Product Chat / Static Entities no lightmaps and another couple issues.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone, I'm new to Game Guru, just bought it over the weekend. Anyway, I set up a small test room to test the lightmapping as i'm wanting to start a project that takes place primarily indoors. anyway, so I made my building with EBE, placed some lights and then lightmapped it, all was good. Then I added some entities, lightmapped, not so good. My entities are not casting shadows, but they are receiving them just fine. Just trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong here.

Second issue, when running levels, if i set entity shader to highest quality, all most entities get super bright and washed out, but if i use medium setting then everything is displayed at proper brightness. I thought that this might be an issue with the shader and my graphics card(I'm using a bit older HD6850), however, the PBR shaders in the escape level work perfectly fine on highest settings without said brightness issues. so you would think that if my card can handle PBR shaders then it should be able to handle the older ones as well. After checking something out, i can say that this only happens on lightmapped levels on entities without PBR shaders. Thought occured to me that i did modify my .ini files to calculate larger lightmaps, i will try cranking that down and see what happens but until then if someone else has any insight, i'm all ears.

Third issue, when i try to place entities inside of my EBE room, if i use ENTER to try to drop the entity down to the floor, it instead goes to the roof even though the entity is already INSIDE the building. I had a similar issue placing lights, but normally if i hit ENTER twice they would drop down where i want them, this isnt so with the entities. I'm sure i must be doing something wrong but rather than mess with it until it drives me nuts i figured i should just ask. It also occurred to me that since i had to manully place my entities rather than have them drop down by hitting ENTER, this might be why i don't have shadows, who knows.

Also, i did look for the answers to these issues, didnt find anything usefull, but if i missed some information that already exists, please feel free to point me in the right direction, I'm not afraid to do some research.

Thanks folks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2018 10:48
Please post a small FPM level using stock assets here, and we can add it to our lightmap testing. Ensure all your entities and lights are static before the baking.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Toxicclowd
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee I apologize, I just posted another post regarding the Shader issue. I solved the problem with entities not casting shadows, turns out it was a fluke with that particular EBE structure, I built another one right beside it and the entities cast shadows beautifully, so not sure what went wrong with the first EBE I built but i'm sure it was likely user error as i'm new to the engine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:24:01