Product Chat / Enhanced Weapons Pack Released

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 17:16
We are super excited to be able to announce the release of the Enhanced Weapons Pack by ErrantAI. You can find more details about this amazing DLC here: https://www.game-guru.com/dlc/enhanced-weapons-pack

The GameGuru Enhanced Weapon Pack Includes:

AR15 - Well rounded, this semi-automatic rifle is outfitted with a red-dot and magnifier optics. Good accuracy, short-medium range optics, low light capability, and 30+1 rounds of 5.56x45mm onboard, the AR15 makes for an ideal patrol carbine or light-duty marksman rifle.

AKM - A select-fire assault rifle ubiquitous to low-intensity conflict across the globe. While this old warhorse has seen better days and lacks the appurtenances of more modern weapons, it makes up for it in firepower with 30+1 rounds of 7.62x39mm and a relatively easily tamed rate of fire.

B810 - This quick-deploying lock-blade may be small but is capable of a furious barrage of attacks. It can be held with the blade forward or reversed for a minor exchange of range for power.

Chainsaw - They don't make 'em anymore like this vintage "muscle saw". This beast is cumbersome, noisy, and guzzles fuel but once it gets going it gets the job done! Ears bleeding? Use the motor kill switch.

M29S - Don't let the diminutive size fool you, this snub-nosed .44 magnum revolver packs a serious punch. While slow to reload and limited in capacity, this six-shooter is flawlessly reliable and can be operated in either double-action or manual single-action modes for a modest exchange of speed for accuracy.

M67 - Primarily intended as a defensive weapon to deter pursuit, there's no rule that says you can't use this fragmenting hand grenade to get the party started!

Mk18 - This 5.56x45mm, commando-length "sub-carbine" boasts assault rifle firepower in a submachinegun sized package. Fast handling, fully-automatic, and topped with an illuminated red-dot optic, this weapon is ideally suited to close-quarters combat. A blistering rate of fire sends a lot of lead downrange but it can be difficult to control. To those ends, it is capable of semi-automatic fire for precision work and engaging targets at longer distances.

Mk19T - This iconic, two-tone beauty is as much of a status symbol as it is a sidearm. This pistol holds 8+1 rounds of commonly available .44 magnum ammunition and is equipped with a luminous front sight for improved aiming in all lighting conditions.

R870 - This short-barreled, pump-action, tube-fed shotgun features numerous tactical modifications including an illuminated optic for fast target acquisition. While limited in capacity to 5+1 rounds, it fires full power loads of 9-pellet, 12 gauge ammunition. The weapon's heavy recoil is best mitigated when shouldered. As such, this weapon is capable of a much brisker cadence of fire while aimed.

SledgeHammer - As simple as can be, this weapon consists of a 16lb. forged steel block mated to a shock-resistant fiberglass handle. This slow-swinging tool excels at breaking down physical barriers and for users with judicious timing, it makes a formidable melee weapon as well.

Gloves_Unarmed - For situations when your player character is unarmed. Uses the same hands as all of the other weapons in this pack. Additionally, designers can choose between four included texture sets which can also be easily applied to the other weapons to help customize their games.

More information can be found from the TGC product page and also from the Steam product page.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 17:23 Edited at: 26th Jul 2018 17:30

If anyone has any questions or whatever about the pack, I can answer them here so they don't have to sift through my thread on the media board.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I need it. Period.
PM
korodai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 20:45
I bought it today. It's amazing but I wish the hands didn't have gloves, so they'd match the melee weapons pack that was released.
PM
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 20:58
Quote: "I bought it today. It's amazing but I wish the hands didn't have gloves, so they'd match the melee weapons pack that was released."

The gloves are the ONLY thing making me wait on buying it. In love, otherwise.
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 22:53
It seems that EAI said that there is (or will be) switchable hands. Just need to be explained how to do that. I have an idea but haven't checked it out yet. If one cannot use somebody else's hand models then it won't work. :SMILE:
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 23:59
The user swappable-ness(??) Is for maps only and not meshes. So, there will always be gloves of some sort.

There are seven additional melee weapons that I have meshes updated for GameGuru but need PBR updates and anim tweaks. Most of those, along with a couple additional guns which use these arms will be coming to the store over the next couple weeks.

This pick is essentially the start of a series in which I will continue to add weapon types of different types and genres to over the next year or so. So, If there are additional weapons which you would like to see and are OK with them being on gloved hands, feel free to let me know. Now, I don't always act on requests but I do listen to them. For those not familiar with my work, you can have a look at weapons I did for GG's predecessor.

As a last note here; In my opinion, the GameGuru support for melee combat is still in its infancy. Currently, all you can really do is whack on things and it's not super exciting after a while. This is the main reason I didn't front-load melee weapons which I could have probably released a year or more ago. Ideally I'd like to be able to hold out for better melee combat mechanics such as defensive blocking/counter attack or even asymmetric dual wield but I have no idea when or if those types of features will ever come to GameGuru. However, if there is enough call for it, I will go ahead and make them available.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 08:31
I want to cut the zombies in pieces with the chainsaw ...
Time for a new zombie pack ...
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 08:42
You can do that with lua, i think smallg had a script in hus post to do that.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 08:44
To however needs to know, the weapons pack isnt listed under gameguru in the store, you have to search for it.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
danieleman
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought this pack yesterday, I didnt use Gameguru for several years. I come back and I saw alot of good content then before. This pack is really amazed me! nuf said
Love 3D Arts and coffee
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Time for a new zombie pack ...
"

Well said.
PM
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 14:07 Edited at: 27th Jul 2018 14:10
I would be interested to see the fantasy pack for GameGuru
https://eaimedia.com/2016/05/04/gcsfantasy/
In general I would prefer to see anything none present day warfare related. Fantasy, Medieval, Sci-FI

Regarding the enhanced weapon pack, it a beautiful piece of pack, but it is not interesting to me unfortunately.
Regarding gloves, hands always problem. Can be painful when you want to use two weapons in a game but the hands don't match.
In general, I would prefer hands with no gloves because it is easier to accept a Knight, a Terminator or British super soldier with no gloves than a cave man in a military glove. What a cave man would do with chain saw? Just use your imagination
I would even prefer if there would be no hands at all. I mean it is not realistic sure, but if I need to choose the player see no hands or see a muscular, male solder hands even though the character in my game is a little girl, I would go with no hands instead.
What a little girl would do with a crowbar? It a very sad story really but no zombies involved I can say that much...

The bottom line is, those military gloves can brake immersion more than no gloves or no hands in any scenario.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 15:02
You could edit the textures for the hand part to be pure black. This should render them invisible.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 16:47
Quote: "The bottom line is, those military gloves can brake immersion more than no gloves or no hands in any scenario."

I respectfully disagree. These are styled as standard, cheap light-duty, impact gloves. While yes, they can be military, they can also be for a construction worker, mechanic, adventurer, law enforcement or any random regular guy with a 20 dollar bill and a local Auto-Zone shop or Amazon account.

Quote: "You could edit the textures for the hand part to be pure black. This should render them invisible."

Technically, you would need to make the _color texture pure alpha and remove the arms_ shader maps but it should be possible. I haven't tried it with the current shader system. The pure black thing only worked with jpegs as they had no discrete alpha channel.
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2018 17:25
Ok, I bought it anyway. It looks great and I'm sure I will get some use out of it. Downloading now.
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 29th Jul 2018 18:12
Just simply stunning weapon collection - thanks Errant

Can't use them in current game dev because of the gloved hands, but they are so much fun may have to start up another

Really top notch stuff - I'm in awe !

Cheers.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2018 18:26
The glove templates and textures are in the docs folder if you want to change them or make your own textures.

docs/EAI Enhanced Weapon Pack DLC folder.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 2nd Aug 2018 12:06
Finally managed to check back in and saw this pack, the collection looks great!

Since weapons and hands are the closest thing a player is going to see, the quality and PBR here looks like it makes a huge gameplay difference, especially the little things like the "reload" animation for the chainsaw.

Missed the promo but will definitely keep an eye on this one. Amazing work as always Errant!
Solar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2018 12:10
WOW! This is totally awesomely awesome! Well done, EAI. Gonna buy it ASAP!
PM
silversoulz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2018 09:54
make a martial art dlc and samurai dlc even ninja dlc will be sweet thx brother
silver is light
PM
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a strange issue with this pack : NPC AI do not shoot at player (they animate fine, including with new PP AI script) but they just don't press the trigger ....
Is this a bug ? Anyway to fix it or are the weapons in this pack designed to be used by player only ?
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2018 21:04
Quote: "I have a strange issue with this pack : NPC AI do not shoot at player (they animate fine, including with new PP AI script) but they just don't press the trigger ....
Is this a bug ? Anyway to fix it or are the weapons in this pack designed to be used by player only ?"

Which character, AI script, and weapon combination are you specifically using?

Let us know and I'll have a look to see what's up.

The regular guns should be usable by NPCs but this was probably not tested as thoroughly as it should have been, given GG's awkward/limited system for using non-stock weapons with characters.
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi EAI
Thanks for your quick answer
I'm using custom characters made with GG Character Creator ( based on Uber.x models as all stock characters), with either assault or Uzi profiles. AI script is Public Preview AI soldier, weapon is your Enhanced Pack AKM
I've tested these characters with the same script and another 3rd party AK47 weapon, it works fine.
Thanks for your help
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2018 23:13 Edited at: 1st Oct 2018 01:00
@reyandekcire

I was able to reproduce the and then correct it. VWEAP firespot needed to be rotated 90-degrees.

AI now blasts the tar out of me. Audio sounds weird when doing so but I suppose that's a separate global issue.

I will re-export the affected VWEAPS and submit to LEE for update through Steam.

Thank You for bringing this issue to light

-----------

Edited To Add:

Change Log:
v1.1
SEPT 30, 2018

New Arm Skins (located in Game Guru>Docs>EAI Enhanced Weapon Pack DLC)
-ARMS3L Brown Flannel/Tan Gloves w/ light skin
-ARMS3D Brown Flannel/Tan Gloves w/ dark skin
-ARMS4L Red Flannel/Tan Gloves w/ light skin
-ARMS4D Red Flannel/Tan Gloves w/ dark skin

Updated VWEAP.x models to correct FIRESPOT orientation for:
AKM
AR15
M29S
Mk18
Mk19T
R870

Users may need to delete previous VWEAP.dbo files. This should solve the issue of AI not shooting properly when equipped with these weapons.

Tested in 2018.09.23 GG Build.
Files have been submitted to Lee for distribution.
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
@ EAI : thanks for your reactivity.
I'm waiting for the update on Steam and will let you know. Otherwise, your models are just fantastic.

PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2018 07:12
EWP should be updated on Steam now and it's also temporarily on promo. with a
20% discount for the time being.

I greatly appreciate the bug report and am a little embarrassed for not having it addressed sooner.

I also appreciate those who have taken the time to leave reviews on Steam
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
@EAI : works perfectly. Huge huge thanks for such a quick fix.

PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
I just love the new weapon pack Errant. Thank you soo much you rock! The weapons I would like to see, I don't know if it is even possible with g.g. yet? Is some sci fi weapons that are capable of shooting a laser beam. Since we do have the mission to Mars pack with only one weapon. I do own the sci fi weapons from the store. But they shoot your typical bullet's. You know weapon's in movies such as Star Wars,Flash Gordon,Star Trek etc etc.
Jim C
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Bug with the updated DLC: When u shot with mk18 and some other weapons, if u are moving character "Stop" walk, if u are still, and automatic shoot u move backward without press any key
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 14:28 Edited at: 9th Oct 2018 14:31
Quote: "I just love the new weapon pack Errant. Thank you soo much you rock! The weapons I would like to see, I don't know if it is even possible with g.g. yet? Is some sci fi weapons that are capable of shooting a laser beam. Since we do have the mission to Mars pack with only one weapon. I do own the sci fi weapons from the store. But they shoot your typical bullet's. You know weapon's in movies such as Star Wars,Flash Gordon,Star Trek etc etc. "

Thanks! I agree that we need engine tech to better facilitate things like energy/beam weapons or tracers. It can be kind of faked now with custom projectiles but it's a bit limited and buggy.

Quote: "Bug with the updated DLC: When u shot with mk18 and some other weapons, if u are moving character "Stop" walk, if u are still, and automatic shoot u move backward without press any key"

There has always been recoil push/force "feature" applied to the player when firing in GG. It's too aggressive IMO and in some builds it seems worse than others. I'd love to see a setup.ini flag to disable it or better per-weapon control over it. That said, I'm running a 2-day old beta build and am not experiencing the player being stopped as described... Only pushed back when stationary or slowed a little when walking forward and shooting. If you have very high FPS, you might try with vsync enabled as the rate of fire will be a bit slower. Force seems related to damage value so tweaking that could alter things as well.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 15:56 Edited at: 9th Oct 2018 16:26
@Errant AI
Quote: "There has always been recoil push/force "feature" applied to the player when firing in GG. It's too aggressive IMO and in some builds it seems worse than others. I'd love to see a setup.ini flag to disable it or better per-weapon control over it. That said, I'm running a 2-day old beta build and am not experiencing the player being stopped as described... Only pushed back when stationary or slowed a little when walking forward and shooting. If you have very high FPS, you might try with vsync enabled as the rate of fire will be a bit slower. Force seems related to damage value so tweaking that could alter things as well."

Thx for the reply. We really need a way to flag it cause imho is ver unrealistic! i'll try work on it... PS: Always loved your work!

PS. Forgot to ask: since i'm having some problem with importing Ar15 and mk18 in Fragmotion (vertice count exceed) Can u update with a folder (in doc folder like your hand texture) with .max or .fbx model to help us personify your model pack? Thx in Advice
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 20:21
Quote: "PS. Forgot to ask: since i'm having some problem with importing Ar15 and mk18 in Fragmotion (vertice count exceed) Can u update with a folder (in doc folder like your hand texture) with .max or .fbx model to help us personify your model pack? Thx in Advice"

It's highly unlikely that source (.max) or close-to-source (.fbx) asset formats will ever be included at this pack's price-point. My best suggestion, for now, is to contact the Fragmotion developers about this limitation of their software or find an alternative conversion utility.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 20:36
UU3d will open them,and exports to many formats

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "UU3d will open them,and exports to many formats"

If i rember right, u answered me in my post about this, i asked if is possible to convert without buy the full version, (atm i want see if it work well or not)
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2018 22:52
Quote: "If i rember right, u answered me in my post about this, i asked if is possible to convert without buy the full version, (atm i want see if it work well or not)"

Not sure about a demo i have had the program for a long time,you would have to contact them

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 00:15
I still have the problem that, if I equip characters with the new weapons, I don`t hear their fire sounds. Just the ricochet of bullets.
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 00:21 Edited at: 10th Oct 2018 00:22
Quote: "I still have the problem that, if I equip characters with the new weapons, I don't hear their fire sounds. Just the ricochet of bullets."

GG's audio system doesn't like .ogg with positional audio.
I'll be sending Lee an update for this later this week but in the meantime you can convert the fire.ogg clips to .wav format (update gunspec.txt accordingly) and it should work.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 01:04
Ha, I can do that!

Thanks for the quick reply
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 23:59
Ok, that worked, but I get three round burst sounds instead of single shots on pistols.

Can that be because I run Panther AI on your TF characters?

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 03:27 Edited at: 11th Oct 2018 03:29
Quote: "Ok, that worked, but I get three round burst sounds instead of single shots on pistols.

Can that be because I run Panther AI on your TF characters?"

Not sure. You could try swapping out with stock pistol running same AI or stock character/AI to compare.

I've noticed some difference with semi-auto firing cadence between similar EWP vs. Stock weapons. Haven't dived into it enough to identify the cause of it. Could be related to fireloop=x, or firerate=x (unlikely) setting in gunspec, character rate of fire setting or a combination thereof.

Is it only burst audio or also burst fire?
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 04:23
only burst audio, otherwise it would be instadeath
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 04:52
Gunspec is set to fireloop = 2000. This setting should have no impact on semi-auto weapons but try changing to fireloop = 0 (same as stock 1911). If that doesn't work, try a very high value.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2018 05:03
I am still in office but will play around a little bit tonight

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:31:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:31:14