Off Topic / [SOLVED] Hello! Old Skool Developer / Made Froggy Shoot Out in 2006 / thinking about making new games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2018 11:42
Hola,

I am looking to return after a long absence from game making. It's been a very very long time and times have changed. I am thinking of developing a new custom game and try my hand at selling on steam. I have purchased Game Guru quite some time ago but really didn't give it a shot. So am downloading it on steam, where I purchased it, right now. I have no idea if I ever was a gold pledger or not, do I need to be one to sell games on Steam. I saw at least one person had a game on Steam from here. I really know nothing about selling from Steam. How feasible is it with Game Guru to get it up and running on there? I need to do some research but any info anyone throw me to get started would be awesome. Thanks.
FROGS!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
no such thing as pledgers anymore, that was just for the old kick starter / backing system TGC used before they released to steam, all users are the same and have the same rights now.
So yes you can release to steam and need no special rights or even mention GG at all - you still need to own or have rights to all media of course.
Releasing on steam requires you to sign a contract with them (steam) and pay $100 upfront, the full terms and process is explained in detail when you attempt to do so.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2018 23:53
Hey Dennis! It would be nice to see what original games you could come up with, using GG. Long time no see.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:21:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:21:07