Bug Reports / Can't climb stairs when railings are attached

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 01:49
I can't climb stairs in test mode when railings are attached. I'm using these entities found in Mega Pack_02 / Catacombs / Debris - Wooden Platform 9 (stairs) along with Debris - Wooden Platform 8 & 8r (railings).

I can use the stairs with no problem going up and coming down "without" the railings attached. However, when I attach the railings the stairs can't be accessed. All of the other entities on my small test map are fully visible and accessible. I tried setting up the stairs in different locations with and without being attached to a second level floor or wall and the problem remains the same. I have also tried using a different staircase found in Cartoon / Stairs with the same railings attached and these stairs can't be climbed either. I then tried changing a few entity settings for the railings such as Static Mode, IsImmobile, and Physics On.. but no change. Lastly, I tried using a different railing (Fixtures / Banisters / Wooden Single) to rule out a glitch in the stairs, and yes the stairs worked as intended.

Any help solving the above problem will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!! *Game Guru version: May 12, 2017*

I'm using an Intel i5-7400 processor with 8GB of DDR4 Ram and a dedicated GeForce GTX 1050 video card with 2GB of DDR5 Ram and the latest drivers installed and working fine.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Turn off physics for the railings
Or set the collision mode to polygon (but this is likely overkill and needs to be done in the fpe file).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:19:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:19:50