Product Chat / Please help: GG does not start

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 21:23
GG does not start, "Path cannot Be Found" ... "Path: Terrainbank " after clicking accept, a new poster appears warning: Runtime Error:8003 (). The folder is in place, I already reviewed the files with Steam and even deleted the root of the folder / Game Guru so that Steam could replace the files and nothing ... the same thing always happens. Many thanks in advance !!!!
A Big Hug
Warlock
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 22:26
I had the same problem a few days ago, I reloaded 1.4 then reloaded Public Previeuw, and it's gone again

Intel Pentium CPU G3220 3.000 GHz , 8 GB Ram , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 2GB , Windows 10 64-bit.
GameGuru , S2Engine HD , Shoot EM Up , CopperCube 5 , Clicteam Fusion 2.5 , Platfinity .

warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 22:33
Ty JPH ... I'll try loading the public ... I did not use it because I handled the textures strangely ... but if it works ... I'll see what else ... thank you very much for the data!
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 00:24
Nop.... dont work... Mmm... is bad,
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Try verifying via steam and a reboot ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 03:08
Ty sincro... I did it three times already ... the only thing that I need now is to uninstall and install ... tomorrow I will do it, with my internet service it is a setback ... but it is the alternative that remains ... again GRacias Sincro!
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Good luck with this, let us know how you go after a reinstall.
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you downloaded any new terrain or made any changes?
Also check the skyboxes.
Perhaps just remove those folders and then try verifying by steam.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
You could just rename your " Files" folder to " Files2 "
Then Verify again ... This will replace with a new files folder solving the problem ( Hopefully )
and also keep your old one so you can copy what you want back
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 14:51
While I'm getting angry with GG ... I never would either with the community or with Lee ... ha ha ha. There is a large community here, a big family ... Are you going to keep treating me when I go to Unity ??? ha ha ha is a joke ... at the most I'll go back to FPSC and grumble about its terrible consumption of RAM ... I have uninstalled GG and reinstalled ... Fixed records ... that is everything to zero, the only thing that lack is to format the PC and it is a last resort that I leave for when the system no longer works ... I hate to format ...
Thank you very much guys, I'll keep seeing what can be done.
Small, if I had some boxes added and modified others ... Sincro ... I think that with uninstalling GG that would be more ..
Well ... I thank everyone for the good disposition !!!!
A hug!

Si bien me estoy enojando con GG... nunca lo haria ni con la comunidad ni con Lee... ja ja ja. Hay una gran comunidad aquí, una gran familia... ¿Me van a seguir tratando cuando me vaya a Unity??? ja ja ja es chiste... a lo sumo volveré a FPSC y rezongar con su terrible consumo de RAM... He desinstalado GG y vuelto a instalar... Reparado registros... o sea todo a cero, lo único que me falta es formatear el PC y es un último recurso que dejo para cuando el sistema ya no funciona... Odio formatear...
Desde ya muchas gracias chicos, seguieré viendo que se puede hacer.
Small, si tenia algunos palcos agregados y modificados otros... Sincro... creo que con desinstalar GG eso estaría de mas..
Bien... Agradezco a todos la buena predisposición!!!!
Un abrazo!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 15:07 Edited at: 10th Apr 2018 15:08
Have you restarted the PC since the update?

To be honest, a path not found when the path is clearly there usually means something is wrong on your PC.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 15:13 Edited at: 10th Apr 2018 15:15
Scrub that, i just read your other posts.

You have FPSC instealled?

There used to be an issue that caused exactly the same message when you had both GG and FPSC installed, you had to instal FPSC first, then completely close it down, and then install GameGuru.

So try uninstalling both GG and FPSC, then install FPSC, run it once and close it down, then install GameGuru and see if it runs.

The same error can also occur if you try and copy some files from fpsc to gameguru by moving them dirctly, you haven't tried to use any fpsc sky or terrain in gameguru have you?

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 15:23
Belidos! So long!!! I reinstated GG a few moments ago and everything remains the same ... the same error of the path of terrainbank. I already learned that I'm not the only one who has gone through it, some resolved it as Granada ... and others who knows? I will follow your advice before trying another engine ... what I will miss most is the community ... many times I do not interact, but I always read your post and even laugh with you ... some like Lobo ... they have a very special mood ... ha ha ha

Belidos!!! Tanto tiempo!!! Reinstalé hace unos momentos al GG y todo sigue igual... el mismo error del path de terrainbank. Ya me enteré que no soy el único que ha pasado por ello, algunos lo resolvieron como Granada... y otros quién sabe? Voy a seguir su consejo antes de probar otro motor... lo que más voy a extrañar es la comunidad... muchas veces no interactúo, pero simpre leo sus post e incluso me rio con ustedes... algunos como Lobo... tienen un humor muy especial... ja ja ja
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 15:52 Edited at: 10th Apr 2018 15:55
Maybe this will fix it:
copy the gameguru folder direct under your harddrive like C://GameGuru.
and deinstall FPSC. If you want to use FPSC, use the zip from the GitHub page. GG and FPSC have some source code in common. So maybe some registry keys are the same.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 16:01
Thank Corno! I will also try that!
A Big Hug!
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 17:21
People ... I have no alternative but to format the team at some point ... when I need it ... And until then I will have a GG vacation, but we will return ... Projects will stand on standby. Do not worry, I'll keep walking through the forum, it's a habit
A GREAT hug to all!
JPH-GAMES
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 22:06
I wish you a good success with this

Intel Pentium CPU G3220 3.000 GHz , 8 GB Ram , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 2GB , Windows 10 64-bit.
GameGuru , S2Engine HD , Shoot EM Up , CopperCube 5 , Clicteam Fusion 2.5 , Platfinity .
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 22:45
When I used to be in the software writing business we sometimes came across a situation where a user suddenly said his/her copy of one of our programs had stopped working. This always came down to a third party piece of software that had grabbed control of a certain file type (usually graphic file types, jpg, gif, bmp ETC) or forcing an install of an older dll or something..

This caused our software's error catch to report an unsolvable error call and close down. All down to bad third-party software. Have you installed anything prior to the problem?

Just a thought.

Best of luck with it mate.
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 23:45
Thanks Groby! I was thinking that maybe the installation of the old fps signs is correlated with the problem (I should not be the only one who uses tools of the old and dear fpsc in gg). Thanks again!
Now I try that ... great ... I had run out of ideas ...
big hug!

Gracias Groby!!! Estaba pensando que quizá se correlaciona con el problema la instalacion del viejo signs del fps (no debo ser el único que usa herramientas del viejo y querido fpsc en gg). Gracias de nuevo!
Ahora pruebo eso... genial... ya me habia quedado sin ideas...
gran abrazo!
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2018 00:04
Ok ... remove a couple of soft suspects, I used ccleaner in the registry, delete all the GG root files and I made them recover Steam ... nothing ... still can not find the way to the terrainbank folder ... Thank you as well!!!!
Big hug!

Okey... quite un par de soft sospechosos, utilicé ccleaner en el registro, borre todos los archivos de raiz GG y se los hice recuperar a Steam... nada... sigue sin encontrar el camino a la carpeta terrainbank... Gracias igual!!!!
Gran Abrazo!
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Apr 2018 20:46
Have you tried ‘run as administrator’ in case it is a permissions issue rather than a location problem?

Cheers.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 18:49 Edited at: 12th Apr 2018 19:08
@ Warlock12
For heaven's sake:

1. Goto www.sysinternals.com
2. get the process monitor PROCMON
3. run it as administrator on your machine
4. from the icons to the right in the toolbar, only have the "show file system activity" icon active (=frame around it visible)
5. start capturing bei clicking on the looking glass icon so that it DOES NOT show the red mark on it
don't worry about the lots of lines coming in in the big window area
6. start GameGuru until your error occurs
7. click on the looking glass icon to make it show the red mark; no more lines should now be added below
8. scroll back/up until you see a line with "GameGuru.exe" and a small red GG Icon in the "Process Name " column
9. put the mouse cursor exactly on the entry in that column
10. right click and select "Include GameGuru.exe" ; this will hide all non "GameGuuru.exe" entries and greatly reduce the number of lines shown
11. Move right to the "Result" column and select any line reading "SUCCESS"
12. right click on "SUCCESS" and select "Exclude SUCCESS"; again the number of lines will be reduced further
13. go to the Filter Icon in the toolbar (the one with the light blue topping , click on it
14. per default, the top left list button reads "Architecture": select "Path" on it;
15. from the button right to it , select "contains"
16. in the field right to that button, enter "errain" without the quotes, deliberately losing the leading "t"
17. click on "add" then on "ok"
18. examine every remaining line shown by double clicking it and check the full path shown , pay special attention to the exact spelling

thus you should be able to see where exactly GG goes haywire
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Core i7 4710 QM GTX 980 MQ 16GB RAM Win7
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2018 19:54
Simple job then yrkoon ,I will save this for later use if I get into trouble thanks.hope it works for warlock12.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Granada.
This tool really is so uncomplicated ( to avoid saying "easy") to use, because it is designed for efficiency and well guided interaction. One still has to have an idea what one is doing, but simple cases can be described like above.

He who wants more can extend his exploration into registry and network activities the same way, but that does not apply for Warlock12, because he is having problems on file system level, as it seems.

Once the offending path is identified, it may be necessary to also query the registry activities to see why GameGuru.exe decides to try to go down an illegal path, but that's not where we are now.

I'm still expecting that a simple typo is the reason for the misbehaviour of GG on Warlock12's PC.
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 02:34
This really should have been restored after it was re-installed into another directory or even on another drive.
Not by copying the existing GG because it has the error in it, rename it and store it somewhere.

Through steam, select a new directory and install it, preferably outside c/programfiles(x86) so that there are no permission issues later on.
For example, D:\Steam which can be either a internal or a portable drive.

Currently i have three versions of GG installed on my portable drive and all three versions (v1.31/v5_12/current PP) work.

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm partly with you , Earthling.
Unfortunately, people are VERY unclear in stating what exactly they were doing when they say they DID restore or reinstall.
And I definitely second NOT installing GG to C:\ program files\.... for the reasons you stated
If for "fear of the unknown", somebody thinks he absolutely MUST (re-)install GG to its default directory
I would have renamed the existing GameGuru Top Level folder to something completely different, use IOBitUninstaller or similar to completely remove all traces of GG from the registry and elsewhere, and let steam recreate EVERYTHING really from scratch.
GG also creates files down in the hidden appdata directory tree, (which is basically a correct thing to do) but remaining files there may well irritate a new installation
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 07:43 Edited at: 13th Apr 2018 07:44
Quote: "Through steam, select a new directory and install it, preferably outside c/programfiles(x86) so that there are no permission issues later on.
For example, D:\Steam which can be either a internal or a portable drive."

I don't know if they fixed it since, but a few years back i used to have a ton of problems installing anything from steam in anything but the default location, out of 147 games i had at the time only about 30 worked when installed anywhere except the default location, all the rest threw up file not found errors left right and center. Things like that are probably why people tend to stick to using the default location, well that and simple laziness :p

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Laptop:
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 08:46 Edited at: 13th Apr 2018 08:47
Hey all,

I run the current DX9 version renamed to gameguruoffline and the pp using the default name.

But the renamed version has to be in the default Steam location or it just throws errors and won't run at all, even tho it does not require Steam to be running.

Can't check my exact naming as my PC is currently not usable as we are in the process of moving states.

Hope that helps and you get your gg running again.....

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 21:51
ty Yrcoon I'm going to try that! Je je ,,, thought that he had abandoned the beloved GG and his magical community ??? NO no no .... Thanks for all the help and I think that this post should be to the advantage of everyone in some way ... apparently it is quite common for something like this to happen ... Big Hug!
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 22:04
Yrcoon: INCREDIBLE TOOL !!!!!!! I still did not walk, but I wanted to leave it in writing with a huge thank you very much for your dedication and clarity of your explanation !!!!
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 22:54 Edited at: 15th Apr 2018 22:56

well ... it seems that there are many path without finding ... but none leads to terrainbank ... Thank you people ... but it seems that this has no solution until the format of the system ...
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline

Warlock12,
1) did you CHECK by copying & pasting from the popup after a double click on a process entry, such as:
"C:\users\warlock\appdata\local\temp\dbpdata\media\audiobank\materials\...."
that the path really EXISTS from the root to the final part
_and_ that you can GO THERE via Explorer
_and_ that you can create or copy files there, all with your GG-user ?

2) And your user on your pc who installed GameGuru IS called "warlock", not "warlock12" (as in this forum) or something completely different, right ?
And that user is a user STILL lined up as "Administrator", yes ?
And it IS the user you are trying to run GG with, right ?

3) In the process list, here, we are seeing the "Guru-MapEditor.exe", but should also be the "GameGuru.exe", and the latter should reference "terrainbank" (amongst many others) !

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 14:34:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 14:34:22