Product Chat / Latest Update - Equals OUCH!

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 10:57
OK all my own fault. I know convention has stated that we should use graphic files in the binary manner 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2046 ETC although we start at 256 for graphic files for obvious reasons. And up to around two years ago I stuck rigidly to the rule with the variations that were involved (smaller N and S files as an example).

Then I drifted from the rules mainly because I could. I found that the coding in GG wasn't applying these rules and that I could basically use graphics say 1110 x 956 and there was no problem (perhaps it may have slowed the engine but I could not measure that).

Now the OUCH!

The latest version seems to have reapplied the rules with a vengeance. If the graphic is not the right aspect ratio requirements then the model simply does not appear. So really my own fault.

Not yet done an assessment of the amount of work needed to put it right. Clearly all models pre 2016 are Ok as are many post that period.

Oh well.....
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 11:22
Oh my god, I hope it wasn't all your models.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 11:50
No as I said above just some. I estimate around 20% so will take time to put right. I will just post on a thread as each is completed and can be downloaded.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 12:15 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 12:26
Hi, grobyken I have noticed when I downloaded your free items at lot of them don't show up complete
i.e the , Water Tower, Walls, Old_Garage, Medieval Collection, Egyption Collection, Derelic_Houses, to name just a few.
after a week of trying to find out why? .......... I did, if you open the textures in gimp 2.8 all the textures
are only showing the transparency layer not the actual image. I have managed to get 95% of the
free content working. There is a few even with the fix to textures still will not work, for some reason
the model will only show 1 texture although it has 2 or more textures. If you like I can re-up the
items I have fixed for you saving you some time, let me know.

PS I found a couple of models missing mesh's also - Egyption Collection Kingswalk long curve tunnel inside ceiling mesh
is missing. also the Tunnel_1 Big Room_1- outta roof edge mesh missing, so from inside model in game GG two beams
of light casts across model from nowhere.
PM
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 15:07
Hi Super Clark

Sorry cannot get any problems with the first lot you list above apart from where there is a problem with texture sizes. I have loaded two models into GG latest version and had no problem (see pictures). Many of these early free models were put up with jpg textures.

With regards to the Egyptian models I will need to look at these as they have the texture problem I mentioned in my first post.

Oh well lots of work to do

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 17:17
Ok m8, well I have fixed most anyways.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok m8, well I have fixed most anyways. "

So cant you pass them back to grobyken.
Save him some work
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
I can confirm that indeed something is missing in the Egyptian pack. When I click on a item, it doesn't show up in the editor. I didn't bother to bring it up on here, since they were free and I thought maybe it was on my end. Grobyken, the models are Awesome by the way.
Jim C
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 12:54 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 13:35
SuperClark
Quote: "items I have fixed for you saving you some time, let me know.
"

synchromesh
Quote: "So cant you pass them back to grobyken.
Save him some work"

grobyken as requested I post the fixed models in the FREE forum.. I have already started posting.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Indeed power of 2 texture sizes are faster on some systems and are mandatory for most phones these days. Most modern PC graphics cards can handle either with little difference, but an ipad or android needs them to function. This may be linked to the latest shaders and support for AGK equivalents or of course a move to help maintain speed. I would doubt DX11 itself imposes this limitation.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 14:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 14:31:38