Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 09:31
UE4 textures look like this hopefully so will ours one day

Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 11:04
Quote: "one day "

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 13:39 Edited at: 12th Apr 2018 13:42
To be fair, the first video is a cut scene/movie intro, it probably wasn't actually done in Unreal, more likely some dedicated cgi software like Daz or something produced that in a movie format, which is played by the engine, and the second video the graphics i can see aren't too far off what we have now with a few tweaks, especially now that preben has added some options on the shader you can tweak to make it render closer to UE4. Also, the lighting/baking system they use is not UE4, it's a custom lighting system they have had developed for them which plugs into UE4.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 01:03 Edited at: 13th Apr 2018 01:33
Actually you would be hard put to find any game which has cutscenes not rendered in the engine when it comes to UE and Unity, both have dedicated sequencers to create just these and both have several examples floating around of real time cinematic renderings, which display their capabilities to do just that with no sign of any gameplay and they are in fact short films.

Game engines (at least the top ones) have been allowing studios to sideline Maya and Max for years now in favour of in game cinematics.... DAZ studio is a toy and the notion that a AAA company would consider using it to create cutscenes is probably the same as suggesting they used GameGuru to make their last big game

So far you got pretty basic PBR capable shaders going on for GameGuru the difference between these and shaders written for UE are light years apart and you wont ever get close to that quality. Plus the fact that their post processing shaders are cinematic to say the least. Don't get me wrong, to the untrained eye it might not seem such a big deal but at this point GameGuru isn't even close to achieving this graphic fidelity no matter how hard you tweak things. Doesn't mean you won't create something nice with it but you will never see jaw dropping graphics that's for sure
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 06:24 Edited at: 13th Apr 2018 06:27
Yeah I know dazzling isent a AAA software, it was just the only movie rendering software I could think of that most people would know the name of without having to explain, the industry ones are pretty obscure to layman because most of them are in housearch proprietary ones.

I didnt know that they had added cinematic rendering to UE4, looks good. Although looking through some of the more recent games released I'm still seeing most of them use the tag line "not in game footage" and listing proprietary cinematic engine in theIreland credits. Doesn't mean they don't use it though, juSt means I might not be looking at the right games.

As to graphics, yes UE4 is light years aheaday, but what I was saying wasn't that they weren't, I was saying that the graphics shown in the video for that game weren't, or at least from that video don't appear to be.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Still natural to make the opening part look much better than the actual game as its the part most often seen by potential customers and you can definitely still see the difference between game play and cinematic sequences however it's getting much closer and that's great
The mirror scene reminds me of the new tomb raider games and they look great while playing so I wouldn't be surprised to see something visually very similar.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you can definitely still see the difference between game play and cinematic sequences however it's getting much closer and that's great "

Been watching the new god of war game for ps4 and they apparently use the same camera for the entire game (no fade to black or transitions for loading screens or cut scene type areas), everything looks the same and it looks great, really impressive.
So maybe I was wrong and we are already at a point where games can skip making cut scenes (though I still think they have a purpose such as being used to hide loading times).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 18:41
A lot can be done with 64 bit access to more memory
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2018 20:35 Edited at: 28th Apr 2018 21:06
Quote: "So maybe I was wrong and we are already at a point where games can skip making cut scenes (though I still think they have a purpose such as being used to hide loading times)."

You can load asynchronously in the background, entire levels and scenes can be loaded and unloaded into existing levels/scenes on the fly, streaming is nothing new nowadays and how you achieve infinite open procedural worlds . You can do it by 'slicing into grids and loading/unloading neighbour areas or as I said above even loading areas and scenes directly into existing ones.

Hacked this for a Reloaded comp entry where entire areas were hidden and shown using triggers but it was just that....a hack workaround using entity id numbers.

Without proper manual control over sectors and portals and no background loading and unloading you will run into problems with memory limits as all the game media is constantly loaded from the start so streaming is the way to go. If your using levels you really don't even need cutscenes to hide the load time since the engine started loading this up and dropping out the old one several seconds ago in the background and the cutscene is merely a story vehicle and not a method of concealment as it used to be in the olde days.
Depends on how large the levels are but with clever design you can do this easily and load times are non-existent.

Sometimes you got no choice and require a cutscene to hide if loading a very large area, games like Witcher3 do this when you 'fast travel' as your literally dropping out an entire level area and loading up an entire new one on a button press so there is no time for asynchronous loading, but for games that don't use 'fast travel' everything can be fairly continuous and fluent and the world can be 'infinite'.

Of course static and dynamic batching of assets can help immensely with performance and memory load too, but unfortunately is another thing you are unlikely to see in GG, though it is a required feature of 'other' engines. Couple all this with proper frustum and occlusion culling and you got blazing fast games.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Of course static and dynamic batching of assets can help immensely with performance and memory load too, but unfortunately is another thing you are unlikely to see in GG, though it is a required feature of 'other' engines. Couple all this with proper frustum and occlusion culling and you got blazing fast games."

Never say never , im working on all these memory issues , so it will come to a GG near you shortly

BTW: all the Adam assets are now available for download:
https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/04/11/assets-from-adam-episode-2-and-3-now-available-for-creators-to-explore-on-the-unity-asset-store/

It should be running on a GTX 1060 at 30 fps , i wish i had that kind of low expectations for performance , that would allow for tons of great shader effects ,rolfy: we miss your creative creations around here , when are you coming back to good old GG ?
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
danielsimon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for letting me know about Adam assets Preben.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:46:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:46:30