Product Chat / road collision for vehicles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 04:20
I gave this thread a feature request because i think that is suitable for this thread.

A few month's ago AmenMoses created scripts which enabled us to drive on a bike.
Today i thought, let's create a circuit for the bike and AE's formula1 car, so i've created the monaco track for GG.
Before adding other stuff to the track i've tested it to see how it would work and found that collision is not working when driving the bike.
I can imagine that in games bridges are placed in order to cross a river, if that is with a vehicle, it would not work due to not having road collision i think.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 05:32
After watching a clip with Bod's truck driving on an entity and going up to the second floor of the parking garage, it is clear that collision should work so i've tried the truck and drove around the circuit.
The motorbike falls through the road as if there is no collision but the truck does not have this problem.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
The truck will be using raycasting to check for collisions - it's likely your bike is not using the correct positions for those rays or perhaps the roads aren't using the correct collision mode and so are being ignored or missed by the rays.

I would check the roads are using collision mode 1, seems the most likely issue.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2018 23:32
I'm using collision mode 1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 18:21:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 18:21:38