Third Party Tools / [SOLVED] GGLoader

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 11:27
Hi if i convert level looks like GGloader not convert custom scripts, and i what other limitations? Also maybe thare 3rd party tool for convert lua scripts to basic scripts for agk?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
VjColt
User Banned
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 11:30 Edited at: 28th Dec 2018 11:31
i just whant know what i need to do after i convert level in GGLoader if i have level with custom ai script, models, decals etc.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 12:15
GG Loader is only for converting maps ans entities over to AGK, it doesn't do any of the script work, the only scripts you will have are the basic default scripts that Preben has already converted, for custom scripts you will have to rewrite them yourself.

The creator of GG Loader comes on this forum quite a bit, his name here is Preben, he would be the best person to speak to about any issues you have with GG Loader.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos is correct. Some scripts do work as they have been replaced in AGK by Preben. These would only include default scripts and probably not that many of them, just the commonly used ones. GG loader is literally a way to load your GG map into AGK. Any scripts that do copy over are a mere bonus. It doesn't just convert your entire GG game to AGK so you can make it a mobile app
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi VjColt, yes you need to code any custom ai scripts yourself , there is some basic ai included you could base it on that. I never heard of any lua to agk converter , but as you need to learn some AGK coding to use it, converting your custom lua script would be a perfect way to learn AGK , and its not that different from lua so ...

Also if you get any problems converting your scripts just give me a email at plemsoft@plemsoft.com and i will see if im able to help you
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
VjColt
User Banned
Posted: 31st Dec 2018 14:39
Thanks Happy New Year btw
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
I got GGLoader this past weekend and loaded everything just like the directions said. When I run the game in AGK the terrain, the player and gun work, but none of the objects in my level show up. I get the same results when broadcasting to my mobil devices. I know there is alot of setting in the main.agc file. Is there one that needs to be set to load objects or am I doing something wrong with the way I convert the .fpm file.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Jokko,

First did you run fixpbr ? if not you need to run this to convert all .dbo objects to .x , its a simple .bat file so open it in notepad and change the path to where you have installed GameGuru , also notice if you have some custom objects you should also add the path to that folders.
It will batch convert everything so you just need to add the folders.

After that run the converter and it should work

If not then it might be a problem with you GUI settings , then please post screenshot of your setting here!

Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Preben for the quick response. I did run the fixpbr, so i tried it again and it says "files already exist use -o to overwrite" so I assume it worked the first time. I still have the same problem only the terrain is working. I am guessing the GUI you need to see is the GGLoader so attached is a screen shot of my settings. I saw a remark statement in the main.agc file that said something about DirectX 11 which is what I am running. Not sure if that make a difference. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Settings looks fine.

My guess is that you forgot the step where you copy the files to:
"c:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\"

You can do that , or use these two variables in main.agc instead:

Search for "//In "the big escape" try these settings." and in that section insert the above lines.

Let me know if it fix your problem
jreed
Years of Service
User Offline
this tools is good
PM
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Preben, after copying the files the objects now show up, but the textures are not loading. I'm working on getting them to load correctly. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. See Attached file for a screen shot. The colorful things are suppose to be rocks and plants.

Love the ggloader project, played with some of the VR setting and you did a very nice job. Looking forward to getting all of this working properly.

Thanks for all your time and help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
After a full reload, it works perfectly.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Jokko,

Great you got it working , the next update will make it way more easy to use, no conversion of media will be needed , just setup the path to gameguru and the level you like to work on , and everything will be done directly in the source code , so no more GUI/conversion of media needed.

Set the level you want and everything will just run.

So all the conversion of dds/dbo/fpm... is done directly in the source code and only for the media that you use in your level.

After the next GameGuru Loader update, i would be able to just add a button directly inside GameGuru, "Run/Test level in AGK" , but not sure if that would be needed, you can always just click run in AGK
Jokko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Preben for the Loader, the .agc files and all your hard work. I'm looking forward to the new update. You and all the developers over at "The Game Creators" rock. I'm in the process of building a VR Computer and planning to get the VR package for AGK. Being able to use Game Guru to create levels and then load them to AGK is a real plus.

Thanks again for all your help and hard work.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:28:48
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:28:48