Product Chat / Weird Fireweapons changes in pp 2018-04-12

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
All observed in Morning Mountain Stroll with the latest PP

1) The Rocket men now seem to be shooting Wizard's fireballs instead of rockets ?
On the other hand, the "projectiles" seemingly now are usually hitting where they are aimed at (I always used to be annoyed that rockets fired by me more often than not missed their targets, impertinently passing right through opponents, failing to hit objects - which really couldn't be missed - near opponents, or exploding at the very feet of opponents without distributing damage to the opponent.
But the damage dealt out to the player if he is hit seems to have diminshed ?

Can we have the old rockets back, with the new accuracy applied, please?

2) Shotguns now taking down enemies at 50+ meters distance ?
The damage dealt out by the former shotguns always seemed too small to me, anything over 6m distance seemed to render the weapon almost totally useless - I'm no weapons expert, but that is unsatisfying.

Now, the shotgun seems to be working more like a rifle, even over a distance, which is way too much.
I think this needs adjustment., something like 3 shots at 10m shoul kill the average opponent, 1 shot at 3m distance should
almost kill him or kill him only just.

And, btw, I'm not sure if a shotgun fired at two opponents standing close to another really hits both instead of only one;
it should, in my opinion.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Core i7 4710 QM GTX 980 MQ 16GB RAM Win7
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2018 12:07
The first is a bug, fixed for the new 2018.04.14 PP build just released. The second is more interesting, and if you would like to modify the shotgun gunspec.txt file and send me what you feel the shotgun should do, I can do a compare and check with my weapons expert to see if a change should be made. Thanks!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 14:22:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 14:22:56