Product Chat / [SOLVED] PBR model working in editor but not ingame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I've been playing around with GameGuru for about 2 weeks. I've got myself in a position where I can create and rig a model in blender, UV map it with a material that has all (except AO) PBR textures, and imported it into the game.

The model animation works fine in 3rd person, and in the editor mode I can see that it's using the PBR textures (the gold part is reflecting the surroundings).

However, once I start up the game the gold becomes flat yellow with specular.

Top image is editor.

Bottom image is ingame.

I'm using PNG files all named _gloss _color _metalness _normal. I'm using the effectbank\reloaded\apbr_anim.fx shader in the FPE file (as this character is animated). materialindex is set to 1, and in setup.ini forceloadtestgameshaders=1 and pbroverride=0.

Any ideas why ingame it's not rendering PBR? I've added other PBR models and they work fine.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2019 01:08 Edited at: 27th Feb 2019 01:10
Metalness - black is dialectric, White is metal

Gloss - Black is shiney, white is rough. Game Guru does not use a traditional gloss map. We use the roughness and call it gloss.

Specular - Mostly grey scale except for metalic objects, then the reflectence color of the metal is used for the specular color. Not used in PBR.

Roughness - Black is Rough, White is shiny. This is our gloss map in Game Guru.

Displacement - White is height, black is lows

Normal direction +X -Y +Z

Quote: "
--- #define RealisticVsCool (0.60) ---
Allows you to control some of the PBR light and light extractions from the environment , if you want it to look more like UE try to set it around 0.90 , if you want a Unity PBR look try to set it around 0.40. I made it like this , as i expect people will have different expectations for PBR.

--- #define AmountExtractLight (0.50) ---
This allow you to control the extraction of light , this is actually the sun from your skybox that you see on your car , so what you see is light extraction. to lower the intensity of the sun you can just lower this value.

Forgot to move those to settings.fx , so currently there are inside "apbr_core.fx"."

Axis direction in GG
Pos y - up
Neg Y - Down
Pos X - Right
Neg X - Left
Pos z - Forward
Neg Z - Back
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 27th Feb 2019 06:50
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Have you tried with pbroverride=1?

Also unless you are changing shaders or settings.fx forceloadtesgameshaders should equal 0 so you get a faster load time.

Cheers.
Dream Scape
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks both.

I read on the forums that to initially get GG to enable PBR you needed to set forceloadtestgameshaders=1 and pbroverride=0.

I'd already tried turning off forceloadtestgameshaders, but changing pbroverride back to 1 seems to have done the trick. Having read the other thread I assumed having this set as 1 meant you wanted to override PBR shading. Obviously not.

The only thing I need to work out now is why on the flat faces the reflection is upside down (but on the sides it's the right way). Might be a normal thing but haven't quite worked it out yet.

If anyone has an idea that can speed up the resolution of that - I'd be grateful.
PM
Dream Scape
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the double post but I've just realised what is causing this.

The GG shader is being very clever.

Because the flat centre is attached to beveled edge (and it's all one smoothing group) it's treating this as a concave surface - like spoon.

And therefore it's correctly inverting the reflection upside down.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:22:06