Easy Building Editor / [SOLVED] Missing Media Error Message

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 17:37
Hello Fellow GG Builders,

I spent half a day constructing a multi-level building using the EBE editor. Then I saved it as usual and shut off my computer for the night. The next day I tried loading the map and received this error message: "a log file listing missing level media has been saved to your map bank folder". An empty map appears with no structure. There is a new entity icon on the left side of the editor window that says: "missing".

Here is the log file report located in the MapBank folder: MISSING MEDIA: levelbank\testmap\ebe1.fpe=replacelevelbank\testmap\ebe1.fpe

Has anyone experienced this problem before? My EBE map is unusable at the moment unless I can figure out the above error. Any suggestions?

Regards, David

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 20:08
I haven't run into that specifically, but it is not at all uncommon for files to go missing when saving to standalone. I will try saving one a little later and see what happens!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Did you save the model itself as well or just the map ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
dvdntn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2018 17:56
Hi Synchromesh,

I didn't save my model as an ebe entity, just the map only. My mistake and part of the learning curve. All my models are being saved within the editor from now on, in case the map fails to load. I have a few other practice maps with ebe buildings and they load into GG with no issues. Just the one map mentioned above failed to reload.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2018 11:13 Edited at: 9th Nov 2018 11:23
Quote: "I didn't save my model as an ebe entity, just the map only. My mistake and part of the learning curve."

To be fair I have loaded old tests where I haven't saved the model and it still loads .. But for more serious work I always save the model itself ( just in case ) you can also convert to a standalone model later by removing the .ebe file and storing it somewhere.
Also of course edit it at a later date by putting the .ebe file back.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 05:38:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 05:38:29