3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [SOLVED] Little question about models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question or not but I didn't really find any other place where I could ask this.

So I want to create a dinosaur game. Problem is there are only a few dinosaur models in the store.
So I wanted to know: If I buy these models, can I make duplicates of them and change the textures? Can I rescale them?

Also: If I were to buy 3th party dinosaur models. How do I import them correctly? I have been trying to do this with some free models but they don't import well. I either see a cluster of random forms, or an untextered and unanimated model. Any good tutorials for this?

Thanks a lot already!
(Sorry If I posted this at the wrong place)

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 10:03 Edited at: 26th Jun 2018 10:07
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Normally you can change textures re scale etc... unless the artists states that you cannot at time of purchase, normally the only rules are,
you cannot sell the models, you cannot post them on any other site, they are only to be included in any game you make.

as far as models downloaded from the GG forums they should not need importing 99% of them are ready to go in GG, if you setup folders in your:

gameguru\files\entitybank\user\{NAME OF ARTIST}\{MODEL NAME} it will make life much easier for you within the editor.

don't forget scripts go into \scriptbank audio goes into \audiobank

If you are getting assets from 3rd party sites just be careful of the polygon/triangle counts it is best to not go above 20k the lower the better, now the current importer in GG is being updated/fixed until this is complete you need to import manually if you do not know how to do this send me one of the models and I will create a video outlining the steps.

**Important** make sure ANY third party model as commercial rights before using read the small print
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Veenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay thank you so much!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:48:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:48:39