Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2019 15:30 Edited at: 21st Feb 2020 04:11
Developer: DenZelik

Storyline

These are dark times for the entire Neira: the oldest race Neuros lived side by side with their descendants - Nekendiges, began a sudden a bloody war for racial purity: relatives kill their children, Nekendiges driven into reservations, some become partisans, and only a few remain intact. You are one of many mercenaries, who by chance was in the middle of one of the greatest cities in Neuros in Cognatio. Now you are one of those who can directly affect the outcome of the war. Don't miss your chance...

Description: The game in the genre Action-RPG with pumping, quests and other inherent things for this genre.

Video build test location with a demonstration of the basic mechanics: https://youtu.be/637h946Bl2c

[ What is done ]

Basic mechanics:
1. Getting experience and new levels
2. Bleeding (21 skills)
3. Quests Journal
4. The dialog tree
5. Inventory
6. Alchemy
7. Collecting Alchemy Ingredients
8. Equipping weapons / armor
9. Saving data between locations
10. Trading

[ What is created ]

1. Main location and main elements required for quests (80%)
2. Main quests (5%)
3. Quest locations (3%)

[ What is planned ]

1. Additional missions
2. Additional locations: caves, tombs.
3. Detailing locations (light, additional elements, population, vegetation)
4. Magic(20 types)

Gamejolt game page

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2019 14:39
Interesting so far! It would be nice to see some more screenshots
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2019 15:29 Edited at: 14th Jan 2019 16:16
What's new?

Hello! A small post about how to move development.
Now I am working on the main quest of the city of Masters. It will need to save the miners, the passage to which is littered. But as always, not everything is so simple and strange magic power helps us to find a workaround. In the found room you need to solve a simple puzzle to go further.

It is a little about the development of locations: now they look rather poor, there are few details and color correction with an atmosphere like this. The fact is that now I am doing the main parts for the quests, so as not to run around the simple box) And then, when I build all the levels, I will work separately on each of the locations.

Well, so far this is all I can tell about my project. At the end of the month I’ll probably release a report.

All excellent development

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2019 17:54
Its cool to see my old fantasy props still being used so much! Its a good start. Something that is imediately noticeable is that rogue shadow in the first screenshot on the left. It points towards a lightsource rather than away.
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 14:16 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2019 14:18
Hello everyone again!
A bit late, but still made a report on the work done in January month!
So
What was done

1. The main quest of the City of Masters has been completed, and a cave for this quest has been made
2. Improved day and night cycle
3. Added saving all data
4. Placed the main objects for the City of Masters

This month I will try to finish the main storyline - it remains to make the final mission and final location for the mission. Also, I have already created a "frame" for the Kingdom. This sublocation will be the largest of all. There will be different areas, masters, etc. Next, I will add additional quests - about 4-5 in each sublocation. After that, I will work on developing the terrain, detailing, population of locations (otherwise they are not very soft at the moment), and also add / change texture maps for models. Next will be months of tests, finishing and optimization. I hope that I will have time to finish by May-June.

All all the best and good development!

By the way, I created a page for the game on GameJolt. If you want, subscribe) Click here!

Attachments

DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2019 10:26
Hello dears!

News about the development yet, but there are a couple of screenshots of the penultimate location. This is a battlefield, one of the lines of defense that was destroyed while defending against the undead. It will be undead, as well as the boss, who does not Shine with special attacks, but it hurts and has a lot of health.

Attachments

DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2019 07:39
Hello dears!

It has not been news on the game, so here you go)

Being at the finish line I flew all the sources, and while I was restoring them, I thought: "Maybe I'm doing something wrong?". There were few tasks, weapons, too, and the system itself was quite crutch, so I decided to start all over again

Now I wrote a new inventory system, tweaked the dialogue system, completed the system of tasks, created a separate window where the player can see all the characteristics of the character, and began to make a new world from scratch with a new story, tasks and the like. I started working on a system of positive and negative effects like bleeding, regeneration, poisoning, and so on. Also I have been creating magic(so far the plans 20 species), as a combat(Tirebolu) and secondary(for example magic to lift things)

Also I have created all to select the background. This is a thing that will affect your characteristics, and can change the dialogues and can even give and close alternative ways to perform tasks

Behind, as well as ahead, there is still a lot of work, so the release is still postponed to 2020

Now I am building a simple demo for my thesis(my game is a thesis), which I will post in June-July

All the best

Attachments

DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2019 07:33 Edited at: 16th Aug 2019 07:34
Hi, everybody)
It's been a long time. Development is still underway, albeit sometimes very slowly and dreary. But still there is progress - and it's good.

Almost fully was completed the entire magic in technical terms of. It remains to finalize an additional 3 quite a difficult magic and all, it will be possible to do for ones appearance, cosmetic. Video with demonstration of the most interesting magic I attached.

Work on the inventory was also carried out. The code has been slightly optimized, and the display of images of each of the items has been added. Now I use standard images that are displayed in Entities, but in the future I will replace them with better ones.

More work has been done on the negative effects, both for the main character, and for enemies/allies and so on.

Well, work has begun on the main location. The work done so far is not enough, but still it is.

So, in technical terms, almost everything is ready. I think that everything will be done in 2020, and I will make every effort to do so.

I will try to write posts more often.

Link: https://youtu.be/kuYA1BgdbR8

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2019 02:35
Very interesting work you did with the magic system.
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2019 03:06 Edited at: 17th Oct 2019 10:07
Hello
This time I didn’t make many changes in the game itself, but they still exist. One part of the location was reworked due to uselessness, various small details were added like pebbles, debris, dirt, etc., new locations were created, and particulars were created for different territories.

It's all. Little change, but better than nothing

All successful development)

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2019 23:33
Pretty decent overall... I like your HUD! that pink flame looks kinda corny though Sorry but it really sticks out to me.

-Wolf
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2019 02:02
That's possible)
I just haven't found a normal alternative yet, so I'm using this fire. What do you mean by the word "corny": the fire itself and it needs to be altered, for example, in the form of particles, or do you mean that you need to change to a completely different source(smoke, some particles)? Maybe I can fix it somehow?

-DenZelik
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work! Flames like those are born of the Celtic magic chants.
They may or may not subsist in the same realm as smoke and stone.
Just pop in a few little sparks to your magic flame,
and..... Yowwza! Particles are pretty easy... check around if you need to.
PM
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2020 03:58 Edited at: 7th Mar 2021 04:58
Hello!
For a long time there was no news (however, as always ), there was a lot of work related both to the game and not to it.
So what was done:
1. Improved dialogue system.
2. Improved interfaces.
3. Improved trade.
4. Some objects have been redone and new textures created.
5. And all sorts of different things were done on trifles.

Well, also here are a few screenshots and a new gameplay video in which the player goes through a typical task with:

All the best, good luck in the development! ;3

Cryengine 5, GameGuru and UE4 - one love

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2020 16:49
Hey Denzelik! Interesting stuff added to your game I see you've done quite a bit of scripting

Quote: "3. Improved trade."

Care to elaborate? I am working on this myself and am interested to hear how others go about it.

-Wolf
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 06:38 Edited at: 25th Feb 2020 06:39
Quote: "Care to elaborate? I am working on this myself and am interested to hear how others go about it."

I have a fairly simple system in which you can sell and buy things, of course. The player can sell everything that he has in the inventory, and the merchant can sell those things whose indexes I set for him in the array in the script. Moreover, for balance purposes, the player sells the same thing cheaper, and buys more expensive. But the coefficients responsible for the price can be easily changed by completing a task, learning a skill, or initially choosing a lot of Charisma points. The more Charisma points you get, the more profitable the trade will be for us. Here is a video showing the trade.

-DenZelik
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 17:06
Wow! This is brilliant!!

Its way better than what I got. You even have a weight system to it. Hats off to you!
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 17:11
Thank you very much! It's very nice to hear that.
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2020 11:32
Some screenshots

lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2020 15:09
Nice project! the trade system is gorgeous!

Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi Night Elf / i7 7700k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram ddr4 / SSD 850Evo
Laptop : i5 3120m- 12gb ddr3 - Nvidia Gt 610 2gb - 256gb ssd
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good DenZelik !
PM
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2020 11:27 Edited at: 27th Sep 2020 11:45
Hi, everybody

There was no news for a long time, Yes, and with the same frequency, approximately, I will release it, because I do not know what such interesting things I can tell about my game. But this time I found something for the post))

Slightly redesigned the terrain, adding more hills and depressions, added details to all locations. I'm finishing up two sub-locations that you will visit.

1. Nekengrad - a small city of people who were ready to surrender to the Neuros and were sent to the reservation, where they created a city with their own architecture. Will it be possible to convince them to endure all the humiliations and raise an uprising?.......

2. Unknown and forgotten its name school of martial arts, where every day there are life-and-death battles. The only thing they remember is their hatred of magicians. In it, you can learn some of the mysteries of fighting with swords, axes and other weapons, as well as learn some movements that will help you survive.

I also redesigned the skills panel, and now you can immediately increase your health/mana/XP and learn different skills

Here's a look at all the significant changes I've made recently. Development is still underway, so don't lose it!

Good luck and success in development ;3

Attachments

osiem80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2020 12:44
morrowind style
PM
DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2020 19:08
Finally
The first part of the locations was completed.

DenZelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2021 04:59
A new demo with the gameplay "Neir: Uzurpation" with some changes to the locations and mechanics)
Cryengine 5, GameGuru and UE4 - one love

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:08:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:08:58