3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [LOCKED] House disappears when approaching or entering

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2018 09:26
Hello GameGuru community,

I use the apartment house from Bod and needed from this apartment house even a narrower version and a version without intermediate walls. Because unfortunately Bod had no time, so I hired a professional 3D designer. This 3D designer did this job well too. But unfortunately I have a problem now. When I enter the building in the editor preview or approach the character, the building disappears and is no longer visible. This happens, but only if several buildings are placed on a map. Alone, the building is normally accessible. Because we want to build a complete city with walk-in houses, it is imperative that the house remains visible on a map with various houses.

I hope someone can help me/us with this problem.

Greeting Andy

PS: I have already posted this in the category German in German, but unfortunately have received no answer.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Sep 2018 10:26 Edited at: 10th Sep 2018 10:26
Sounds to me like they have created the house with a single plane for the wall thinking that both sides would render. GameGuru only renders one side of each plane, to have a wall you can see from both sides you need to have two planes back to back with a space between.

However i can't tell you for sure without seeing the actual model.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
AGXLgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 06:42
Help is no longer necessary. Lafette II has already helped me.
AGXLgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 19:46
Public letters @Bod

What is your problem? You know, you do not do it because you have no time and no desire, but then complain if someone else does. If you're looking for money, I'd like to buy an extended license or something from you that I'm allowed to edit.

Then I have to delete all modified models? YES or NO?

I have put on each floor a different wallpapers, floorings and colors to make it more individual. I had sat on it for over 80 hours. Thank you for ruining everything!

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER have sold the models and declared them my own. You would have even been mentioned in the credits.

And I give you some advice for life, do not exclude another person from a person who once cheated on you!

What annoys me the most, I bought in the TGC store for over 200 €, "for nothing"!

I thought that would be a community where developers support, but apparently not! Pity!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 20:41
@AGXLgames. thank you for your unprofessionalism now look what have you done.!!!!!!!!!!. do you have any idea, i ques not..? !!
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 01:20 Edited at: 17th Sep 2018 01:34
Its pretty clear cut …
You cannot modify someone' s assets free or not without specific permission from the creator.
Would it really have been so hard to ask first ?

Its clearly stated in Bods licence and even if there wasn't one assume you cant without asking.
It was even included in the first post of the thread .

All the models in this thread were created by me (Robert Hindle), they are free to use in GameGuru games only, you don't have to give me credit although it would be nice. DO NOT alter them, DO NOT upload them to any other site for download and DO NOT claim them as your own models.

You cant get much clearer than " DO NOT alter them "
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
tdreisinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 02:52
This really angers me! Bod is one of the most generous modelers on here.

@AGXLgames ... You had better believe that I will neither support any of your projects nor help you with anything. I would expect the same from my friends. You owe Bod a huge apology!
Timothy D. Reisinger
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 15:06
Let's also not forget this isn't Bod's first negative experience with people taking his models and doing something against the license with them notably I recall a person actually trying to sell his on a 3rd party site at one point.

It's remarkably selfish to willfully violate a license for a creator's product then hurl insults at the creator for daring to call you out on it.
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 15:30 Edited at: 17th Sep 2018 15:38
Oh No the best resource for free models now gone RIP, whilst I am gutted you have deleted your thread @Bod I completely understand why you did it.

I really hope in time you will re consider maybe we need some clear rules/licensing sorted to protect everyone whom devotes time and assets freely, you had a disclaimer and so do I but they are on the very first page of many, maybe we could ask Jason if we could have a Disclaimer of our choice added to every page we upload models/texture too automatically, we have auto footers(signature) so we should be able to have an auto header.
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 17:14
Thank you Bod I/we appreciate your generosity I am sorry this happened to you
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
AGXLgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 17:59
I APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE HERE AND I HOPE YOU ACCEPT THE APOLOGY. I AM SORRY!

I have now deleted the entire entitybank with 5390 models. The reason for this was that I not only modified the models of Bod but also the models I bought in the TGC store.

Because my Steam account was suspended yesterday, I will manually uninstall GameGuru from my computer.

"Despite the apology, I will not get help in this forum."

Because this account will definitely be banned soon, I'll say goodbye now.

Thanks again for the help in the past.

PS: If someone wants to file a criminal complaint, he can write me a PN, I will send him my personal data. Just for information: copyright infringement will be punished in Germany with a fine not less than 5000 € or imprisonment up to 5 years.
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
It has occurred in my view, a great misunderstanding. Actually, I just wanted to help. I blame myself because I did not read the license terms in time. Since I have not downloaded any objects from Bod, I knew nothing about it. It has never been my intention to undermine the conditions. I'm really sorry for this and I apologize again for it. It would be a pity if such a talented modeler leaves the community.

Lafette
PM
AGXLgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 18:46
Yesterday at the conference we decided to leave GameGuru. GameGuru is a great tool, but not in these conditions.

We (7 person) want to take care of our actual job again, the programming and designing of websites.

@Lafette II is not to blame, the fault is 100% with us.

I have one more request, so that no one else happens, I ask an @admin to delete the following statement from the FAQ of the TGC store:

Quote: "Can I modify items I purchase and still use in my commercial game?
Your licence allows you to modify any part of any item purchased on the store. This means you can edit items as much as you wish and still use them royalty free.

You cannot resell or share any product, even if you have modified the product."

Thank you!

Julia
Project Manager of the AGXLgames Ltd.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 21:01
Quote: "I have one more request, so that no one else happens, I ask an @admin to delete the following statement from the FAQ of the TGC store: "

Quote: "Can I modify items I purchase and still use in my commercial game?
Your licence allows you to modify any part of any item purchased on the store. This means you can edit items as much as you wish and still use them royalty free.

You cannot resell or share any product, even if you have modified the product."

This only applies to models distributed by the Store. If the models in question were not distributed by the Store; than that FAQ section has no bearing on the issue at hand.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 21:18
Quote: "Because we want to build a complete city with walk-in houses, it is imperative that the house remains visible on a map with various houses."

Also note that the way the engine is optimised this might have to be broken up into several levels. If you work on a commercial title, this approach is not recommendable.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yesterday at the conference we decided to leave GameGuru."

So " AGXL Development " is a company then ..
That being the case you should know better anyway .
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 13:59 Edited at: 18th Sep 2018 14:18
@Bod
Is there any official reason why I can not alter you models for my personal use?
Why can I not use your models in the GameGuru engine, just in Game Guru games or projects?
What are Game Guru games or projects(GG does not support projects)?
Do I need to send a prove that I created the game in GG?
Is a modified GG Engine which created the game also allowed to use your models?
What counts as modification? The Engine itself modifies your models(from x to dbo, occulusion, and so on), so do GG users use your models illegal?
Can I use them for debugging the GG engine in my local repository(local means only on my HDD)?

Sorry for the maybe stupid questions, but I am a bit afraid now

I did not use your models at all, I just want to be save if I want to.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 17:22 Edited at: 18th Sep 2018 17:23
Bod, please don't stop making models for the community, they are an invaluable asset, we all love you for your amazing work. What i would recommend is if you want to be more sure they are not altered then import them into gameguru and post the .dbo instead of the .x, they can still be edited but only in very few modelling programs, that way it will be harder for someone to alter them.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 19:07
It’s a shame Bod ,but I no what you mean it can be disheartening sometimes.some people don’t think before they post,hopefully you will come back to it later.i always enjoy looking at your models

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 19:12
Ok, have been watching this thread for a while.

I think the real point is the lack of respect for the artist wishes for use of their media.

Some give with no restrictions.
Some give for credit only.
Some give for the game guru community only.
Some give and don't want there stuff modified.
Which ever the case may be, the artist has chosen what they would like done with there free models.

It is then up to use to decide if you want to abide by the terms of use.

If so, then fine.
If you are not willing to abide by the terms the artist has set forth, then you should not even download or consider it for use in any situation.

Artists can be contacted to see if they are available for your requests thru the pm system.

If an artist does not have time or is not willing to forfill your request, then you should look for another artist, that may be available. But not modify someone elses work without expressed permission. Also request that custom media is made for you. We love to make stuff, that is why we do it.

Any skills in this engine that it takes to model, rig, animate, texture, code, produce music, Sound fx, takes someone's time to do it. There time should be appreciated, as well as their generousity, without grief to them what so ever.

It is a shame that we will lose another artist over the lack of respect.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 21:47 Edited at: 18th Sep 2018 21:59
Quote: "Corno_1's post was clearly aimed at stirring it all up again, he doesn't even use my models but decided to still make a provocative post and that is a problem. "

Like I said, I want to use them with some GG modifications which need to modify your model to improve performance! If this is not allowed, ok, but you can not blame me here for trying to respect your licence. If you see a provocation in it, I apologize. Maybe it was a bad timing, but I just want to be save in what I am doing, so I asked. You can dump my questions down to: "Is the GG engine allowed to modify your models?" Yes or No? The answer was no and I am fine with that.
Quote: "What i would recommend is if you want to be more sure they are not altered then import them into gameguru and post the .dbo instead of the .x, they can still be edited but only in very few modelling programs, that way it will be harder for someone to alter them."

Quote: "the engine making them into .dbo is a pedantic comment"

It is not. A lot of engines modify the models to improve performance. The example with dbo was maybe strange, but I also wrote occlusion as an example. Also saving them in dbo would not prevent a automatic process in the engine.

I tried to write as friendly and positively as possible, but I am no native speaker, so I can understand if I wrote something which leads to a situation where I can be seen as respect less. I did not intend to provoke anyone!

That this situation escalated was nowhere near what I wanted. I am sorry
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 22:41
i don't know about the rest of the GG users, but i think more than 95 % of all my models i am using in all my maps are coming from the awesome models of bod.
if it was not for bod, i did not think i would have made so many maps for my game up to this point in time. so for me it is going to be a very hard blow , maybe even an knock out blow like in boxing. lol , he's timing and models that he has made in the past has always been released by him just at the right time when i was wondering what i was going to do next in my story line,

So from my side thank you bod.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Sep 2018 22:49
Ps ( i can still deliver a nice solid knockout punch , wish i could knock the sock off from every one who has had an input in his decision to stop making models ) lol.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2018 00:44 Edited at: 19th Sep 2018 02:03
Heres the best way to end this confusion … Its just getting stupid now with daft comments.

@Bod … If I contacted and " asked you "
Can I please re -texture your jeep to fit in with my game and still give you credit would you say Yes or No ?

If Yes then you all know that's what you need to do for any alterations to anyone's free models
If its No … then you need to look elsewhere … I really don't see the problem
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " in fact one of them was the jeep and all they had done was add a white star to the bonnet/hood"

LOL total coincidence to my post honest

There you have it though …
Don't see any reason to keep this one open as there isn't anything else really do discuss ..
Thanks for the response Bod
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:10:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:10:50