthost) never gets a mention, do you have experience of GoDaddy ? At the moment it's between them and iPage, I'm leaning towards iPage because they have unlimited bandwidth and space.

@MooKai, I'm still cranking out the models but won't be putting any more on here, when my new website is sorted I may upload some from time to time which will be request only and the licence will have to be agreed to before download, for the moment I am using the ones which were destined for the old thread to make a city with a traffic system with the help of AmenMoses and his driving scripts, I'm now on buses and coaches.

This video was made before AmenMoses latest scripts which has amazing independent suspension.

Attachments

Medmatheus
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice truck Bod, this vehicle would fit perfectly in one of my levels
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2019 17:57
Wow, nice...
There are some nice houses.... driving a truck hmmmm.... can I kill zombies with the truck? LOL
That would be funny.

What about your old models, which you’ve posted here before, can I/we still use them in our games?

.... nice houses.... uhhh. Zombies and a truck.... hmmm LOL
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Bod
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2019 18:21
Quote: "What about your old models, which you’ve posted here before, can I/we still use them in our games?"

Of course you can.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-10-24 01:48:54
Your offset time is: 2019-10-24 01:48:54