Product Chat / New Here - Could use some help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Im new here, i would like to know how do i make in the game sites like A/B and that one team needs to plant the bomb and one team to defuse the bomb?

Thanks in advance.
Dor.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
If im reading this correctly you cant .. Are you talking Multiplayer here ?

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
doryaS
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, why you guys dont add the option to build games like cs / crossfire and such? it supposed to be an FPS engine and this is a big part of it.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2018 23:08
Creating good netcode is hard, especially for a maker type software like this.
Currently GG is 90% geared towards single player games. You can run multiplayer games with your friends. It does only support TDM and DM.
There is no support for custom scripts so you can not alter gameplay in any way at the time being. That means no bombs, no CTF ...so forth.

If you want to create a game for sale or for a wider audience that is MP, you have to keep in mind that your game has to be good enough to have a constant user base. Most free online fps games have a very short life span because of this. Then there is performance which has to be stellar for an online experience and that, in GG, is only given if you do extensive optimisation. Then there is the fact that GG does not support any kind of anti cheat system or admin support which means that you would have zero control over your game. All in all, if you really want to make a viable multiplayer game you should look for an engine that already has a solid architecture in that regard.

GG improves gradually in such genres as FPS, FPAdventure and to a lesser extend isometric and third person singleplayer games but multiplayer in any meaningful way is probaby still very far away from us, if it ever arrives at all.

-Wolf
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a pity that there isn't at least custom script support for multiplayer. If scripts worked for it, you could do some decent stuff, even given it's limitations. Having the option for multiplayer in your stand-alone exes for one. Until that is added, I think most peoples interest in it will be quite low. At the minute it's just an option for GG devs to play around with. As custom scripts do not work, I don't suppose there's much to do once you have played a few shoot-outs.

I'm all for some major advances on multi-player, but only when the main single player engine is pretty much flawless. Might be a wait still, but it's slowly getting better and is still my fave dev tool overall.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:29:54