Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Jurassic Park Game (Untitled)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 11:40 Edited at: 1st Jul 2018 11:41
Developer: Veenix

Some info about the game:
Yes indeed! I have started creating a fan Jurassic Park game which will offcourse be completely free. I hope to finish this entire project and not let it get abandoned like many other fangames out there.
To give you a small idea how this game will look like: it will be based of the old Jurassic Park Trespasser game. Offcourse with a whole new story, a list of interesting dinosaurs, new puzzles and weapons, an inventory system and so on.
Ever wanted to visit certain places from the movie? Or revisit places from other Jurassic Park games? Well all of that will be in this game.

The story:
At the moment there isn't that much of a story yet but this is what I have for now:
You are on a ship. After all the stories you have heard about the dinosaur islands, you and some friends wanted to take a look near the coast of Isla Sorna, you wanted to take some pictures of the dinosaurs and publish them as you love photography. You see it more as a hobby but if you could make some money by making pictures of dinosaurs... Then why not?
Unfortunatly... It didn't end well... The ship got attacked by something and you are the only survivor, stranded on the coast of Isla Sorna.
Unsure about what just happend, you start your journey through the island...
This isn't a fun little trip anymore, this is a survival mission.

Screenshots:
I will attach some screenshots.
These screenshots are from the first level only which is still in development offcourse.

Development and support:
Offcourse this isn't really a small project and working on it all by myself will take a lot of time.
Want to help out with this project? Well you can!
For this project I am still looking for people who can create some 3d models for in the game, both static models like buildings (think about certain models from movie scenes) and animated models like dinosaurs.
Any level ideas or story ideas are also always welcome!
So if you are interested in supporting this project, feel free to DM me!

I would love to hear opinions on this

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 13:42 Edited at: 1st Jul 2018 13:47
I love the idea!

What takes it down visually is the flat lighting. Adding some fog and messing with the ambience a little will already greatly improve this.

Here is a tutorial on basic optimisation.
A tutorial on lighting.

There are a few things I should mention. First: Trespassing already exists as a cry engine project. If you want this to be a bigger release you might want to rename it.

Benge's modelpack 6 pack has a few weapons very similar to the arsenal in the original. (see attached)
Here is a tutorial to get them into GG.

If you want to have the player body as seen in the original, there is a body script available. It would need some work but its a good start.
Here is an example of me using it.
Screenshot from the original game.

Link to script.

Best luck with the game

-Wolf

Attachments

Veenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I didn't really look at the name of the remake of Trespasser. I will edit this post and think of a new name
Thanks for all the tips btw
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 17:43
As wolf said if you're going to release it, even for free you want to avoid naming or referencingredients existing IP's, and Jurassic Park is a big existing IP.

With regards to the body script, it still works but is a little broken at the moment, in one of the updates that changed the player camera something broke the script and it now clips through the body really badly, dvader gave up trying to fix it. So maybe one of the script masters on here might need to take a look to fix it.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Veenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah it's going to be a fan game so I think I won't get in trouble for using Jurassic Park stuff, have to check all their copyright stuff but as there have been more fan games out there I don't think it will be an issue as long as I don't make any profit out of it.
I am looking for a good title for the game tho.

Thanks for the info about the script, I couldn't get it to work so I hope someone can fix it and help me with attaching another model to it because I want to use like a 'regular guy' model and not a soldier model xD
PM
Veenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2018 11:21 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2018 11:30
Updated Screenshots of the first (test) level with tweaked settings and some screenshots with the shader mod.
Which one do you prefer?
We also have a website right now and slowly creating a dev team!
Check it out: https://jurassicexperience.weebly.com/

Attachments

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2018 14:01 Edited at: 8th Jul 2018 14:02
How about just …
Isla Nublar
As the name ... After the original fictional island
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2018 18:43 Edited at: 8th Jul 2018 19:06
I tried out that body script and it still works ok, at least my version of it does.

I'm going to play with this some more to see if I can get the animations working better.

The standard animations leave a lot to be desired, this would probably look a lot better with a custom model.

I've attached my version.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!

Attachments

PM
Veenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool thanks for the body script, will check it out again soon, kinda busy atm so the development is on a small pause for the next two weeks, then we start again.
PM
Veenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2018 12:09 Edited at: 14th Sep 2018 13:39
The project has moved to Unity.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:01:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:01:50