Product Chat / Gameguru Twitch Broadcast: Subjects needed

Author
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 20:14
Hey Guys!

I wrote Lee on facebook and asked him if there will be more twitch broadcasts sometime soon.
And this was his answer:

Quote: "There are no twitch broadcasts planned but I am hopeful to resume them once the next update goes out Feel free to mention it in the GameGuru forum and see what subjects you would like me to cover (a lot has already been covered and we might be running out of subjects) "

Now. Let's find Mister Bamber some subjects !

Personally I'd like to know, how to convert normal (old) entities to PBR.

POST YOUR SUBJECT SUGGESTIONS in this thread please! SPAM AWAY!!
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 30th May 2018 20:21
Quote: "Personally I'd like to know, how to convert normal (old) entities to PBR"

this is more an artist thing lol I don't think he would cover that he is not an artist, converting 'old' entities is not always a viable option, the model as to be pretty much perfect for it to work with PBR textures, you can just convert the old textures to PBR but the model will probably let it down, it is easier to re-create the asset as PBR to be honest.
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 20:24
Quote: "it is easier to re-create the asset as PBR to be honest."

Not for me. I won't open 3ds Max or ANY other 3d modelling software for a long time. Never mind then. There are enough other interesting gg related things for sure.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 20:26
I'd personally like to see Lee doing a twitch or two devoted to physics, specifically how to use collision modes and the settings to use to get a particular result.
He could even show users how to use the functions in the physlib to, for example, create a hinged door or a sliding block which the player can push out of the way.
I've tried to make the physics additions easy to use so it shouldn't need lengthy demonstrations just the basics.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 21:33 Edited at: 30th May 2018 21:34
There is only so much Lee can show in 30 mins ..
To be honest I would be happy with a twitch after each main update to go through all the new features, Tricks etc
Otherwise suggestions will just wear thin again or get to complicated for the time allotted.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2018 21:53
Quote: "I'd personally like to see Lee doing a twitch or two devoted to physics, specifically how to use collision modes and the settings to use to get a particular result.
He could even show users how to use the functions in the physlib to, for example, create a hinged door or a sliding block which the player can push out of the way.
I've tried to make the physics additions easy to use so it shouldn't need lengthy demonstrations just the basics. "

Agreed, this has my vote.

Also, Graphix, Lee has done a twitch on LOD which is quite informative, i think he would have no problem with showing how to upgrade old assets.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
twitch broadcasts are always fun but i agree, i would rather see a video after each major (i.e. each new feature added) update where Lee talks about the recent changes and any tweaks we could make (new settings etc) and their effects and also his plans for what will come next (similar to the last video he did, it was nice to see)... this would also have the bonus of not needing to be so often as we already know Lee's time is limited.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2018 11:25
yeah. agree on you both. Sounds like a good deal.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2018 12:32
I would like to see a "Whats New" twitch about what has been added in the DX11 update so far, physics, and a little bit about GitHub for GG new users and what is next on Lee's list of "To Do's"

Maybe a little on some of the newer Lua commands too.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 31st May 2018 12:42
I agree with most f the responses here. We don't need an endless stream of tutorials (it would be nice but not necessary), but what we do need is fairly detailed information about added features and changes, if new LUA commands are added then we need an easy to understand description on how they're used, if new features are added then we need an easy to understand description on how they're used, and so on. A twitch after every update, going through each of the changes or additions would go a long way.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 16:27:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 16:27:50