Tutorials & Guides / Basic Rigging in Fragmotion. [Bilingual - includes German]

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 16:41 Edited at: 24th Aug 2020 11:22
Hello!

First of all this is going to be the last tutorial I make for fragmotion. I get a lot of messages about it and tried to explain how to use it to so many people that I simply don't feel like it anymore. Someone I really respect asked me to so I abliged.

Ey!

Also vorab mal, das hier ist das letzte Tutorial zu Fragmotion das ich veröffentliche. Ich werd eigentlich dauernd danach gefragt und habs schon so vielen Leuten versucht beizubringen dass ich nun echt keinen Bock mehr habe. Nun, ein anderer 3d Modellierer den ich sehr respektiere hat mich gefragt, drum mach ichs nochmal:

I keep this as short and precise as possible. This tutorial will teach you the basic rigging functions (where to click). If you want to perfect it, you gotta experiment for yourself. So lets go:

Ich versuche es kurz und knackig zu halten. Diese Tutorial bringt dir bei wie du einfache Nahkampfwaffen an ein bestehendes Animationsset "riggst": Also machen wir mal:

* First thing you gotta do is open the hand rig with the animations you want to rig to. Now make sure that you have it in default pose and no animations active (default) and click "file - merge". Now you select the weapon you want to rig to the anims and import hit.

Öffne zuerst das Animationsset zu dem du riggen willst (die Hände). Clicke dann "file-merge". Als nächstes wählst du die Waffe aus, die du importieren möchtest.

HOLD UP! Before you go any further you will want to make sure that your textures are unified. LINK ON HOW TO DO THAT.

Bevor du weiter machst solltest du sicher gehen dass sämtliche UV's auf einer einzigen Textur sind. Damit es später im GG auch funktioniert und die passenden Shader hat. Dazu oben ein Link zu einem weiteren Tutorial.

Now lets continue:

The arrow points at the modifiers. Select your new weapon and scale it / rotate it, apply the correct material. Make sure its positioned where the original weapon used to be. Next step will be to delete the original weapon (but, of course, not its bone).

Skalieren, rotieren, plazieren. Hier gehts einfach darum dass deine Waffe genau so plaziert ist wie die Vorherige.

What happens now is you selecting the skeleton browser and the right bone (which one that is, is different for every rig and you have to use your splendid deductive reasoning skills on that one ) Select the weapon you want to rig, make sure the vertices are select as well!!!, click "assign selected vertices to bone."

Fast geschafft! Nun wählst du den "Skeleton browser" an und suchst den passenden Bone. Bei Nahkampfwaffen ist es ja zum Glück nur einer. Du musst sicher gehen dass du die "vertices"auch ausgewählt hast. Wähle also die Waffe und den passenden Bone aus und klicke "assign select vertices to bone". Welcher Bone das ist, ist bei jedem Rig etwas anders und das musst du selber rausfinden

Now you have to weigh the bones. For rigid bodies like melee weapons its usually the max weight but this can be a little less. Use the slider to set it and then click the biggest "set" button. Now check the animation if it plays correctly and if the weapon is placed correctly. When all that is good, badabing, badaboom, sonny jim, you rigged a weapon.

Hier musst du nun "Gewichte" für die Bones anbringen. Das machst du mit diesem farbigen Barren. Für rigide Körper wie etwa Prügelwaffen ists meistens eh das Maximum, es kann aber auch etwas weniger sein. Einfach die Animation abspielen und nachbessern bis es stimmt. Also: Gewicht wählen und den grossen "Set" Knopf drücken. Wenns nun so ist wie dus dir vorstellst wars das eigentlich auch schon.

IMPORTANT: To minimize further problems make sure that once you export there is only:

1 texture
1 material
and 1 animation set.

ALSO make sure that the animation is set to 30 fps, fragmo can set a higher number here which would be wrong.

Wichtig: Um weitere Probleme zu minimieren solltest du sicher gehen dass das Modell, bevor du exportierst, nur:

1 Texture
1 Material
und 1 Animation mit einer Bildwiederholrate /Framerate von 30 hat.

Want to rig something more advanced than melee weapons?

Here is a great video:

I hope this points some people in the right direction. Sorry for the eventual passive-aggressive tone but fragmotion isn't fun...explaining it is less fun

Ich hoffe es hat ein Paar von euch die richtige Richtung gezeigt. Sollte ich genervt rüber kommen entschuldige ich mich aber fragmotion macht schon keinen Spaß...es erklären noch weniger

-Wolf
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 16:46
Thanks for that Wolf ,the fragmotion forum has been down for months now

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 16:48
Oh snap! I'll edit my post. thanks Dave!
osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 21:21
Ausgezeichnet, ich habe noch ein video tutorial ueber das character riggen in fragmotion aus den alten fpsc tagen, werde auch einen thread dafuer erstellen
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:26:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:26:05