Product Chat / Urgent help or guidance needed! Sounds and compiling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I know this is Sunday and Tuesday is only two days away, but I could really do with some help.

On Tuesday in two days I am doing a demonstration for some kids where I will demoing a small game (and explaining some aspets of game logic and design). The game is built in GameGuru. The problems I have now are:

Problem #1:
Footstep sounds are playing at a ridiculously low pitch. I have replaced the following sounds with my own, which are 16bit 44.1kHz mono wav files and sound fine when played back outside of GameGuru:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\audiobank\materials\0grassA1.WAV through 0grassA4.WAV

Any idea what I need to do to have these samples played back at the correct pitch/rate? I am a script newbie but I couldn't find anything obvious in the scripts to control sample pitch.

Problem #2:
When compiling using the file>savestandalone option it creates a seemingly blank level and ignores the custom level open in the editor. I am sure this is something simple, but the guides I have read don't tell me what to do. How do I compile a standalone based on my custom level only?

Problem #3:
Not so much a problem, but just something I don't know how to do. When the game is compiled I would like only the level to play, and have a splash screen which I can list the kids names on. I don't need/want music or menus - pretty much a splash screen and the custom level is all I want.

If anyone can offer me help with this I would be forever greatful, thanks!
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
1) I did not understand your problem. Why do you not replace the sounds with your pitched sounds? There is no lua command for control sample pitch
2) Are you sure you saved your level before export as standalone?
3) you need to modify the titlebank/default/title.lua to customize the menu
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2018 16:17
SetGlobalSoundSpeed is the closest to pitch control but only works with global sounds.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
upatree
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

#2 and #3 are now solved, thanks Corno_1 - problem with #2 was solved by saving my level as a new level, and that fixed it... weird!

#1 - I did replace the sounds with my correct pitched sounds, but when playing in GameGuru they are too low pitched, playing at about 1/2 speed/pitch. They play fine if I play the sounds in VLC, Foobar2000, Audacity, or anything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2018 23:37 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2018 23:39
Problem #1:
This bug has been around for quite a while now - 2017.04.20 Beta - No Footfall Sounds On Terrain - I think from memory it first started around the time the EBE was introduced. But it has never been sorted.

I mentioned it again on Git Hub: Issue no #306

Problem #2:
The Win Zone must point to the next level, or for a single level, make sure it has nothing (like no spaces) in the If Used field.
Open your level, run it, and save it, before making stand-alone.

Problem #3:
There is a thread that discusses how to edit the menu pages. This might Help

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:29:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:29:22