Multiplayer / MP Promotion idea

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to get some feedback on an idea I could put to Lee
Rather than a 50% discount on the next Promotion at £5:99
How about an MP promotion .. Usual price but 2 Steam keys … One for a friend so they can at least play MP and it may give it a little boost?
Just an Idea ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2019 04:58
I wish he would just team up with a server host , and make it so any custom content can be downloaded as they enter the server , just like in modded games .
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I wish he would just team up with a server host , and make it so any custom content can be downloaded as they enter the server , just like in modded games . "

Ye I know but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon
The problem is really there doesn't seem to be enough of an MP community to push for that hence the idea above to make use of what we do have ..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2019 21:19
If it draws more people to GG it’s a good idea

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
isn't that the same thing but less attractive to devs who don't want multiplayer?
i mean if it's 50% for 1 or 100% for 2 you are paying the same price for 2 either way.
also advertising multiplayer in an engine that really can't do multiplayer would be a bit of a strange idea, might need to wait on that one
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "isn't that the same thing but less attractive to devs who don't want multiplayer?"

Yep !!
But isn't that the same thing as being less attractive if you buy GG you cant play MP with anyone that doesn't own it ..
The Idea is just Buy one get one free at the normal price if you like … Give it to a family member or a friend .
Its hardly expensive anyway compared to other engines on steam.

It was just an idea even if it was a bad one
PM
PCVeteran
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Feb 2019 21:54
Tell all of you what, how about making the base engine free, and giving the community their choice of some DLCs that the customers who payed for the base engine get free (ex. enhanced weapons, mega packs, mission to mars, etc?) Then, that way they're properly compensated in this particular case of the engine going free. And those who bought those DLCs before they were given out as compensation get a priority in voting for upcoming features, and other things like that. Or they their choice of more new or old DLC than those who didn't buy them or have them purchased.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 17:04 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2019 19:26
i would love to play multiplayer games,
it would be awesome if we can start to have an notification on the forum just like we have now when you subscribe to a post , when lets say someone has started a multiplayer game in the editor, that way every one who is online at that time on the forum can join as soon as they see there is an multiplayer game going on, this way maybe we can start to attract more people to actually play multiplayer games online.
at this time no one knows if anyone is hosting a game or not.

also would be nice to have at the end of the day a standalone multiplayer game.

Pcs
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:37:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:37:39