Product Chat / News from the repo: Memory...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Blacknyt46: Not mush visual as this goes on behind the scene , but you should have ffaster loading times and way less mem use.
And yes the mem stuff is in the PP

Unless you have a special reason for wanting to use the old "pbroverride=0" shaders , i dont see any reason to change it , so just leave it at pbroverride=1. When you set "pbroverride=0" then all non PBR media will use the old shaders.

You can see that you have the memory fixed version , when you have these in the setup.ini:

Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 13:45 Edited at: 9th Jul 2018 15:13
Hi Preben, never be sorry. I do appreciate your time on this as maybe I am doing something wrong. I am not sure.
Checked recording software, and does the same results as video when not being used or any other programs opened. If die or go back to main menu on 1st level it starts to increase gpu usage.

I am going to do a map with no Ebe and test, also I am going to try something I only thought of while away. Sorry for the delay on reply also.
Thanks again, not sure if you will find something. Or something I have missed in the dump file. I included the Setup file in main folder.
However attached the Guru-Game file as it was very long. I gave it a look over, though maybe you have time to see something that may be causing this? My error, or engines I will leave that for you to decide. Will update post after own personal idea test. Thanks.

*Update,
Checked gpu drivers, scanned pc, made sure no additional apps/programs running. Didnt have task manager running in background.
1. Made a very basic map, using 2 stock entities and some grass (min terrain size) with a win zone close to start marker (small map). No AI, no scripts, no Ebe and no gun.
2. End zone loaded into Facility map (reduced ebe version as seen in previous post) and added a win zone to end game.

I noticed when testing earlier, the new level 1 only showed usage up to 1.1 gpu. However in my test. I loaded game, played first level which was walking straight. Loaded into second level, died, loaded, then reached end game marker, back to menu and then opened task manager to find Gpu is at 2.0/2.0 - 0.1 shared.
After checking the first level to 2nd level the gpu usage only dropped by 0.1 ? This is using standalonefreememorybetweenlevels=1 in Setup file of the standalone also. Am I to be expecting more drop in usage? I really have no idea, as the Ebe structures used or not, it does the same results.

Hope this helps, as I can see the Engine is a lot more powerful now just seems like if I had a target audience for a game its limited in current state. Maybe you have some magic eye to find a entity, texture that is causing this issue... again I am personally not sure as I checked the amd forums and sites, that state vsync on will avoid flooding into shared if under load etc. Thank again as all ways.

*Also the Guru-Game file attached (generated data file) if anyone was unsure. Is only from the single level game Standalone.

Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2018 17:51
@Defy, Is your set up file optimized for best settings available?
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
@MK83 , hi. Fresh install, only added lines suggested by Preben . Is there some options I should be changing , looking at. ? Any assistance is appreciated, and I'm sure others may find it helpful also. Thanks.
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2018 09:50
Some great work Preben, thanks for all your work.
Dell Laptop I7-I7500U @ 2.7GHz to 2.9GHz, 16GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:11:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:11:21