Product Chat / [LOCKED] DirectX 11 initialization error.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not sure if this is the best place to discuss this or where would be but after finishing the build and attempting to run the exe from the Github repo I was getting an Error on a couple different computers stating failing to Initialize DirectX 11. At first I was thinking that it was just my computer however further investigation is suggesting that both of the systems indeed did have DirectX 11 capabillities. DXdiag is telling me my current drivers are DirectX 11 as well.

I found it questionable since GPUz was reporting non DX 11 but my computers manufacturer states my computer is DX 11 ready and my Driver is DX 11. I found the place in the code that produces the error,

But have not acclimated myself enough with the project to start making alterations.

Am I the only one ever experience such a thing? Having my system state I have DX 11, having the manufacturers stating its DX 11 yet it does not initialize? After I get some feedback here I plan on making some alterations until I can get it to work to see where my error lay. Just wanted some ideas before going in.
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Just start it from steam or install the directx from
SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Game Guru\_CommonRedist
Maybe you missing something or have a wrong version.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly what are your specs ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Tomik18
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2018 16:01
Try this. Install and restart PC https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=36805
My PC specs: AMD FX 4300 3,80 Ghz
R9 280 3GB
8 GB RAM
Sedit
Years of Service
User Offline
I am currently limited with my Internet Access so I can not type much. I made this Image consisting of some of my stats for this computer. DXDiag, GPUz and my System.

I am not around the other computer that was doing the same, I will get those stats soon as possible. GPUz states Direct X 10.0. DXDiag states DirectX 11. I had another program tell me DirectX 10.1. Needless to say, I don't know what to think however various test programs for bench marking DirectX 11 have run fine... Slow... but fine as in it initializes and runs.

Your suggestion about downloading Service Pack One is not a bad idea. I have SP 1 however I do not believe I am running SP 2 so perhaps I will try that and see what happens.

gotta run.....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 19:37 Edited at: 28th Dec 2018 19:37
Right. There are two aspects to DirectX, the first is the graphics card, the second is what is installed on windows.

You have directx installed on your windows, thats what its sayong and thats great. However, your graphics card does not support directx 11, so while you have the drivers for directx11 your graphics card isn't using them, therefore it wont rin gameguru which requires you to have a directx11 caomoatable card.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sedit
Right off the bat you need to put all the updates on Windows 7 … And then some.

Windows 7 need to be right up to date and then install this or it wont work.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Its not a case of being a good idea to install those files …. it simply wont work if you don't.
Then we come to your HD Graphics … They may not be up to the job so its best to update everything first then reassess the situation
PM
Sedit
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos, HP website, talking about my exact computer and Chipset states DirectX 11 ready. Also, Bench markers running DirectX 11 have no issues other than performance, not any initialization errors. That's is what really started having me concerned. The fact that other DirectX 11 benchmarkers were running and the project wasn't. I thought perhaps something was either missing from my project or something along those lines.

Its just hard to fully understand and make any definitive conclusions because I am getting such conflicting reports from a number of sources stating exactly what capability this computer can handle. My Desktop can run things like OpenCL and Direct Computer. If I am not mistaken that is straight up DirectX 11 stuff so if it supports that it almost surely supports DirectX 11 like it is saying it does.

I am going to definitly look more into it.

I just got a RockPro64 which Windows 10 variation can be installed on and that is DirectX 11 capable, it's just a matter of getting Windows on it and I would rather have Linux than Win10 so feeling a bit conflicted. If I do decide though I might consider converting everything over to run on this SBC. Its got 6 Cores to it and a decent GPU for those sort of systems so it might be worth it as long as such conversion is ok with Lee and others in charge of the project.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
GG uses and requires the very latest DX11 files that are not installed on Windows 7 … Hence needing all the latest updates.
This is why users who have upgraded to windows 10 from 7 have the same issues .. The upgrade does not install those files

A windows 10 default installation installs the very latest DX11 files ( that you are missing )
Its the catch 22 .. You cannot install the very latest DX11 files until Windows 7 has all the latest updates installed

PM
Sedit
Years of Service
User Offline
Syncromesh, what features of GameGuru are the ones that require the latest and greatest from DX 11?

I want to see if I can figure a work around because much of what I intent on working on is various bug fixes anyway and as long as I can get Initialization It should not be to much of problem given that I avoid working with anything that specifically requires those features.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2018 19:07 Edited at: 31st Dec 2018 19:07
Quote: "Syncromesh, what features of GameGuru are the ones that require the latest and greatest from DX 11? "

Its not features .. DX11 is updated via windows constantly and you don't have them all unless you update windows on a regular basis. Lee has updated his machine and has all the latest DX11 files and .dll,s so when he compiles GG it now uses newer files which your missing.
Your Windows cannot find the updated files hence it wont initialise ..

This is all assuming your Graphix card or GPU is DX11 compatible of course
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually your pic above says " Direct X support 10.0 "
So I think that's the main problem right there ..
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2018 19:53 Edited at: 31st Dec 2018 19:54
As previously stated your CPU does not support DirectX11 which is required for GameGuru to run, this is shown in GPUz.

Even if your GPU did have DirectX11 support you are using an integrated graphics card which is not supported. Also your CPU is far below the min specs for GameGuru so this would come under the category of not having the required hardware.

If you feel this is a bug please post in GitHub issues board this is not the place for bug reports or issues with GameGuru code. Locked.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:29:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:29:05