Product Chat / GameGuru Loader Beta 1.47

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Beta 1.47:

* Added: Reading of physics flags from map.ele and use the GameGuru setup for all physics.
* Fixed Crosshair was not restored when comming out of water.
* Fixed cascade shadow when using physics and gameguruscale# = 1.
* Mixed all PBR shaders into a single function getPBRshader(shaID,mobile,nolodsupport,cull,anim,alphaclip).
* Removed all external PBR shader files, now using shader from a string.
* Removed physics from decals.
* Converted all decal shaders to string based shaders.
* Enabled transparent from lua on decals "transparent75.lua"-"transparent50.lua" , to control how transparent a decal is.
* Fixed cascade shadows to fit gameguruscale# = 1.
* Added safe zone to cascade camera to stop more flicker.
* Added all desktop shaders into the same shader code PBR and nonPBR, select by if. To reuse shader code and make it easy to maintain.
* Moved terrain shader to string based shader. to reuse cascade shadow shader code.
* Fixed terrain LOD using gameguruscale#=1.
* Moved vegetation shader to string based shader.
* Added contrast and brightness settings to vegetation shader.
* Added physics shockwave explosion.
* NPC now die when to close to a shockwave , explosion.
* New light commands that allow you to stick a dynamic light to a object, even if it moves, also work on NPC.
commands:
addlight155-228-050-200-circle030.lua
addlight000-128-000-100-rnd030.lua
addlight000-128-000-100-noy.lua
addlight128-128-128-050.lua
asslightRRR-GGG-BBB-RANGE-COMMAND.lua values must be in the format using 3 digits for RED-GREEN-BLUE-RANGE.
circle030: will make a dynamic light that circle the object using radius 030
rnd030: will change the intensity randomly at speed 030 , god for fire...
noy: will place the light in the exact center of the object.

* Added more general/global light , to be able to better control contrast/brightness , gives way better overall visuals.
* Decreased skybox bloom trigger so it limit bloom after additional global light.
* Increased PBR ambient so non pbr and pbr have the same amount.
* Added player jumping.
* New settings added: enablephysics,physicsIgnoreFoliage,explosionRange#,explosionStrength#,enablePlayerJumping,playerJumpHeight#
* Added code to release gun from hand of NPC when they are dead. ( not on by default ) as we are missing a collisionmesh for the gun for now. Can still be used if you just want to be able to pickup NPC weapon/ammo.
* Added setting terrainPolygonReduction
* Terrain polygon reduction , allow you to replace part of terrain with planes , or just remove unused terrain. ( Automated ).

Beta can be downloaded from your daily3d.com account. When i get some feedback it will be released to everyone.

With all this done, i should have some time to make some GameGuru stuff again
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 15:41
Wow that’s a lot of work done there again very nice,now get back to Game Guru

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 16:22
Some one has been busy.
Great stuff.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2018 20:37 Edited at: 28th Apr 2018 16:36
Does GG Loader support import of character creator npc's?

Edit - Just got it on Steam but I don't see it listed in my apps list. I forgot to click download when I first purchased Now seem to be unable to find it, although Steam says I have it installed

Edit - Found it. For anyone else having this issue it is installed as DLC for AGK rather than GG.

Sitting waiting for files to convert at the moment. Still not sure if CC characters can be used?

Edit

Wow, amazed there's no answer at all as yet, things must have really slowed down round here again.

So far I have not managed to get this utility working correctly at all. I've used the GUI and waited the many hours of conversion to find nothing working apart from what seems a demo map. Tried again with the recommended boxes deselected, but again nothing but a demo map. Tried extracting the entire thing again with a different map selected and no joy at all, the same demo map again.

Getting kind of cheesed off now, all I have managed so far is to eat a massive chunk of my HDD and wasted a lot of time I bought it mainly to quickly convert GG objects for use in AGK and get the shader support, not so much getting GG levels in, but it would be nice to get working, as that is the main point of the app.

This must work or TGC would never have took it on board as official DLC. I have followed the instructions to the letter and have had zero luck. What on earth am I doing wrong? Where is the app supposed to copy the map stuff? I can find no sign in any of the folders listed in the gui after extraction.

Surely there must be someone besides Preben about who has had it working okay?

Tried to grab a screenshot of the demo map but seem to only get a black screen. I must be doing something wrong here but I am struggling to see it.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Still having issues getting GG loader to load any map. The only extra info I can provide is the error it brings up before the demo map loads up.

Failed: gameguru/map.ent
Failed: gameguru/map.ele

GG loaders instructions said it would copy all relevant files automatically, but as said above I can't see any map files and such, just media.

I wouldn't normally double post, but I have been waiting for some suggestions for awhile now I must be doing something wrong but so far can't see what and I have avoided just copying files about for now, as the instructions do not mention you having to.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
So sorry DVader did not notice this before now !

Anyway the problem is your GUI settings, could you please post a screenshot of you settings and we get it fixed asap.

BTW: if you need quick support just email me plemsoft@plemsoft.com , been working on tons of stuff lately so not often checked here.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2018 12:42 Edited at: 1st May 2018 12:43
No problem, I made the double post to bump it up again in hopes it would help

I've included a picture of the current settings here for now so any others having this issue can find an answer

Can I ask if CC characters will transfer over btw? If not are there plans to get this to work?

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2018 13:09 Edited at: 1st May 2018 13:17
Quote: "Can I ask if CC characters will transfer over btw? If not are there plans to get this to work?"

Not currently i will see if i can get them going
Edit: forgot to say , that the CC characters media is converted and can be used in AGK , ( just not out of the box ) you find it here: c:\AGK GGConverted Media\characterkit\

Your missing the \files\ in the top path.

Also you entered "MovieStudio" in the last path , This is where the AGK temp folder is located , this name "MovieStudio" should match the name of the folder name of the source code "As set in "Select your GG Loader folder" , but i cant see what you have there ?

But if you did not rename the source code folder name "ggloader" , then "MovieStudio" should say "ggloader".

What do you have in "Select your GG Loader folder" ?

Attachments

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, I just went to the root GG folder, missed the files part. That is easy enough to fix

I thought that the temp folder would be just the location it copes everything to. I have a folder called GGloader146 in my project folder, which is where I have been looking.

This is what I have in the GGloader folder section.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\DLC\GameGuru Loader\
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes but AGK is a little crazy with temp folders , it create a sandbox so it can only read from the apps folder , that is needed to make AGK run on all those platforms.

But lets do this:

Add the "\files\" to the top path.

"Select Output Folder (GameGuruTmp):": is fine so keep that.

"Select your GameGuru Level (Mapbank)": also fine what ever you select ( just a .fpm).

"Select your GG Loader folder": , this should point to your project folder with the source code so:
To make it work the first time so you know where everything goes , Rename your project folder from "GGloader146" to "ggloader" And select this folder into this path. ( this is also where your GG level data will go , directly into the source code so you can just run it ).

"Select GGLoader temporay Folder (AppData)": should then point to:
C:\User\Ryzen 1700\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\

Thats it.

--
The easy way to make the new settings work , is to delete the generated files from the last convert and convert everything again, using the new settings:

But if you think you know where everything should go you could also rename the already created folders.
So what your currently have in "c:\AGK GGConverted Media\Files\" should be located in "c:\AGK GGConverted Media\".
And the entitybank folder created in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\DLC\GameGuru Loader\" should be moved to "C:\User\Ryzen 1700\AppData\Local\AGKApps\ggloader\entitybank\".
--

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i can confirm GG loader works fine but it definitely can be confusing as hell the first few times you use it as it's really doing way more than just opening your GG project in AGK... though once it's done and you get used to it it only requires you to change 1 or 2 boxes to convert the new projects.
here is a quick break down of the boxes/options i did for someone a while back
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I had to leave my machine running overnight this time, it takes a hell of a long time to chew through the media (I have about 48 gig of it). This time round though success! Thanks for the help. I think the main issue I had here was confusing the GGloader folder in my AGK projects folder and the GGloader folder in AGK's DLC folder. You may want to specify that in the instructions so people don't make the same mistake as me

Thanks smallg, worth adding to the thread even though I seem to have it working okay (crosses fingers) It can be a little confusing with all those directories and the wait while it converts is a long one even on a pretty modern machine. I think it took about 6 to 7 hours on my machine, which is a gutter when you realise you have to do it over again! 3rd time was the charm in the end.

So far working a treat, at least walking round the level it makes Now I have to work out how to use it in AGK to actually start my project. I imagine I can move any of the entities around in AGK once they have been loaded in? I actually am planning a management thing so won't need much of a static map apart from some scenery. I mostly want to add objects I want to use from GG and then use them for placing down entities in game via cloning etc.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
You won't need to do it again now though unless you removed the converted media or get new hard drive etc, it will use the same media for new projects... But yh, would be much nicer if agk and GG used the same file formats

And yes once the map is loaded in agk you are free to do as you wish, you can remove prebens code in the main loop without any adverse effects (he mostly has stuff for supporting GG scripts there but you may want to keep the shader and particle updates, though removing them won't crash the game).
The easiest way to find something from your GG map in GG loader code is via the lua script name (the scripts don't really need to exist if you have them as static or just don't run GG) which will then let you get the model ID, preben has code that does it quite often so I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, I'll check it out once I have a level more ready, will need to have control of all the models and such when the game gets started properly. I'll definitely want the shaders, as that was another reason I bought this tool, to access some decent shader stuff with as little fuss as possible Amazing how flat and plain things look with just a diffuse. Shadows as well add that little more modern feel So far even with the new DX11 version AGK seems to be running a fair bit better as well

I'm finding weird shadows glitches or bands appearing on buildings from certain distances at the mo. They look fine from afar but get close and the bands appear and dance over the buildings. I can't take a screenshot at present as printscreen doesn't seem to work with it. I'm using the excellent alley house models by Pasquill. All looks (well, mostly ok) in GG but in AGK they have this issue.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 12:12 Edited at: 2nd May 2018 12:15
DVader:
Quote: "I'm finding weird shadows glitches"

If you look at the first post, the shadows has been fixed, for physics to work everything is the world is scaled to better fit the physics system. so i also fixed the shadows to follow the new scale of the world , if you like to get the beta version just sent me a e-mail and i will sent it to you , but i think the new release is very near now

Also im not sure what you like to do "management system", but if you get problems just email.

Also the new version has a improved "edit" system , where you can select object using the mouse , like in a editor , not sure if that is part of a "management system"

Yes like smallg say - the best way is to make your own main loop and just drop whatever is in the current main loop, and only add what you need , perhaps just use a (#include "management.agc" ) just before the main loop, and make all your code inside that file, this will also allow you to upgrade to new GG Loader version without problems , just insert the #include "management.agc" and your running on the latest version.

BTW: that reminds me of the super cool flashlight smallg made using GG Loader , VR and using his Vive.

Imagine smallg standing there with his Vive on the head, and pointing his hands around to use the flashlight , so cool!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah nice to know, I thought the version above would be the version on Steam, but that's fair enough. I can probably wait if it isn't going to be long, I can always mail you if I get to the point where the flickering is driving me mad

When I say management system I mean I won't be doing a FPS game, it will be a management game There's never anything decent about these days in that style. Just real basic phone apps mainly which are normally rubbish. There's plenty of 3D shooters already I'm planning to design the location map using GGloader and then the rest will all be down to placing stuff in AGK.

I'm very impressed with it now it's working ;p Looking forward to the update by the sounds.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:30:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:30:19