Product Chat / When new weapons and buldings going to come?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm really appreciate the hard work on replacing all existing content with PBR and all new bits and pieces we are getting for FREE but I'm really would like to see some new content like weapons, corridors and segments for creating buildings and interiors.
Regarding theme, personally I disliked even at the beginning this Iraq/eastern present day soldier theme that GG started with, I'm not interested in making a present day shooter. I'm interesting in pretty much anything else Medieval, Fantasy, WW2 or Sci-Fi content and theme but not present day theme and content. FPSC was filled with this staff and I'm beginning to miss them a lot.

I know there is the TGC store but frankly the 99.9% of content is not very impressive. It ok for prototyping but I'm talking about staff that we could potentially use in the finished game.

Is there any new DLC in the making? Please say YES
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
What about the free Classic DLC
That contains nearly 4 gig of FPSC content
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2018 19:17 Edited at: 18th Jul 2018 19:20
As synchromesh mentioned there is a ton of content in the Free DLC on Steam. Some of the left over assets that are within the themes of Medieval, Fantasy, WW2 and Sci-Fi can be found for free here too:

http://www.freetoronto.org/gameguru/index.html

I plan to upload a lot more soon. Also interior textures that can be used with EBE in Game Guru.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah the classic DLC was nice especially for characters and bits to fill the scenes but not many weapon and buildings and especially now with the new PBR update, I'm really would like to get some decent assets especially weapon and building/interior even if I need to buy it as a new DLC.

@Teabone.
Thanks I'm going to take a look
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2018 19:58 Edited at: 18th Jul 2018 19:59
There is a weapon dlc coming from the master EAI. You will never get better weapons
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/209925?page=5
Change the textures and you will have some very cool scifi weapons.

I would like to see some new dlcs (like the model packs from FPSC) with different themes, but we had a huge break for modellers with pbr and directx11 so it will need some time now.
Also creating weapons is like rocket science, thats why not a lot of guys doing it. So there will never be a big variety of weapons to choose from
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2018 21:37 Edited at: 18th Jul 2018 21:39
Good evening everyone, check out Free Models and Media , JPH Games Free PBR Models, a Bunker Pack, PBR and no PBR of 32 entities.
serve you Zigi

Intel Pentium CPU G3220 3.000 GHz , 8 GB Ram , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 2GB , Windows 10 64-bit.
GameGuru , S2Engine HD , Shoot EM Up , CopperCube 5 , Clicteam Fusion 2.5 , Platfinity .
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, Most people want PBR only assets now. See what you started Lee?
Jim C
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 01:42
lol seems to be the case now. For me personally I'm concerned about adding even more textures to my games. Considering the memory limitations.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 09:06 Edited at: 19th Jul 2018 09:16
It is not so much about PBR, to be honest. More weapons, building and walls, corridors for making interiors and exteriors is something I missed from GG for a long time. FPSC had a decent selection of assets, segments, weapons, characters that is no longer available because the creators did not agreed to share it for free when FPSC went free and TGC stopped selling 3rd party content which I totally understand but they did not bring them over to GG either but now I want them back sort of. I've seen the Uzi enough I want something fresh and yeah if the polygon count and the detail of the textures would be a bit higher would not hurt but PBR would be not that important. PBR did show what GG is capable of graphically but frankly I still believe that Valve's Source engine would be more than enough for my needs. Valve did a great job with this engine all the Source games looks great even today. That quality and detail would be enough for me. Unfortunately FPSC assets we have available are slightly below that quality and even many of the TGC store assets and even though I do appreciate the free updates we are getting, even with PBR the GG assets just boring now and also not a very good selection, never was

@Corno_1
That is really decent, too bad I'm not interested in any of that, I want either medieval, fantasy or futuristic or even post-apocalyptic with some spikes and duck tape I don't want any more Uzi, terrorists, American and British soldiers
Just not interesting...
And it also bring one of the biggest problem up, even if the weapon would be something I want, the hands would definitely not fit any other weapons coming from other artists or an other collection from the same artist. Hands always a problem, honestly would be better if hands would be NOT included and other artist could make hands for the weapons and we could choose in GG which hands we want. GG should also support this of course.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 11:53
Well, I’ve to agree, some nice new weapons, characters, buildings, vegetation etc. would be great.
I mean new high quality DLC packs, I would pay also a higher price, if they would be high q.
Nothing against the old free FPSC models.... but they look ... old.

Also an Asia DLC pack would be awesome.
Some new zombies, soldiers etc...
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 12:19
@MooKai : Old? Try ancient Thankfully we have PBR and good FBX importing now (finally) so expect to see cool new art coming from every direction, not just TGC and it's partners.

@Zigi : As you may know, creating even one high-quality model can take weeks. About a year ago I commissioned a Dragon to be created, and it cost me $800 to model and texture, then $400 for it to be animated. That's one model for $1200. We are constantly scouting for the next quality DLC to add to our ranks, but in the meantime, I do recommend checking out the 3D asset stores out there that support FBX and PBR creations (Sketchfab is pretty good) as you can shop for exactly what you need.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "About a year ago I commissioned a Dragon to be created...$1200
I do recommend checking out the 3D asset stores out there"

I would imagine a custom/exclusive content is very expensive but can't you just license existing models from artists or they unlikely give it away for less considering it an engine used by X number of people?
Somehow need to motivate artists then to make GG ready assets because importing anything is a pain for someone not an artist. Last time I tried the faces was everywhere except the right place or the texture coordinates was not right or something about the joints was off or something else. I'm really don't enjoy to mess with this staff

Anyway, thank you for the reply.

PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 13:54 Edited at: 19th Jul 2018 13:57
And the import of these external models (fbx 3ds) will work?
I’ve tried it a few times... most of the time GG just crash.

Ok, the ancient old models....

Hmm... maybe u should look at the unreal and unity asset store, there are many high q. Models, maybe some of the artist want to release their stuff for GG (dlc pack)
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 14:23
Zigi, keep in mind that you can import pretty much any and all realtime 3d content into gg.

You can browse sites like cgtrader, arteria3d or 3dmodels-textures.com as well as TGC content.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 15:15 Edited at: 19th Jul 2018 15:30
GG needs to keep maturing in order to attract experienced artists.

1. The rendering system, shaders, lighting, etc is still evolving. Artists don't like to continually update their work as engine specifications evolve. So, all of that stuff really needs to be locked in. If I had to guess, I'd say we're maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the way there as far as DX11 reaching its potential.

2. The user base needs to expand considerably as well. This may be a sort of chicken/egg thing but unless experienced artists (from outside the community) can expect a high volume of sales, it's not worth it to port to GG. The user-expected price points are well below average here. An asset that would sell for $15 would be expected to be had for $5 or less by the GG community. And since GG media is portable to other engines (increasingly so with fbx and pbr), they would be slitting their own throats to sell to the GG community at discounted prices. It should also be considered that for things like Steam DLC, there is relatively little meat left on the bone for artists after Valve and TGC take their cuts.

3. For the active (read: asset purchasing) user base to expand, GG has to be better at retaining users.
SteamSpy has the following estimate:
Owners: 100,000 .. 200,000
Followers: 13,126
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 26

That is not so good. Yes, the number of concurrent users is probably a good amount higher because many (including myself) use it with Steam in offline mode. At best, on peak days, the active users are maybe 1% of the followers.

How does it retain more active users?

I think the answer is in staying the course and continuing to improve the engine, filling out the skeletal framework and polishing/completing existent features while keeping close pulse on the hangups that experienced GG users are encountering which are keeping them from completing and publishing their projects. When tepid users can see many completed examples of what the engine can produce (as opposed to simple asset flips), they may be inspired to invest more time with the product. Speaking for myself, I never really took Unity seriously until I had played about a dozen games made with it which I thought were "good". Not "good for a Unity game but simply good. I think that same scenario could be applied to Game Guru. My hope is that in maybe a year from now, as long as there are no major derailments and things continue with github and the great freelancers, we could be seeing that point where things are good enough for the community and user base to begin growing in earnest.

4. The greatest strength of any TGC product has always been the community.

I hope that people think twice before openly disparaging the quality of assets available for GG either from the forums or the asset store. The plain truth is that a lot of these artists are still learning and they are contributing to the pool of available, GG-ready assets because they enjoy the community and the engine. They are not doing it to get rich. Some assets may be given away for free and others may be sold cheaply on the store but regardless of what a person may think of their quality, they are worth the asking price and more. Many are lucky if they break even on time and tool investments.

Never take that for granted.

One of the greatest joys, as a longtime user, is watching how different artists improve and evolve throughout the years. It's something that I feel is relatively unique and special. When GG/Reloaded launched, there was very little on the store that I would personally consider using. However, when I browse the store now, there is quite a bit. That bodes well for the future.

FPSC was very much the same way and through its lifecycle, there were several content creators who went from novice to professional levels of quality. Unfortunately, for the most part, GG has not inherited those users. Why? Well, see #1.

TL : DR - If TGC builds it, They will come. If you want to see better GG-ready content, then press the developers to implement or complete those core engine aspects which will facilitate it. In the meantime, if you want something different, find it elsewhere and import it yourself. You may find the process difficult or unsavory but this sensation is no different from what GG artists have encountered and had to deal with.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 15:27 Edited at: 19th Jul 2018 15:28
Quote: "And the import of these external models (fbx 3ds) will work?
I’ve tried it a few times... most of the time GG just crash.

Ok, the ancient old models....

Hmm... maybe u should look at the unreal and unity asset store, there are many high q. Models, maybe some of the artist want to release their stuff for GG (dlc pack)"

And have you tried importing recently? Lee's only recently (the last few weeks) been working hard on the FBX importer to get it working with more versions of FBS and FBX bones and animations etc.

[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
You want PBR Weapons
These are what you can have soon from the master himself
Errant AI ..
https://eaimedia.com/2018/07/16/soon/
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Jul 2018 18:40 Edited at: 19th Jul 2018 18:43
Quote: " Thankfully we have PBR and good FBX importing now (finally) so expect to see cool new art coming from every direction"

Cool does mean it would be easy now to import characters that can work properly with the the good FBX importing or not, or are we still going to be an almost expert modeler to get them in to GG or not. ? ( witch most of the user are not )

I am hoping for a miracle please.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2018 08:28
I will try it again, and see if it works better now with the import of fbx and 3ds files.
High quality DLC packs would be nice, I would pay a much higher price for them. 50-100€ no problem, if the content is good. Then the artist would get also a bit more than peanuts, i guess....
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Jul 2018 08:33
Quote: "Cool does mean it would be easy now to import characters that can work properly with the the good FBX importing or not, or are we still going to be an almost expert modeler to get them in to GG or not. ? ( witch most of the user are not )

I am hoping for a miracle please."

Nothing has changed except you can import a different format, so everything you have to do to import a .X character in, still need to be done for a .FBX, nothing has changed there.

What i would like to see in the importer is a set of field for adding anim ranges so the .FPE can be generated with the proper animations ready and no messing about in a text editor.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2018 10:29
There is a new version of the FBX importer in the planing stage I believe

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2018 20:26 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2018 22:56
I don't know if Lee is going to explain what is new in the current PP. FYI: there is a new PP 2018.07.23 Actually this is not a PP it is actually an official release for all.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:46:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:46:34