Product Chat / Standalone Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2018 19:22
I'm not sure what is a bug or what is a setting I'm overlooking, etc. I'm not finding any solid answers that work in existing search results so I hope someone can give me some tips. This is using the latest Public Preview.

In a standalone, the game always starts out with lowered graphic settings. In a game that relies on a lot of visual effects to help tell the story, it's not great if you instantly have to stop and change the settings. I've tried editing the standalone's visuals file and GG's visuals file as well, before and after creating the standalone, etc. No luck. What am I missing or is that just the way it is?

The first sounds of the actual game should be triggered to begin as soon as the game loads in. There is only silence unless you go to the sound options and then back into the game. No actual adjustments are necessary. It starts up as soon as you're back in the game.

Any suggestions or info would be great!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2018 20:58 Edited at: 14th Mar 2018 20:58
1... Actually I think you should be altering the Setup.ini and not the viuals.ini
Pretty sure that's how I did it .. Set these all to Highest

[GAMEMENUOPTIONS]
graphicslowterrain=lowest
graphicslowentity=lowest
graphicslowgrass=lowest
graphicsmediumterrain=medium
graphicsmediumentity=medium
graphicsmediumgrass=medium
graphicshighterrain=highest
graphicshighentity=highest
graphicshighgrass=highest

2... The sound depends on what your referring to ... Music perhaps, ambient sound ?
If it those I would usually put the start marker in a trigger zone and add " Musicinzone.lua " to it
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 08:28
Thank you, synchromesh. I'll try that today for the graphics..

The audio is for the level's main ambient sound, Ogg format, and I can't recall if it is set to a Trigger or Sound Zone. I'll check that as well and let you know if these do the trick.
PM
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 08:50
Yes, that took care of everything. My audio was set to a Sound Zone. Switching to a Trigger fixed that. Thank you for the info!

Now I have to figure out why all of the game audio became incredibly quiet, but the default menu music at startup is incredibly loud. Before these setup changes, it was all even and smooth. Two steps forward and only one step back. I'll count that as a win.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
likely some call to SetSoundVolume() in your script you just applied to the trigger zone causing it to set the wrong volume.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2018 14:51
Well, it had all been working fine, except for the volume difference. Now it has started again, so sometimes the music starts, sometimes it doesn't.

As for the volume being about 300% louder only on the title screen, I'm using the default musicinzone.lua when the level starts, which doesn't have anything in it for volume. The title.lua doesn't seem to have a solid volume set in it, either. Is there an edit that could be made to change that safely?

For now I'll consider this as a bug until somebody who knows better than I do can chime in on it. I can't seem to make it happen one way or another. It's purely random.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2018 19:06
There actually is a bug related to volume in Game Guru. I forgot to bring this to Lee's attention. I'll see if i can replicate and then I'll post it to Github.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 11:24
If it makes a difference, I'm sure that the title screen music is at normal volume in comparison with my system. The in-game sounds are lowering as soon as the map loads in, even though there are no scripts running that would have such an effect, unless it is in a main script somewhere that I haven't found.

The trigger zone with musicinzone script on map start is still come and go between standalone builds and I can't seem to intentionally reproduce it. My current standalone starts the sounds fine. The previous one didn't. The only project change between those builds was swapping an entity's shader in the FPE.

This is still with the latest preview release, before and after file verifications.
PM
MStockton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 20:23
Ok... Now it's really interesting. My final standalone of the night had the volume bug and the sounds not triggering on map start. That didn't matter because I needed to test some other things with it, so I packed it all up with Vishnu Packer v9.2 (default options).

Everything is flawless when running through that. The sounds work every time and the volumes all match up. I don't know what that means to anybody smarter than me, but I hope it its useful information in some way or another.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 10:02
Sound is a bit all over the place in GameGuru. I normally leave GG settings alone and use an audio editor to get the volumes to match up, a pain but it kind of works.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:00:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:00:09