3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Special offer from Arteria3D - year subscription only for 49$

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG,Conan Exiles,WoW,HoMM III,MoO 2,Master of Orion 2016
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 14:53 Edited at: 13th Feb 2019 15:07
Hello, dear community! Yesterday I bought a cheap model in the Arteria3D store, and to my surprise, Steve (as I understand the artist and owner) graciously provided a huge discount for all other content.

Also, after I told him that I was creating a game on the GameGuru, and he provided a special discount for visitors to the our forum:
Access for a whole year to all content that is in the Arteria3D store for $49
( if you are interested, here is a link to a special discount page: Arteria3d Gameguru Special offer )

I just started to carefully study the model I purchased (and to tons of others models, access to which I received by paying a subscription) and I like what I see.
Later, if the moderators do not mind, I will write about my impressions in detail.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2019 17:38 Edited at: 13th Feb 2019 17:45
His models are quite decent and very reasonably priced. I can recommend them, especially since they are usually packs with lots of variation and customisability out of the box.

However: Buyer beware: you will need basic modeling knowledge to unify a few texture maps, edit meshes and proper importing. Especially if you want to use proper lighting and shading in game guru. Its really just a few clicks per model but its necessary. This is mostly for animated things but an absolute must here.

Things are frequently on sale too if you want to pick up one or 2 things for a bit of change.

-Wolf
J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Tauren thank you for posting this link to Arteria3D I had not seen this site before...
I looked.. and liked what saw.. so I jumped in and got the GameGuru offer..
I like medieval dungeon stuff so this site was ideal.. and Steve is a very friendly guy..
I had access to the whole site within the hour and was downloading all the
Characters, Dungeons , Castles and more ... even medieval Music...

Now as Wolf advises above... You do need some experience with GameGuru and modelling
and of course with characters you need Scripting to get them to perform..
You cannot just plonk them down inside GameGuru there is some work required..
I used Paint.Net and Fragmotion in my quest to get these models into GameGuru.

Here is a little list of what I had to do to get a character into GameGuru.. ( Just a quick Test)

1. Most of the models come with DirectX format.. so that is good for GameGuru easier to get them setup.
2. Most of the models have multiple textures.. This is not so bad now as GameGuru is getting better at using these..
3. Most of the Textures are jpg.. So I used Paint.Net and saved the jpg to DDS format.
3. I made a folder for GameGuru and copied...
charatcter DirectX model
All the DDS textures I had converted.
4. Made an icon BMP file and created a FPE file to describe the model with the animation frame numbers setup.
5. Started up GameGuru and loaded in my character...
6. Placed the normal GameGuru Fantasy Wizard model next to my new character.
7. My new Arteria3D Character is Giant it is huge... ( so we need to scale it down)
8. Attach the viewanimations lua script... and the character does animate..

So the Arteria3D models are huge compared to GameGuru...
1. Scaling in the FPE file does not do the trick I used scale = 42 this does get the model to about correct size..
but when you run GameGuru the feet sink into the ground about knee high..

2. Scale using the widget does get the model about size but is more of a fiddle.. they do now stay on the ground
when GameGuru runs.. but you would have do this guess work fiddle with the widget all the time.. not good.
3. Load the model into Fragmotion and scale ALL using 0.42 on the X,Y,Z fields..
But now the model is correct size but is above the Y- 0,0 origin (floating in air)
4. So have to use Fragmotion Transform menu option (Transform Options..)
In Transforms select Postion and Option [ Stand At ] and Presets [All]
Now set the X,Y,Z boxes to [ 0.0000]
And press Apply.
5. The model will now be set feet to the ground
6. Export the model and reuse in GameGuru..
7. Model works and just needs a new script to control it...
============
I have a lot more to test.. and to play with..
I have not even started on the dungeons and castles yet..
but overall I am really pleased I found Arteria3D

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2019 17:48
Nice explanation J_C , thanks

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor