Product Chat / [Bug reported on GitHub] FreezePlayer() & UnFreezePlayer() by demented-mind

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 02:05 Edited at: 4th Jun 2018 21:18
[Report accepted in GitHub as a Bug]

If I may, I thought I would also post this here to see if this happens to others when using the included zipped map and script files.

When you use FreezePlayer() it works fine;l however, the lighting gets brighter. Not enough for a show stopper but still looks amateurish and is noticeable. The UnFreezePlayer() does return the lighting to it's original state. ## But, the player jumps up. In other words the camera moves higher as if the -SPACEBAR- key is pressed. This is annoying and also doesn't look good -- so much so that I will not use it in this state and because I would like to use it it's kind of a show-stopper for me.

The attached zip file contains an fpm and dat file plus the lua file. I could not duplicate the FreezePlayer issue except that shadows are lost (disappear) and you sort of can tell that something is going on with the lighting but not as obvious as in my game. However, the UnFreezePlayer issue does persist. When running the included map move the player within 220 units from the barrel and you will freeze. After a couple of seconds you will unfreeze. You will notice this by the player jumping up as if you pressed the spacebar key. Move away from the barrel ( > 320 units from the barrel) to reset the freeze command.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yh I noticed this when the commands were added and had my character end up on the roof of buildings etc :p

I would replicate the freeze player command by using the other commands that allow you to position the player (I.e. store the players location at time of desired freeze and then keep positioning him there until you want to unfreeze him).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 21:26
Thanks smallg, I wasn't thinking about a work-a-round, but that's what I'll do in the meantime. Thanks again.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:21:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:21:51