Product Chat / [SOLVED] Gun Spec Line for Submerged Fire

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2018 05:53 Edited at: 20th Jun 2018 05:54
Does anyone know what gunspec line is afflilated with this old LUA command line:
GetFireModeSettingsNoSubmergedFire()

I would like to better improve the swimming script so that we can assign specific weapons for underwater use. Currently, all are automatically disabled once you are submerged. This was to prevent the usage of weapons with regular animation speed and echoing sound effects which destroy the illusion of being under water.

Feel free to move this to the scripting section, if it seems more suited there.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2018 21:31
Nobody eh?
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
The gunspec command is: "nosubmergedfire="
I did not find it in any gunspec from my weapons.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2018 18:03
If I ever in my life get time again with GG ....
I'm going to try to re-enable GetFireModeSettingsNoSubmergedFire() and see if the nosubmergedfire gunspec property works with it. This way we can choose what weapons will work under water or not. As originally intended by Lee. Would be nice to have a 3rd firing mode option for designers who may want special functionality for certain weapons under water and different sounds and speeds etc.

Games like Fallout don't allow you to use guns under water so its safe to exclude them in GG from functioning. Additionally the speed and sounds will break underwater immersion since they have outdoor echoing sounds and do not look like your on underwater based on their animations.

Hopefully the old settings work and this can be implemented easily. Cool to see Lee had did a bit of work in the underwater area of things for GG way back. Wonder why it stopped?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:26:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:26:39