Scripts / Helicopter and plane scripts

Author
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2018 19:06 Edited at: 4th Apr 2018 20:23
Has something changed with the engine that makes the helicopters and planes act differently than in this thread https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217672 ? I haven't tried the level I have the helicopters and planes in for a while, they were fine before but now Bods helicopters tilt backwards when taking off and his planes tilt forwards when taking off.

I just noticed they bank the wrong way too.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Apr 2018 23:27
im not sure but i think you maybe need the latest update of AmenMoses Quatlib.lua script and maybe the updated helicopter script as well also.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 5th Apr 2018 09:58
Any idea where they are ? I haven't changed anything my end so I don't understand how everything is reversed now.
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2018 10:14
The most recent quatlib.lua i can find is in a thread about raining balls and I used the last helicopter script posted in the original helicopters do fly thread and it's exactly the same, everything tilts the wrong way on take off and banks the wrong way when turning during flight, the helicopter now also flashes when on the ground which it didn't do yesterday
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2018 13:15
Thankyou Bod, it worked, i downloaded the old quatlib.lua and renamed it quatlib1.lua then changed the other scripts to call for it and everything is back to normal.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2018 20:54
Yep, there was a 'bug fix' to the quatlib (and the code is now in the engine!) which means that any old scripts will have this axis flipped behaviour. The reason the fix was needed was that I inadvertently 'flipped' them in the original quatlib which resulted in the 'physical' shape not matching the 'visible' one, i.e. one was rotating one way an the other the other way.

I need to re-visit some of the older scripts and fix them to work properly with the corrected quatlib but I have a few other things on my plate to deal with first.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 20:01
This one appears to work ok.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:35:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:35:22