Product Chat / Character Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Sep 2018 12:41 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2018 12:43
i know we have talk about this before, but is is so important to me. Please

I know a lot of work has already gone in to the importer and is still going on, to make it easier so that we can import more and better models and specific Characters in to GameGuru.
But at the end of the day , correct me if i am wrong , it would still not be just as easy as downloading a Character form the net and import it into GG with out running it thru a couple of other software before you can use it in Gamguru. if so in the future then i will be happy.
If not, then i want to ask. Please can we look at upgrading the existing Character creator so that we can modify and make a little bit more of a different variety of Characters , like long , tall, fat , ugly , or maybe some face expressions that can be changed. if there is work being done at this time to get these abilities, then i say thank you.
If not, Please can we look in to it to have these abilities for the people like me who do not have all these skills / abilities and talents to easily download an import different kinds of Characters in to GG.

Thank you.
Pcs
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Personally I agree
I would love to see the Character Creator expanded, enhanced.
Although I think for what we really want it would need redoing from scratch ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
I been saying this ever since I started using g.g. Character creator is one of the features that turned me on to this software. But lacks faces. clothes etc. You get my drift. Did I read some where on the forum that some sort of kit was to be released? For adding our own clothes and stuff? I could be wrong. I have the same problem's that PCS does in trying to get characters into g.g. and I'm sure others have also. I'm busting my chops in trying to make a decent game. But, I lack characters. For instance. my project consists of Egyptian Characters. Now if I had some Egyptian clothing and so on. That would be a major leap forward for me. Anyway. asset's alone are hard to come by. Especially if you don't have a clue on how to make your own with complicated software such as blender and so on. I visit the store often looking to find the things I need for my project. That's hit and miss most of the time for me. How ever, I do buy a lot of things from their such as scripts etc. I must say, Character creator should not be ignored! Just my two cents!
Jim C
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2018 11:27 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2018 11:28
Quote: "But lacks faces."

Cant quite agree there as you can put a million faces on including your own
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2018 15:42
A character editor like the one from „black desert“ lol... that would be more than awesome....
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
:Cant quite agree there as you can put a million faces on including your own: The only problem with that is you cannot line them up correctly. And the markers show up on the face. But, it's still pretty cool. I got a lot of laugh's from using that feature! If it was just a head shape with out the in bedded markers it would be great!
Jim C
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 02:18 Edited at: 4th Sep 2018 02:22
You could probably do a better job putting your face on the texture itself .I did it before we had the creator when I had a plan for a planet of the apes

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2018 12:01
Impressive work
But yes, an update for the character creator would be nice.... no?
PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
synchromesh, That looks awesome! I like the older P.o.t.a way better than the newer movies. Mainly because I grew up watching them.
Jim C
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2018 03:50
That looks great! I too am partial to the originals, even though I have them all. Love the apes!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
That looks really cool Synchromesh I like all the Apes films, even the original remake, although I prefer the originals, the first being the best the last being questionable, but decent in it's own way.

A second look at the CC would defo be worth a look sometime in the future. Variety and themed characters are defo a problem for most of us.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Its the originals for me as well … New is ok but to ape-ish for me ..
The old looked more evolved yet still moved in an ape way and real actors made the difference compared to CGI
Basically they got the recipe right and the Makeup was excellent
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2018 01:41
I ran some tests on the character creator yesterday and today, and, to be honest, it doesn`t need a lot of overhauls, just some tweaks and minor features + more assets (body parts).

A real color assignment on hair and beards, the option to make people fatter and double / triple the body parts to work with, and it`s good enough for all humanoids. The huge benefit of being able to use the outcome without any additional tool or work necessary outweighs the lack of more refined features easily.
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2018 04:03
Ive been trying to use it and it makes the Head and body tint 2 different colors no matter what I do. The Body is very bright .
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2018 05:51
yeah the color adjustment is one of the tweaks needed.
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2019 06:08 Edited at: 5th Feb 2019 06:09
Example of how the body is too bright using character creator .Has there been a fix for this yet ? In this state the character creator cant be used .

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2019 11:10
the soldier of light he he he
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2019 06:48 Edited at: 6th Feb 2019 06:48
I'm glad this topic came up. I started recently making my own attachments and skins. Lot of fun. Would be nice if Lee could come back and teak the character creator some more. Its honestly not that bad. Has a lot of potential.

I really wish we could let go of the need to copy what is current in AAA... its like we are forgetting the fact that this is a 32 bit engine.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2019 22:24
Teabone, when you make your own attachments and skins , does it then look normal ? If so , could you pm me the file locations for them, I can skin them if so .
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2019 03:19
Its all in the characterkit folder. The CCI files can be edited in notepad or notepad++
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
10/10 thumbs up for suggestion to upgrade CC. I see very high potential. Just need some artists interested.

I had same issues as =VX=Doggy. Florescent bulb clothes!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:25:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:25:48