Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 12:34 Edited at: 18th Jun 2018 12:35
Quote: "what's up ?"

A strange mix of OCPD and a warped sense of humour
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Have to be honest I thought this would go through the roof with backers ..
So many bad reviews, questions and complaints with users wanting Visual Scripting ?
However have you noticed your links on steam come up as malicious and are blocked by steam.
That alone will be putting off potential customers.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
@Belidos ...Sorry...I didn't get it man..what do you mean by that statement... Did you seriously own that many desktop + laptop with specified configuration in your footnote??

@synchromesh ... Fixed it man thanks... May be they are burnt by similar past attempts...
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 16:12
Quote: "@Belidos ...Sorry...I didn't get it man..what do you mean by that statement... Did you seriously own that many desktop + laptop with specified configuration in your footnote?? "

I was just answering Syncro's question, nothing to worry about.

Yes, i have those three machines as my main day to day machines, and i have three or four more i get out now and again as test rigs.
Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 19:14 Edited at: 19th Jun 2018 13:07
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2018 13:07
Fixed that gif for ya, RP

-Wolf
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2018 17:31 Edited at: 27th Jul 2018 18:56
Thanks Dude...
PM
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Little Update:

Thanks to the input from @Preben and @GraPhiX ..I've added and tested the suggested features.

Quote: "It looks web based to me, do we get a login so we can continue working on our scripts ? , i would hate to sit 3 hours making a super script in your system, just to find out i cant continue to work on it the next day, and how many script do you allow each person to have on your server ?

If i just want to make a small change to a existing script , perhaps just change a color or a AI behavior , do your system allow me to upload a script to your server and edit that in your system ?"

Previously, I'd made the features of saving the workspace within the local storage of the application (in form of xml file-not sharable) and was subjected to size limit. But with newly added compression algorithm one can export there whole code (in significantly compressed size) and can load/save the file to begin from where they left off (also added features of interoperability).

Quote: "Being able to save the blocks as a library would be awesome, we could have a central resource where we could share blocks "

WIth the backers money I've arranged a local server to facilitate uploading and downloading of block library. With this, now people will be able to simply load/merge the block library of others tweak it to there needs and generate the lua code. Thereby, eliminating the time investment.

Will be releasing the beta in ~2-3 days.

Lastly, receive the response from GG support (regarding integration of framework with the product itself); There response is as follows:
Quote: "I would like to see this Visual Editor evolve before TGC gets more actively involved as it would need to be adopted by our community before we would look to integrate it into the main product. If you keep getting feedback from GameGuru users and help them create logic easily and quickly in practical examples of adding game mechanics to a GameGuru level, we could consider something more official. The basic test is taking a non-coder and allowing them to create something simple like a script that could be applied to a dynamic object to collect it, make a sound and throw up a text prompt (as an example). The forum is the very best place to get feedback and continue the dialog with users."

So, in a nutshell once I released the beta; its upto you guys.

Lastly, those who made anonymous backing or havn't shared their contact details on the Indiegogo page; Kindly drop me a message on ankrai.gameworks@gmail.com. During the release of beta I'll be sharing my large asset pack (Weapon + environment + forest + character+game sounds + music) with the backers, as a token of gratitude. Among the forest of friction and hesitation, you guys are the first to take leap of faith. So that's that...drop me an email.

Have a nice day ahead.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 28th Jun 2018 19:49
Hi RP thanks for coming back with an update this all sounds brilliant cannot wait to test it out well done on what you have done so far
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I really don't see the point of these things tbh"

I must admit I am the same. I never find this sort of thing any easier than typing code up. You tend to have to know what you need anyway and I always find it slower trying to navigate the UI rather than type. I tried Unreal's visual system and found it awful. Still, I see why some people may find it easier this way. For me it's just a different and for me slower way to code.

Good luck to the author though
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I tried Unreal's visual system and found it awful"

you mean the nodes with all the wires? yh that's confusing as hell... i got the basics working with it (such as making characters react to sounds etc) and i'm sure it's great once you get used to it but definitely not user friendly, i felt like i needed a manual just for learning which commands can go to what... i guess the main problem with it was simply that it has far too many options, you really needed to know what you were doing before you started trying to use it, i wouldn't have said it was awful, more just user error and being overwhelmed with the lack of "help" when things didn't work as expected... but then again i did start by trying to create AI and that is one of the harder parts of coding games

i think that just reinforces amen's point about needing to know how to code to use something like this... you will always need a basic understanding of coding to understand the flow of your script otherwise it will just end up being guess work and hoping it will work

on a related note; i think the best thing about AGK is that you can simply press f1 at any time while coding and it will open the help files (if you have the focus inside any command it opens the help directly on the page relating to that command too), when GG, and thus this program, gets proper documentation like that it will really be a great tool
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2018 13:22 Edited at: 1st Jul 2018 13:24
I still think Unreal system is awful, lol. That's my whole point about GUI's for this type of thing. I much prefer to sit and code stuff. AGK is a good example of how much easier it is as well. I'm sure some people may prefer the visual method, but when you have been coding on and off for over 35 years it's hard to change direction. Give me a well documented manual and easy access (like AGK) and I am way happier

Oh and of course if you do have a decent idea about coding, at that point your still probably as well tying
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2018 21:40 Edited at: 12th Jul 2018 21:53
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sABvpu4_vM&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=AnkushRai[/video]

Hi Guys, I've released CodeWorks: GameGuru Visual Scripting Framework for open beta. This software will enable you to easily build game logic by simply drag and drop operations. Check out the software at: https://ank00.itch.io/codeworks

Kindly, share your experience, queries and feedback with the software. For reporting bug fixes only use the form provided in the application itself or you can revert to:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219859
[href=https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219760 ]https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219760 [/href]

Support the project if you want it to see the daylight: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/visual-scripting-framework-for-gameguru-3d-computers/x/17484966#/

Those who are good at programming, give it a try and report any typos or syntax error that might have escape from my watch.

Have a nice day.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2018 01:55 Edited at: 13th Jul 2018 02:17
Hey all
RP thanks for the effort put into this - it seams you have been busy!

I would still like to back it even if I never use it, because I think us Indies need to support each other, but I only use PayPal.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Reliquia

First try the program.
Quote: " I think us Indies need to support each other"

True that... Let me know If i could be of your help in return.
Quote: "I only use PayPal."

IndieGoGo is sureshot safest. PayPal is not my thing. It's your choice, there is no mandate.

PM
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Reliquia,
Or else you can try donating through itch.io..just remember that after donating.. pm me your name and email add..

Regards
PM
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
​Hi,

Fixed some issues with the live service...install the new executable to continue accessing codeworks without any hitch...https://ank00.itch.io/codeworks

Kind Regards
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2018 13:17 Edited at: 24th Jul 2018 13:18
Quote: "Possible reasons which I've noticed are:
(a) You already have negative prejudice about such visual scripting framework.
(b) Don't want to use it..as you're well versed with GG functions and lua scripting
(c) Too expensive to back.
(d) Does not want to make transaction through IndieGoGo.
(f) Market to sell my game through GG is low. Thus, it's pointless to spend anymore on any other tool.
(g) Just not interested
(h) Any other... kindly explain in detail. "

None of the above, it's a known thing on the internet that the number of people that use the official forums of any given software package is a very low number, for example, here we only have about 20 or 30 regulars that post and read this forum, out of 127k that's only 0.02% if the user base. You're not seeing a lack of interest, you're just seeing the fact that not a very large number of people have even seen your posts.
Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
You are right... Thanks for replying....
PM
G4M3R13
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th Jul 2018 21:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2018 21:17
it says 19 days left on the indigogo page

$425 of $1500 backed

28% reached. Still so far to go. I sure hope you get your goal amount or more but what happens if you don't get your goal ? Do you forget the whole thing and all backers get their money back ? What happens after ? is the whole project dumped and forgotten ? does the whole project along with the program dissappear ?
recreating dreams into reality
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2018 23:37
For those who are absolutely clueless about coding, may I suggest this website visual tutorial: https://studio.code.org/hoc/1

I haven't looked at RP tutorials and I'm not sure if he also suggested this site as I am way behind looking at the posts. But give it a try. It should help for absolute beginners.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for late reply...busy finishing the project ...

Quote: "what happens if you don't get your goal ? "

It's a flexible goal..Thus, at the end of the campaign I'll get the fund minus whatever the cut indiegogo takes for platform and transaction fee...
Quote: "Do you forget the whole thing & all backers get their money back ?"

The Project is here to stay... I've high hopes with it..As you can see in the beta there are support for other several known game engines & Tensorflow. Though most of it are locked and are in closed alpha. Since, Only GG community showed support therefore making the project shape up with there custom needs...

Regarding refund, I'll be releasing the final update and an easy mode in coming 2-3 days such that if backers show unhappiness towards the updated product then they can request refund (before the end of the campaign) or else whatever small we've collected goes to my pocket...

Quote: "What happens after ? "

The product will be out free for two months (after the campaign) with no restriction. Latter, the final product with support for all other game engines will be available on steam with yearly subscription. Backers will get lifetime access for all future updates.

Will start a Game jam with big asset drop, release tutorial series & webinar for that two month period.

Quote: "is the whole project dumped and forgotten ? does the whole project along with the program disappear ?"

For past one year I've switched my career form researcher to Game dev...I've dived in this professionally...this is my bread and butter and hope to make it a golden goose

@Flatlander
Haven't released much of a tutorial...you can check out smallg's channel or go to the project's itch.io page..his videos are there too...
He'd made some cool stuff with it...
Will release a thorough webinar & tutorial series (may be hangout session) after the final update....
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2018 22:41 Edited at: 26th Jul 2018 22:47
RP wrote: "Will release a thorough webinar & tutorial series (maybe hangout session) after the final update...."

Sounds good. In the meantime, I really do suggest newbies to Lua should go to this website to get an introduction to basic programming. It is not a visual designer for Lua but an introduction to programming using a visual design.

https://studio.code.org/hoc/1

I just downloaded the beta and take a look myself. Since smallg endorses it, I'm all for taking a look and seeing if there is anything I can suggest.

BTW, RP, a question. Have you added all the new GG commands? There's been a lot of them with the Monster Update.

Addendum:

The first thing I noticed was a great thing. I'm able to zoom the diagrams so my old little eyes can see them better. :LOL:
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2018 18:52 Edited at: 27th Jul 2018 18:55
Quote: "Have you added all the new GG commands?"

So far In my local version I'd added whatever commands mentioned in the monster update...was waiting for it....Now, working on codeworks easy mode will make it visible to all in final update (few more days)...

Quote: "The first thing I noticed was a great thing. I'm able to zoom the diagrams so my old little eyes can see them better"

If zooming in workspace is not enough, then you can also press <ctrl + plus(RHS of keyboard)> or <ctrl + - (RHS of keyboard)> to further zoom in or zoom out the whole thing...

Quote: "Since smallg endorses it, I'm all for taking a look and seeing if there is anything I can suggest."

Not only smallg but preben, lee, synchromesh, GraPhix and several other big shots at GG ... (I'm not ashamed of bosting lol )
Looking forward for your feedback ... or any other custom block request....
PM
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Last 3 days before campaign ends if someone interested in getting lifetime license of CodeWorks then back it now. As the final steam version will be available with support for other softwares and my own game engines+app builder therefore steam version will be in form of yearly subscription model. Get it when its cheap...

Final update of CodeWorks is Live now...Finished the product before the campaign ends...I've made things easy wherever necessary....added all blocks with description wherever necessary to make things easy for non-coders. Almost every blocks mentioned in global.lua resides in CodeWorks; except (400 – “not so important blocks” related with control of weapon & Game Mechanic). Will unlocks it once I figure out how to not make things cluttered; otherwise it’s just matter of a press of a button.
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Aug 2018 23:23
Best of luck with this .

For me personally this type of thing does not work as a concept (die hard coder) but understand this visual approach works for many and like your open approach to the proposition.

Cheers.
RP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2018 20:35 Edited at: 12th Aug 2018 20:36
Thanks...but give it a try for 10-15 min... who knows you might give some good ideas to improve and suggest me something...
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:41:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:41:59