Scripts / I've been having an overlap issue for weeks any help would be appreciated

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2018 11:28 Edited at: 1st Oct 2018 07:44
Hey well to get down to it basically I am working on a game using the respawn and zombie waypoint scripts from smallg(thanks for those scripts they are very helpful to a noob like myself) and I have noticed that respawned zombies are overlapped by environment objects. The only thing that has worked so far is changing the specular value on the zombies but it then creates another problem which is that the respawned zombies are now walking backwards. This issue is really starting to get to me >_< any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Moved to the scripts
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Gunmare
Years of Service
User Offline
The Issue is still persisting, I will post a screenshot as to better show the issue I am having.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I would say it's a bug. Something to do with the shaders not being reset when the object is re-spawned possibly. Does it still do it if you lower the entity shaders to lowest? What about setting the pbr flag in the setup file? If it works fine with lowest then it's definitely a shader related issue. If it works when you set pbroveride so DNS textures are used it is probably an issue with PBR.

Re-spawning NPC's has always been a bit hit and miss with behaviour as well. Pretty sure I had this working in a script I wrote a year or two ago, but I remember having some weird issues to fix while working on it; generally a variable that wasn't getting reset properly. I didn't use the zombies though, I was getting the fantasy NPC's re-spawning. The scripts do differ between several NPC sets, but the zombies and fantasy are fairly similar in how they work.

Quote: "The only thing that has worked so far is changing the specular value on the zombies but it then creates another problem which is that the respawned zombies are now walking backwards"

I doubt the specular value is affecting NPC behaviour. It's much more likely a flag/variable is set and it is stuck in a loop of some kind.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Gunmare
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 06:24 Edited at: 10th Oct 2018 13:33
[quote=I would say it's a bug. Something to do with the shaders not being reset when the object is re-spawned possibly. Does it still do it if you lower the entity shaders to lowest? What about setting the pbr flag in the setup file? If it works fine with lowest then it's definitely a shader related issue. If it works when you set pbroveride so DNS textures are used it is probably an issue with PBR.

Re-spawning NPC's has always been a bit hit and miss with behaviour as well. Pretty sure I had this working in a script I wrote a year or two ago, but I remember having some weird issues to fix while working on it; generally a variable that wasn't getting reset properly. I didn't use the zombies though, I was getting the fantasy NPC's re-spawning. The scripts do differ between several NPC sets, but the zombies and fantasy are fairly similar in how they work.]

Thanks for your response, but the issue still persists when I turn the shaders to lowest and with the PBR I'm not sure I did it correctly but when I did change the value from 1 to 0 the issue still happens.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay so you have eliminated the obvious possible causes. Is it a depth of field or motion blur thing? Perhaps SAO? Try setting those to 0. Is the building in the backdrop default? If so and you can post a test map, we can try it out and see if it happens on our systems. It's certainly an odd looking glitch.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
yep, Spawn command was broken in the last build and not related to a script issue.
looks like it's fixed in the public preview though so you can try that if you're willing to take the chance on it breaking other stuff
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Gunmare
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay I've tried all the suggestions(including using the public preview), and still no luck with this issue but one thing I will note is that it does seem to be something wrong with the respawn model, cuz after it respawns and I exit the game the model looks weird in the editor.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:49:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:49:50