Product Chat / Npc's facing walls, non responsive, or stuck in a wall Video for the community.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 18:54 Edited at: 5th Apr 2018 13:38
Greetings, here is a small video showing NPC's facing walls, delay etc.. This is purely suggestion options only to try if needed.
Making a ebe editor / edit after placing Npc's in the same area or EBE structure itself may cause the following as shown.

*Video updated*
NPC facing walls
NPC reaction time
NPC delay time
EBE editor edits

Happy Easter
Define R4, i5, 16g, R9 290
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
the kicking and shooting through EBE walls is a weird one, they do have a raycasting check in the code but it seems the walls are not being registered by it.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 22:45
The video is the old version,is it the same using the Dx11 pp ?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 23:28 Edited at: 30th Mar 2018 23:34
Quote: "the kicking and shooting through EBE walls is a weird one, they do have a raycasting check in the code but it seems the walls are not being registered by it."

I reported this kind of thing a little while back in isometric mode and ironically Smallg made a script that works really well in first person .. Try this one ... Its Smallg's mod so back up your original ..

Also set your enemy properties to
Viewrange = 180
Viewdistance = 800
always active = yes

See how that pans out for you ..
EDIT .. catch them right and I noticed they will still kick through walls but don't seem to shoot ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
You should release it as Far Cry 5 AI for GG. Oh no wait, you should release it as improved Far Cry 5 AI for GG.

No joke they do the same as in this video...
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 00:36 Edited at: 31st Mar 2018 01:56
Quote: "No joke they do the same as in this video..."

Really ..
Well this is what I'm seeing ...
full debug mode on .. They don't see or shoot me through walls ..
They hunt me down like wolves and don't stick ?
and I only said it works well ... as in better ..

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 11:13 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2018 15:17
Hi all, just away from pc for 2 days, i currently can only upload 15mins. So I broke down 3 days into one jumbled video. This video is not about my placement, or problems. Just was able to produce some issues I've picked up over the years, though this video is just a insight in my life, when i try to help someone to also make games with no issues.

@smallg, yeah I agree. Thank you. During NPC melee if the player is in close range after the initial bashmelee occurs we get the conflict. I plan to uploaded more showing how,why etc. I just want to get shooting now.

@jonrobbo . Yes, using a older stock build release, I will be crossing all new work to the latest when I return.

@synchromesh, Interesting and thank you. I don't use this system, thank you for your reply and attachment. I will take a look. Though as far as wall breaking and other things on my list, I appreciate and I'm sure others do also, for adding your suggested settings for npc detection etc.
I'm impressed by the quality, *Edit updated a version to test

As I can tell you have a good knowledge of your testing and GG. Can you do me a favour.
Could you do a double press/push on a npc. Meaning let a npc kick you and then pushing past his boundary before he resets the state/animation, which when done will let you get very close and the npc will enter detectplayer, idle and others depending on location. Such as spinning 360.
If you have time to see if you can try that once or twice and let me know with the version your using.
Thanks

@corno_1 farcry5 glitching ? I was checking it at pax. Though something I will have to watch.

Thanks for the support also. 3 days in and we just getting started.
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 18:20 Edited at: 31st Mar 2018 18:53
I can confirm SmallG's script mostly stops the NPCs shooting through walls. I am well pleased!

I don't know how but SmallG's script changes seem to have improved the overall AI.

As for the kicking through walls, if that's still a problem have you tried adding forcesimpleblock = 3 to the EBE structure's FPE script to thicken the walls?
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2018 18:56
The kicking through the walls should be an easy fix. In lua just add more conditions that the player must be able to see the player in conjunction with the distance from him. We could go a bit further and check for collisions too now.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent. I'll have to leave that to someone else because my Lua skills aren't up to the job.

The problem I have now is getting shot through dynamic doors (Valuable Asset).
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2018 00:00 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2018 15:19
I have always enjoyed the community here, always lots of respect and help towards each other. I was thinking should I not worry, Though this is more of what if, than me showing simple fixes to a map that may have a delay. From the sounds of it, wall glitching doesn't happen often? So that's good.

@lordjulian Awesome, I'm very happy to hear. That's what we aiming for.
I'm curious, how long has this been happening? I've never seen wall glitches before until I placed one wall in an area that was pre designed.

Is forcesimpleblock added to a ebe fpe when created? Default setting?
My scenarios video in my other thread was my first time using ebe bigger than just checking it out. So ebe is new to me in some aspects on large scale. One of the other guys on the team works more on level design than I do. I'm sure we will correspond after Easter.

@Teabone, hey, yeah thats what is needed. I tested something very similar and was getting results.
Though wall sliding still occurs. However I have never had an issue until trying to get Ai to shoot through walls in a older stock build than pp.

@synchromesh / @smallg , Could either of you possibly upload the Combatcore you linked earlier for users and myself. As files are MIA at moment.
thank you. Cheers.

Thanks all.
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I am really happy that someone work on the AI problems we have. I did not like the AI Lee wrote, because it do so much strange things I would not accept, but it is an universal AI so maybe it has its reason to exist.

I would like to create an AI, but it is so much work. After I spent nearly 8 hours on creating an pattern tree, I gave up. I am not the young guy I was five years ago, who has a lot of time to create seven AI scripts(in FPSC) for different situations.

I wish you luck with your project If you have any questions, about the source code/AI behavior, you can write me a mail I will try to answer it
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2018 07:19 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2018 15:20
Hey Corno_1 , thank you for offering assistance. And yes I completely understand.
Don't worry many remember what you have done and currently doing. Legend on the boards.

After a fornite sniper win, some lunch with my daughters and time for me to look over smallgs combatcore on a tablet. I can see a few differences to mine. I will continue to work on the AI because that was my original intention and release. I just need to search and read more to see what's happening on the scene.

Back to pc, and checking the PP files.

*UPDATE. yes I can see they still kick through walls with stock CC. I've been able to stop it, though not what I want yet.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 14:27:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 14:27:03