Scripts / [SOLVED] How to Permanently rotate a object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2018 04:08 Edited at: 8th May 2018 04:11
I am trying to to permanently rotate a object in gameguru with some code or other way, i know the Scale(e,v) function works permanently and am hoping for something like that. The normal rotation function cant work for me because i have an object that has to make a lot of different rotations and and want to script to be able to work with other objects by making most object im working with's rotation the same such as both must be standing up and facing the same direction before i do anything in the script with rotation. I cant just rotate it in gameguru because then the rotations will be different than others that was normally like that.

Main thing is i want something that can permanently change the rotations of models of gameguru.

For example i want this:

To be like this after placing it down immediately :

when i place the objects in gameguru without scripts. Main thing is i want the rotations of the models to be changed easily without going in a model engine such as blender and and rotating them because i dont know to much about those engines and is afraid ill change the texture when i rotate them.
So is there any way to change their rotation permanently easily.

Thx for any help.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2018 08:06
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
There are rotation values in the .fpe file but I'm not sure if they all work.

Also to make the rotation 'stick' you'll need to make sure physics are off for the entity.

Oh, and the Scale being 'permanent' is actually a bug! Going back to the editor should undo any script induced changes to entity positions.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
roandoom
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thx for the help, I'll try it out today
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:11:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:11:22