Product Chat / GameGuru receives a major update!

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 16:01 Edited at: 17th Apr 2018 16:03
TheGameCreators today announced the long-awaited release of the newly upgraded graphics engine for GameGuru, giving everyone the ability to render their games using Physically Based Rendering (PBR) shaders for improved visuals and thanks to DirectX 11, improved frame rates.

For more information, visit the official release blog: https://www.game-guru.com/news-post/gameguru-directx-11-pbr-major-update

As always, work will continue immediately on any issues that will come up when the rest of the non-PP community try out the upgrade to DirectX 11 and I dare say I will be here quite a lot answering questions and directing uses to our new issues tracker (https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues). There are some issues surrounding third person games on the tracker that I will be looking at this week, in addition to some performance and further stability work, but please do let us know if you find anything, especially urgent items!

As a special treat, I will also be resurrecting the Twitch Broadcast for one special hour at 4:20PM BST (in about 15 minutes) today to go over the new update and give a general overview and answer any questions you might have. The broadcast has not been widely advertised, but if you miss it you can find it on our YouTube channel this evening. The Twitch Channel will be: https://www.twitch.tv/gamegurulee

Until I hit the air, I hope your move to the DirectX 11 update goes smoothly, and if you find that your card only goes up to DirectX 9, you can continue using the build you had before by simply going to the beta tab and selecting "Public-Release-LastDX9" option.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Congratulations !! And a big thank you to yourself Lee and everyone else who was involved.
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 17:01
Awesome graphics! Although the uzi is a bit green.
You should improve sound, now. It really needs an upgrade.
Here, there and everywhere.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 17:19 Edited at: 17th Apr 2018 17:20
Never mind
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 17:26
Her we go ,well done guys

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 17:28
Well done been a long long upgrade but well worth it thank you to all who helped get us this far amazing
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 17:49
Today is a beautiful day
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 19:42
It runs very well and looks very good, Congratulations Lee, this is a huge improvement.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 22:19 Edited at: 17th Apr 2018 22:32
Finally! First time everything is on highest and I get stable 40FPS, no lag, no slow down, no overheat but smooth and silent PBR glory. Looks fantastic and plays great.
This update make me want to use GG.

Too bad I'm not a 3D artist though, would be nice some more complete asset packs and by complete I mean something that in quality, detail and style fit together and cover a complete theme with characters, weapons, buildings, furnitures, textures, GUI..etc Instead of having "weapon" and "character" and that sort of small additions time to time from random artists, would be nice to see "game packs" that essentially meant to cover a complete game with assets that fit together in style and detail and those "game packs" could eventually receive small "weapon", "enemy" and that sort of small additions time to time that fit in with the rest of the staff...How about that?
I would be interested in futuristic and fantasy themes and some more weapons. The PBR UZI looks great but old, can I have a Jedi sword in multiple colours please? It would look great with the lighting and reflections on metallic and glossy surfaces...

Really nice work otherwise!
Thanks a lot.
PM
KillerVenomGames
Years of Service
User Offline
my version comes up with error code whats going on please
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2018 23:37
Quote: "my version comes up with error code whats going on please"

This isn't very helpful, you need to post a screenshot of the error or at least copy and paste the text of the error so we know what it is.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 04:28
I am very excited!
It's so pretty !
Worth the wait.

Thanks!
ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970-4GB - Windows 10 64bit
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 05:15 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 05:16
Just for the record ....sHn33Ky's Here!!!!:

I'm liking everything.....we're gonna have to talk about this new water-tint ????

Just want to say thanks to Lee & the team .... #IrvineCalifornia

...Let's DU-Dis-Thang!!!!
Processor: Intel(R) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit Operating System,x64-based processor

Start the day by righting your wrongs then end you day right so you don't have to do it again tomorrow ...

sHn33Ky
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 11:18
This is what I have been waiting for, PBR makes the entities look so much more real.

As an entity developer though should I carry on making the models in PBR and standard or just go for PBR, my thoughts are both until we are sure that this is going to be OK.

Andrew...
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 16:07
@TazMan : The system is pretty smart, and you can provide both DNS texture set and PBR texture set with the same entity, and based on whether the user has PBROVERRIDE set, they can have it in both non-PBR and PBR. Also, if the user is running PBR, and it finds an older DNS textured model, it will still render it using the PBR system, it just won't have the extra metalness, gloss and AO maps that make it even better.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Mortt
Years of Service
User Offline
This is AWESOME. In caps.
The fat zombies. So much like movie stuff.
A close of the face of a fat zombie is awesome.
Load and runs so mauch faster than before.

Sound issues with some items Like guns , Scar, Typhoon and others.
Uzi is awesome however.

Nice work.
PS. It now AAA.
(Custom) Intel i7 3.3 Mhz. 16 GB fast ram. EVGA Nvidia 1050 Ti 4GB. Dell US27 2560 x 1440. Dell 24 1920 x 1080. Awesome.
Next G. Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card.
Would Like EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why will the water colour not change ? Each time there is an update we get the milky blue water so I saved my edited water_basic.fx because I was getting sick of adjusting it, yet again we are back to the milky blue and no mater what I do it won't change."

Wait for Corno_1's work to be implemented.
Its been submitted ... you can have what you like then
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 19:14 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 21:13
now what. how do i fix this. ?

AND this is only one of the problems i have now .

this is after the major update
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 20:59 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 21:00
Quote: "Typical GameGuru, no information given until you ask."

Umm well not in this case ... I read the thread posted here by corno_1 and tested it ..

Quote: "yet again we are back to the milky blue "

Well lets face it ... if water officially got addressed that would have been inevitable .. Is this what would suit you ?

PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 21:11
@synchromesh that's very nice, when do you think we would have it. ?
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "that's very nice, when do you think we would have it. ?"

Firstly just to be clear .. This is Corno_1's work
He has submitted it ..That's all I know but its a nice leap for the water
PM
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 23:19 Edited at: 18th Apr 2018 23:28
Quote: "Umm well not in this case ... I read the thread posted here by corno_1 and tested it ..
"

Bully for you, not everyone reads all posts, again it's a case of something working one day then not working the next with no documentation or explanation so the user has to find out by experimentation and I now can't enter the PBR comp because the water looks awful.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 00:13 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 00:40
Quote: "Bully for you, not everyone reads all posts"

Excuse me !!

Firstly this wouldn't be in any documentation ... That was my point ... Bod moaned when I mentioned it
Quote: "again it's a case of something working one day then not working the next "

That's what happens with Beta's and Previews ... You should know that by now or stick to the retails .. Then you only have to complain once that something doesn't work and that's on release day ( over 6 months later in this case ) and not as the " preview or Beta's " are updated ..
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 00:40 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 00:58
If you change any shader, including any parameters in settings.fx or anything set in water_basic.fx (including if you replace the whole file with a back-up of a version you like), then you have to recompile the shaders by setting

forceloadtestgameshaders=1 (in setup.ini)

When you do this, GG will sit for a while when you start it as it compiles the shaders (before you can load a map), then again when you run test game. After that set forceloadtestgameshaders back to =0 (in setup.ini) and save setup.ini. When you exit and re-run GG there will be no delay and the shaders will have been re-compiled with new settings. The shader files that are picked up are suffixed .blob and are pre-compiled to save editor and load time.

Not sure how many time I've written this, but not everyone reads all posts

EDIT: sometimes I've noticed the water_basic.fx doesn't re-compile even when you do the above - so if that happens delete the water_basic.blob file and then it will.

Cheers.
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 00:44 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 00:45

syncromesh.
So this long awaited major update stuff is just a beta, just because you are a mod doesn't make you always right, you don't tell me what I should be using, wind you neck in, if something no longer works we should be told, a simple included read me file would do, we don't all spend half our lives reading everything on the forum.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 01:00 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 01:13
Quote: "So this long awaited major update stuff is just a beta, "

No but all the updates have only been on the PP and Betas ... The official launch and first time seeing it for many was yesterday . The retail hasn't really had any updates for 6 months ..

Quote: "don't tell me what I should be using, wind you neck"

I haven't .. its a suggestion if you not happy with continuous Updates and things working one update but not the next .

Quote: "if something no longer works we should be told, a simple included read me file would do, "

Things in public previews and betas are disabled all the time .. Its often in Test mode and many functions don't work .. That's made clear from the start. Hence only use the PP or Beta if your commited. The retail however stays the same ..

Quote: "we don't all spend half our lives reading everything on the forum."

Obviously not ... Especially the forum rules !!
But I can help you there ..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 09:26 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 09:26
Quote: "Like our latest banned user ........................ I only found this out because I "moaned" on the forum"

The difference here is you complained politely and considerately, whereas the banned guy was being rude and belligerent, and i guess has a history of doing so.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 09:34 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 21:39
Quote: "I was under the impression the latest release was no longer a PP"

The latest release is the full release ...
But 3 days ago it wasn't If that makes sense .... It has been updated constantly this last 6 months with additions added, taken away, disabled and enabled so Lee just cannot tell everyone everything in readme's but at some point it becomes the full release ..The nature of Beta's and Previews .. No Biggie

There really was no problem ... After informing you about Corno_1's work you said

Quote: "Typical GameGuru, no information given until you ask. "

I just replied..

Quote: "Umm well not in this case ... I read the thread posted here by corno_1 and tested it .. "

In other words it wasn't announced or hidden information or something Lee forgot to inform us about or if he even knew about it.
I found out by accident as well and was passing the info to you .... I have no problem with you.

No idea why JonRobbo went off on or interfered but his comments here were " Not " why he got banned.
Things escalated via his own means unfortunately.
Anyway .. Back to the video.. would this feature be what your looking for ?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It looks like a great feature to have and as it uses sliders in the level settings I assume we could have different water in each level."

No reason why not ... There's even a tides.lua scripts doing the rounds which would add to the effect of each level
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It looks like a great feature to have and as it uses sliders in the level settings I assume we could have different water in each level."

You can have different water even in a single level with the lua commands I added a script with which you can change the water and read out the values, then you can save them and use them in a triggerzone to create for example green water inside and blue outside
It is my first thing ever in C++ so do not expect it is completely bug free
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You can have different water even in a single level with the lua commands I added a script with which you can change the water and read out the values, then you can save them and use them in a triggerzone to create for example green water inside and blue outside "

This is even more impressive now ..
Something we have been after for ages ... I remember Teabone comparing water features to X10 and wanting it in GG ..
I though then he had high hopes How wrong was I ... You have nailed it
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "cybernescence : Not sure how many time I've written this, but not everyone reads all posts "

LOL ... Just noticed that
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 22:51
hi there! i have just seen this on facebook and i will give it a try! i just came back here to tell you
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2018 23:32
@Corno_1

great contribution. I can't see why Lee wouldn't include it in the next release.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2018 00:28 Edited at: 20th Apr 2018 00:28
Hi there nuncio
Welcome back ... Funny thing ... Me and Myke were talking about you earlier this evening ..
All good things and wondering what engine you were playing with now
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, whats the new file settings? for illumination etc. Is it still metalness. Instuctions please.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
alfred x10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2018 21:53
Hi,

Did not work very well, when open GameGuru appear error mensage "Runtime Error: 0 : Cannot initialize Directx 11."
My computer is windows 10, directx 12. Will i have to switch to Directx 11?

Sci Fi World
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2018 22:37 Edited at: 20th Apr 2018 22:37
Quote: "My computer is windows 10, directx 12. Will i have to switch to Directx 11?"

Normally windows 10 come with directx11.3 and directx12, because directx12 is not so common for 3D Tools
You should really try to install it again: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Something is defect at your setup.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Something is defect at your setup."

Agreed its a Windows issue. Somethings not right .
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
It's very exciting to see another Twitch broadcast. They were my favourite TV show. I missed them. I hope they are truly back.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2018 09:03
Also Alfred, what graphics card are you using? A couple of peoplease Ave had the same issueffect and it turned out their gpu isn't dx11 capable. Windows 10 is dx11 capable but if your card isn't it still won't work.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
alfred x10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2018 15:23
Corno_1, i've already tried install, but system say that i have install updated version of directx.
Sci Fi World
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2018 17:44
for me now i have the last ati radeon 1080 ti 11gb, but when i load the default levels i dont see nothing new, the only new thing i see in this last update of gg is speed, but what about the default maps why those maps are not updatd to pbr ?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2018 18:29
Quote: "ati radeon 1080 ti "

Erm, that does not exists, I assume you mean Nvidia 1080ti, ATI Radeon are AMD cards

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but what about the default maps why those maps are not updatd to pbr ?"

Just the BigEscape level is updated to PBR and this just on high settings.(default medium)

But I hope too that at least the theme dlcs get some updates. (valley, scifi, fantasy)
Thread and Download
PM
alfred x10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 19:45
Unfortunately my problem can not be solved. I will have to unstall GameGuru and stop using it.
Sci Fi World
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 19:52
hi Alfred x10 what is your computer specifications more specifically what graphics card do you have ?
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 22:23
Wow, the water sliders would be a great addon!
I hope we see it soon in one of the next releases. Awesome work!
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Unfortunately my problem can not be solved."

Did you post your Gfx card specs ?
PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Now that PBR is done and we got some eye candy maybe now we can get that custom animated character importer??? AGK already has a great frame veiwer, maybe change that one and add a frame editor etc.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:09:47