Product Chat / What Is the Theme of Your Game?

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2018 22:03 Edited at: 1st Oct 2018 22:06
Hey all, I posted a thread some time ago that accidentally got deleted the by forum moderator(s). So I didnt really get to read everyone's responses to it unfortunately. So I decided to re-ignite the topic in a different manner. I'm very curious as to what the themes are of everyone's game projects or dream game projects?

Modern?
World War 2?
Western?
Fantasy?
Horror?
Science Fiction?
Puzzles?
Something else?

Let us know the theme and explain a bit more about what your game may be about. I think this would be helpful for musicians, scripters, 3d modelers and etc to help support you in your projects.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2018 23:10
Sci-Fi mystery survival - AI that are AI (like drones ect) rather than people or mosters etc.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
A western is something I always used to fancy, but horses add some difficulty
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Well you know mine its kind of a puzzle simulation,
Testing a new VR security System and trying to beat it but it later things start to go wrong. I dont want to give to much away
You have already done some awesome sound tracks for me and with Amen Moses incredible scripts i owe any success to community help.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Sci fi meets Ancient Egypt. A long story short. )D
Jim C
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2018 08:40
Serious Sam remake? GG should be good at that!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2018 09:19 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2018 09:21
A DOOM styled game... monsters, zombies and crazy architecture. I love „Bauhaus“ architecture

...yes Serious Sam.... I think you could create a great Sam game.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
"incomplete" - at least based on the number of projects I've started and abandoned it seems to be my most common theme :p
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2018 01:06
Cyberpunk/Gothic/Scifi Adventure with a lot of horror and mystery elements on the periphery.
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2018 08:53
I'm gonna go with a post apocalyptic setting WICH WASNT EVEN MENTIONED I cant bevlieve you T!
Since your a wastelander as well!

What it needs:

- Rather huge maps with different locations.
- A dialuge system
- Inventory
- Working AI
- A trading system would be something really new and cool..
- dynamic weather
- day/night cycle
- maybe vehicles ?

but this is too much for a 1 man developer so I scratched that idea some time ago.
Better just do A call of duty like corridor shooter
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2018 17:26 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2018 17:26
My current game, Extraction Point, is a story-driven modern day shooter set in a fictitious war-torn middle Eastern country. Sadly, the recent developments to the engine have borked several levels of the game I was working on, so until they are fixed, Extraction Point is currently just a one-level beta. I'll be releasing this an a standalone very soon.

In recent months, I've also been toying around making PBR assets themed around the London Underground so I'm quite keen to do a F.E.A.R. style horror FPS set in a trashed underground station, just a little one or two level thing with lots of atmosphere. But I haven't started that yet.

There's a part of me that's always wanted to do a game set in Ancient Rome for some reason, but that would involve almost 100% custom media I fear.

And lastly, earlier this year, I was toying around with making a Formula 1-style hotlaps type level set in Monaco largely because of AmenMoses' excellent vehicle script. But I never finished it, and never got a lap timer script working. Maybe one day...

AE
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 3rd Oct 2018 20:52
Steampunk theme - not hardcore - also has magic and fantasy overtones. Action and adventure in third and first person - auto switches to first for melee and shooter action and for exotic game play (such as airships, horse riding, submarines, trains etc) where I don’t have the time to create the animations. Includes endless sky and ocean hub level with side quests and action bubble aerial platforms. Bespoke quest and inventory system that informs and can drive player progression. Ditched terrain except for one satellite level quest that is optional as sucks too many FPS. Also includes a procedural built warehouse level (changes every play - consistent with game universe lore). Bespoke shaders and post processing to complement steampunk vibe. Bespoke AI for mechs and aerial combat. Day night system including moving sun and shadows - ties into some gameplay. Can play as male or female character.

TODO - sound fx, music, dialogue, testing, tuning, replace placeholder art and assets.

Probably another 5 years to go

Cheers.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 04:09
Quote: "Sci fi meets Ancient Egypt. A long story short. )D
"

Kind of like Stargate?
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Teabone, kind of. I been trying to sub models that I don't have. So the story get's changed from time to time. Lol i think it's laughable?!?
Jim C
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I been trying to sub models that I don't have. So the story get's changed from time to time. Lol i think it's laughable?!?"

I find I try to make my games based on media I have, so not really Oh the luxury of having no restrictions At least media wise.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I find I try to make my games based on media I have"

I thought I had enough Egyptian stuff. Until I progressed more into the story. And to me it's just little things like a pyramid, statues and your regular every day ancient Egyptians etc. I cannot understand blender enough to make my own media. I did a free hand hover tank once. I went back to blender the next day, and forgot everything. Lol
Jim C
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2018 20:08
Quote: " I went back to blender the next day, and forgot everything. Lol "

lol this was me several years ago. I was doing some stellar work in Blender... then stopped using it for years. Went back and got completely lost in the UI again. So for now I just stick with 3DSMAX though blender was certainly better for sculpting.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2018 18:38
Great work and use of the modern warfare styled assets, Avenging Eagle. Probably the best I've seen to date with those assets.

As for myself personally, I've just been poking around with survival horror concepts.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2018 18:51
Impish insanity
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:54:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:54:13