Scripts / Wondering if its possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering does this engine have the potential to make a game similar to the game called "Granny" on the smartphone? As in sounds are heard by the main enemy and they run to your location when you drop an item or knock something over? Also is it possible to have spots to hide with animations? I am very new to this and really want to learn. I am not asking for a tutorial because I know this isn't the forum to learn from but I am asking is it possible?
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Oct 2018 22:10
@islandcam, im sure it would be possible.
As soon as the more noligible users read this post i'm sure they will advice you.
They usually do.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
that is one ugly granny
i don't see the logic side of it being difficult - update the "known" location of the player if an object moves (i.e. bumped into or dropped) is easy enough by simply checking it's current position compared to it's position last frame (or a certain time ago to detect larger movement = more noise perhaps), if it's changed you know the object's moved.
the same logic works for dropping objects as it'll move in the Y direction.
you already have pathfinding in GG so then you simply tell granny to go to that location using the AI commands and it'll do it's best to navigate there.

of course you will want to add some other simple checks such as if the granny can "see" the player (can be done with raycasting) for when it is near the player.

as for hiding via animations... well the animations are done outside GG but you can rely on the raycasting and obstacles to hide you or give specific hiding spots a toggle variable in code to restrict the granny from seeing you if you're in such areas - or a combination of the 2.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:22:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:22:03