Scripts / [SOLVED] Ragdoll not working for Viral Outbreak Characters?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!
The title should actually be fairly self explainatory. Why aren't ragdoll physics working for the viral outbreak characters?
I changed ragdoll = 0 to ragdoll = 1 in the .fpe files but apparently this doesn't fix the issue.
Any ideas?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2018 21:05
This could be because they use the old biped system. These were converted by a generous user and not TGC.

They may have a death animation in them and can be checked by placing the character on the map and assigning the ai_viewanimations.lua
Script to them. Run test game and then walk up to the character and hold the shift key and press left or right mouse to run thru all the animations the character has. The frame numbers are shown bottom center of screen. You can then record the frames of the death animation when you find it and sub it in the FPE file for use.

Looking at the script for it, it would only need a small change to get the right animations in it.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Mongo Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I did that, but im not really sure how it is supposed to help. I found the death animations, but they're still - animations. Not physics. Or maybe I missed your point, could you elaborate once again?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2018 15:35
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Rag doll will not work on a bone system that the joints were not zeroed out first.

Since these characters were made for classic fpsc years ago when the rag doll physics was different. The new physics engine requires a bone system to be different.

But this also requires the characters to be Re rigged and Re animated.

Lots of work, and there may be permission required from original artist, or tgc them selves.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Mongo Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, gotya. I think its kind of weird since (if i remember correctly) these models where the first to implement actual ragdoll physics into the FPSC engine? They came with an upgrade for the engine, that enabled them to react to being killed in a physics based way. And now its these models that DONT support it in GG. But its quite a few years ago, and I might be mixing up something here. Anyway, thank you for explaining
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:25:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:25:08