Third Party Tools / [STICKY] Welder and other tool links

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 13:43
AutoWelder v1.9 link now added to 1st post.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
PM
Tomik18
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 14:16
can you please help me ? i use fpi2lua but i add script to trigger zone i have this in game ? how can i hide ?

My PC specs: Intel Core i3 8100 3,6Ghz
GTX 1660 6GB
8 GB RAM

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 14:18 Edited at: 8th May 2019 14:20
to hide the debug text, just go into the LUA script and comment out the prompt or promptlocal command i.e. using -- (2 minus signs).

to block comment out use --[[ and then at the end of the block use ]].

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
PM
Tomik18
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 14:30
Here is LUA

GTX 1660 6GB
8 GB RAM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 15:59
@Tomik8: if you want to just hide the "state" text, see my post above your last one. If it was somehting else, please can you expand/clarify .. thanks
PM
Tomik18
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 16:11
Thanks, I got it
GTX 1660 6GB
8 GB RAM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2019 14:06
HM2GG v4.0 update: can now split the terrain both horizontally/vertically and fixed the app terrain preview orientation to mirror GameGuru's again. Somehow, this all got messed up with code being updated and commented out and then being updated etc. Just have to get it all working correctly with the GUI, so that's the next step, and more testing etc. fixed weird issue with preview terrain adding border along the top and right side of the map which looked strange but displayed ok in GG. got to figure the logic (which should be fairly straightforward ...maybe) to get crosshair type split i.e. both horizontal and vertical so you end up with 4 separate maps. playing around with various values has achieved some great results, some weird and some possibly useful, so the experimenting and getting various procedural logic correct is key at the moment. Want to also (maybe), get a way of adding different images to represent the various split maps, not sure how this will turn out but will be interesting to see the results. Have many ideas of which I really should make a note somewhere in the source code.

All going well, I'll investigate further on how I can integrate the code and a GUI into GG source code so you get the same look/feel.
some more pics to add shortly...

Attachments

PM
Tomik18
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2019 12:34
after export level must popup message about export complete ? or how can i know if export is complete ?
GTX 1660 6GB
8 GB RAM
granada
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2019 16:41
Tools are looking great Bored of the Rings, thank you

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2019 18:17
@ granada, thanks a lot

@tomik8: there should be a message on the status bar on the main window which says level export complete and location where it saved it. I yet to do a video tut. Enjoying a lovely spa weekend with my wife so no time until next week most likely.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2019 10:17 Edited at: 13th May 2019 10:17
phew! at last after a few issues, the GG terrain can now be split into 4 quadrants. At the moment the split gap is preset, but soon users will be able to (hopefully) choose a custom split size and set the height of each quadrant to either lowest, highest or a custom height value (for blank quadrants). The lowest / highest values will be taken from the lowest / highest values of the loaded / converted image.

The GUI is subject to change as I develop futher.

Attachments

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 20:52
Quote: "All going well, I'll investigate further on how I can integrate the code and a GUI into GG source code so you get the same look/feel."

Great mate! thanks for the tools.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2019 10:57 Edited at: 15th May 2019 11:05
Thanks 3com

Currently, playing with a new toy L3DT which generates various maps including noise heightmaps and the results are pretty good.

Added in Gap size edit box, but might change this to a slider, but need another for both vert/horiz. Created a test program for the fusing of 4 separate heightmaps together and will implement this into the main app.

Might look into the vegmask/watermask images and see if anything can be done there.

Pic below shows a 4 quadrant split using a generated L3DT noise heightmap

Having a lot of fun with this I must say. very addictive. Still want to make a Far Cry type game which I mentioned yonks ago so maybe GG/HM2GG might be the tool(s) for this, will see.

Attachments

PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Fixing stuff ;)
Posted: 15th May 2019 17:18
Great progress cannot wait to play with this
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2019 09:37
thanks GraPhiX

Still working on some fixes and code optimisation. fixed image transparency issue where patches of white were displaying in parts of some images. GUI to be updated quite a bit to handle both single and multiple images (up to 4 for a 4 way split).

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2019 10:23
for AW, am writing code that will allow the user to take an FPSC level(s) and auto load all the entities i.e. static and dynamic and place these into GameGuru without the need for LUA scripts to position them correctly on the FPSC level map. Hopefully this will work with waypoints, but probably and most likely NOT lights. Will keep you posted and if it looks promising and works ok, will post pics.

I am still working on HM2GG 4.0.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2019 13:38
Excellent.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2019 15:27
Good work m8 as usual
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2019 12:49 Edited at: 22nd May 2019 12:55
Thanks Super Clark

Testing works so far with the autoloading/saving of FPSC entities(static/dynamic) and autoloading into GameGuru , so this is promising so far.
Not fully automated yet, but almost, needs more work. Not very exciting but the pic below loads in FPSC entities from a very basic FPSC level map file , in this case, 1 player marker and 1 stall entity and placed them on a blank GG fpm map. The 2nd pic is the FPSC map level, notice the positioning in different at the moment in GG compared to the one in FPSC. This is because I've hardcoded GG coords for now, coords in GG different to FPSC. This will be sorted in the final code as it's just temporary. Once I'm happy that it works well, I can implement the test code into the AW app and do some final adjustments etc and more testing. No more LUA scripts will need to be generated to position/rotate the entities. Phew..!

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2019 10:48 Edited at: 23rd May 2019 16:46
Continuing on from yesterday, the FPSC level static/dynamic entities can now be exported from FPSC to GameGuru automatically. I still want to check if this works with waypoints / lights. AW export of dynamic entities to be updated and I can now remove the code the generates the LUA scripts for positioning each entity. The GameGuru FPM/.dat files are auto generated now and load directly into GameGuru as if it was created in Gameguru originally. Obviously the exported level will be added to the GG FPM as it's treated as an entity, therefore the level and it's associated entities will be loaded and positioned in Gameguru. Well that's the plan, am hoping it comes off.

NOTE: HM2GG4.0 being worked on and has the ability to split terrain maps using 1 or more images. more to come on that later. coming along quite nicely.

[update: waypoints also now work, lights work to a point meaning that the entity shows but the light radius doesn't at the moment, looking into why. Might not be impossble though. Everything else works a dream. So now I can edit full FPSC levels in GameGuru with all their entities (static and dynamic)/markers etc (except lights). Actually I will also test the other markers such as zones. This is kinda fun even if no-one else uses it ha ]

[update2: ok lights don't work because at the moment the "range" value of say 500 is not being set, it's currently 0 when I load the FPSC map into GG, so will fix this tomorrow.]

Attachments

PM
GubbyBlips
User Offline
Very interesting stuff. Best wishes on the progress!
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2019 18:37
Thank you.

The light marker issue now resolved, I just need to fix the range and colour values and all ok in GG. Tomorrow will start getting the test code into the main AW code. Will be a major update on the fpsc level side.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2019 13:56 Edited at: 24th May 2019 13:58
added a couple of very simple pics showing various lights (static) in FPSC, ported into GameGuru. Should also work for dynamic lights and all the other marker types. The issue was that "Read File" in the source code was being used to read in DWORDs (4 bytes) instead of reading in LONGs (even though READ FILE defaults to 4 bytes or DWORD/LONG-bug maybe?). so now all great in my source code. next to test some of the other markers and add the source to the main AW engine code and get the main FPSC ported level into the FPM (simples)

Attachments

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2019 14:56
sweet!!!!!!!!!
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2019 08:27 Edited at: 27th May 2019 08:28
thanks Mk83

So just tried loading in the whole Metro Theatre FPSC level into Gameguru just by loading in the usual via FPM and the results so far are promising. Still a bit of tweaking needed, animated doors work when lowering the physics params to say 100. most entities position correctly on the Y axis, except for the large curtains, so some objects need the odd tweak here and there but nothing major so far.
Set FX to APBR_BASIC and although this really slows my FPS down as my Graphix card is a bit pants, it does look a lot better.
Lights position and seem to work quite well , although I'm no lighting expert, but pleased with results and I'm sure a lot of optimization can be done, at the moments it's all about getting the whole original FPSC level(s) into Gameguru via FPM load and accurately placing content and getting the basics working. so far not bad, but can be improved.
Converted the FPI noncollision.fpi to a lua and worked fine to turn collisions off where needed e.g. large curtains.

A lot of fun and more improvements to do still but enjoying this a lot more now.

Attachments

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2019 07:52
I'm liking it so far m8 great work looking forward to testing it out.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2019 10:45 Edited at: 28th May 2019 10:46
thanks Super Clark

One thing I need to do is "force" or "dummy" in the waypoint data for triggerzones etc. These are not created in FPSC for these types of marker as they work differently in FPSC i.e. you use the mouse to highlight the size of the trigger zone for example instead of positioning waypoints like GG does.
so the interesting bit will be to generate or append this waypoint data to a new / existing waypoint file i.e. map.way. so here goes and hope to have a pic to show more progress on this and other improvements. Nothing is impossible that's what I say
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2019 16:09
I have every faith in you m8... you have the force with you
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2019 16:19 Edited at: 29th May 2019 16:23
@Super Clark: thank you again and it looks like your faith in me (and the force ) has paid off. I can now create dummy waypoint data in the test fpsc level conversion program and associate any entity with a waypoint index 1,2 etc..... ok not the best pic in the world, but it's just a test... all works fine in GameGuru and you can move the trigger zone entity around and the waypoints follow... phew !!

Attachments

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2019 19:38
Great job there.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2019 11:36
many thanks Pirate Myke.

A little fix applied to the Entity Welder, now at version 1.7.9. Issue where textures not being copied over for the Metro Theatre when concatenation of a folder variable and filename variable results in 2 equal path texts+the filename being parsed through, preventing copying over the texture file. The new update EW EXE will be copied over to the next AW release under tools folder. Will inform when new link available and as always post the link on the first post.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2019 13:14
added a temp link to the update EW v1.7.9 to the first post under AutoWelder2.0 text. You can copy the .EXE directly to the AW tools subfolder if you have AW installed.
PM
granada
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2019 17:34
Great work as always

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 21:20
many thanks Dave

Almost there with the porting of FPSC levels, a couple of pics showing ported WW2 level from FPSC. Only missing entities at the moment are the heal/hurt zones, but I'm working on that. But s you can see , we have start marker, some lights, entities, waypoints. Still quite a bit to do. No LUA in sight, all done by loading in a normal GG formatted FPM file.

Attachments

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2019 15:42 Edited at: 5th Jun 2019 15:42
Fantastic …
I was able to do similar in the older version which was strange as I think GG has a multi texture limit for a single model but your exports surpassed that and looked amazing .. How did you get round that ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2019 16:39 Edited at: 5th Jun 2019 16:42
@Synchromesh: my program rebuilds the universe.dbo from scratch by breaking down the limbs that make up the level and then re-textures each limb with it's unique texture and then in the generated FPE just leave the textured= param blank. the level is then rebuilt using each newly textured limb. the level porting was done rather a long time ago but lately the focus has been mainly to figure out a way of reformatting FPSC FPM files to GG format as there are some differences. that way I don't need to use LUA scripts to reposition the exported dynamic entities. all a bit tricky but doable. and a lot of fun. now all I have to do is pick a FPSC level and load in the newly GG formatted FPM directly into GG and viola. Still some issues and more to write but getting there, time allowing.
PM
Tomik18
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2019 16:52
@Bored of the Rings: I tried to export the level through level mode but I only had 60fps in GG. will it be better optimized?
GTX 1660 6GB
8 GB RAM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2019 11:59
@Tomik18: it's a good point, I'm going to be looking into this further. You can break up the levels in chunks, but again, I need to have a rethink.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2019 16:09 Edited at: 6th Jun 2019 16:10
added FPSC Hurt/Heal Zones to my own GG Github branch for the FPSC 2 GG level porting just as a tester. I need to attach correct LUA scripts but other than that they seem to work ok in GG.. Is this a good or terrible idea?

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 09:09 Edited at: 10th Jun 2019 09:16
all default FPSC markers/zones/waypoints working in GameGuru. some small cosmetic issues to clear up , but am happy with results.
Here, I've used my github branch version code to bring in the heal/hurt zones. Will test out on a full FPSC level ported over to GG and see how it all goes.

Attachments

PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 13:44
great job, thanks for that.

Intel Pentium CPU G3220 3.000 GHz , 8 GB Ram , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 2GB 1920 x 1080 , Windows 10 64-bit.
GameGuru , S2Engine HD , Shoot EM Up , CopperCube 6 , Clicteam Fusion 2.5 , Platfinity .
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2019 19:32
my branch seems to have been deleted, good luck all, I'm off.
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2019 21:33
No, it isn't deleted, Lee merged it into the master branch.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2019 07:52
Thanks for letting me know, I acted in haste as usual. No worries
PM
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2019 17:06
It would have been sad to lose you

Intel Pentium CPU G3220 3.000 GHz , 8 GB Ram , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 2GB 1920 x 1080 , Windows 10 64-bit.
GameGuru , S2Engine HD , Shoot EM Up , CopperCube 6 , Clicteam Fusion 2.5 , Platfinity .

GubbyBlips
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2019 22:11 Edited at: 14th Jun 2019 23:56
BOTR-- hey there! Thanks-- all this hard work, hours and hours must
be acknowledge somehow-- it MUST be! Be well!

Edited because what I was looking fore, well I'm already there...
right at the top. haa
PM
GubbyBlips
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2019 22:13 Edited at: 14th Jun 2019 23:58
BTW I'm asking about terrain height maps-- just so
nobody is confused! This particular system seemed
very intriguing...

Edit-- note to self... must read more threads!
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2019 08:05
HM2GG v4.0 link now added to 1st page , you can now split your maps, this is quite basic still and lots of other stuff still to do.
other links to be added shortly, sorry about that.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-06-16 20:13:19
Your offset time is: 2019-06-16 20:13:19