Scripts / buy a lot of land. it's possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Hello.
I have an idea for my developing game (memory of the hedolan), find the post in the current work section.
my idea is to put a zone in a map buys interacting with a npc.
this lot is bought through this npc and automatically a house appears, the player's house.
I wanted to know is feasible as an idea and above all is supported by gameguru via script?
I hope so because then I was going to update this lot, in the sense that initially to buy the lot you have to spend 500 coins and you'll see the house then later to enlarge this house you have to spend 1000 and so on.

Thanks for your help
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2018 05:40 Edited at: 16th Nov 2018 05:42
Yes this is totally possible

By using commands like Hide(e) and Show(e) on a house model. Just make sure the house model physics are off so it doesnt bounce around; since you will need to make it a dynamic entity. Maybe even make it immobile too.

Get's slightly more complex there after for upgrades. You'd just need to have a smaller house inside of a bigger house. And hide both of them. When you finally upgrade to a larger house you then hide or destroy the original small house.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2018 11:21
Or just have them off-map and swap them by moving them onto the map or off the map as needed. With a modular style of building you could even expand the building in stages simply by having the whole thing constructed in place and hide everything except the first 'module', then to expand you would hide the connecting walls and show the extension parts as required.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Easily possible Both methods above are useful and are easily achievable with a bit of lua coding. You could also use the spawn at start feature in GG's editor and the spawn command.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
OPENLOAD
Years of Service
User Offline
I thank you so much for the many answers

Now I'm working together with a friend of mine at the bar below the weapons
9 visible slots with icons for each weapon.
obviously the id of the weapon is different for each pc so we are washing to simplify this process and make it universal for all PCs
PM
OPENLOAD
Years of Service
User Offline

I attach an image to show you how it is proceeding.
we will try to create all the png icons of each weapon.
we will try to simplify above all the customization of the icon that contains the weapon.
but for now we are working for compatibility for all PCs
PM
OPENLOAD
Years of Service
User Offline

here is the bar

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2018 21:46
Although the weapons id will change, the names are the same. And in a stand alone they will be consistent for everyone using the same standalone.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
OPENLOAD
Years of Service
User Offline

in fact, we finished the script and used the names of the weapons.
it works all right.
Now we are just trying to simplify everything to make the script accessible and editable for everyone.
I do not know if this thing has already been done, but if you can find the script here useful at the end of everything.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:58:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:58:56