Bug Reports / decal crash, other minor bugs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Mar 2018 14:33 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2018 21:17
Hello,
i've already done a research about decal crash in this forum by using search button, but i have my map crash continues with older decal (or somethink created by users) i take a look for solution and found to edit with notepad the fx effect and change some line like from linear to point but i do not find that line so for me do not work, i have put down a list with some possible decal crash, i hope it can help this community (maybe you already know about this errors)
so every time i try to insert any of these decal gameguru crash (with prompt this words:- "failed to load the shader of (name of effect): because shader must be hls 5.0"

here the list:
gameguru/effectbank\reloaded\decal_animate64
illuminationent.fx
ps_2_0 viral_outbreak\ (all entities inside this root for jaws.fx like medusa monster, etc)
ps 2_0 zombie_apocalypse2\2Bone_DINS_planarpershadow.fx for marinezombie 6 and the others too
e ps_3_0 with norm_alphaspec_tangentbasis.fx
all the entire root of phisically based shading like colonel x (sniper) for character_norm_spec_alpha.fx
cubeent.fx for glass floor v3
effectbank\rolfy\illuminate3.fx for winged reptile video
decal_animate12 = particlefeuilles (decaltest)
waterfall2.fx = water, waterbend1, waterbend2 (flowing transparent Water) and from "lafette" darnwater1 from dam
waterdekoration.fx = small lake (fpsc tropical jungle)
phong_bump_specular.fx = bust button, bust keypad, power puzzle (the scary thinker)
bump_bone = female explorer
overlay_basic.fx = star window (fixtures\windows)
handtorch.fx = handtorch
effect_scroll_down.fx = billboard decal down, billboard decal up

then:
some other minor bugs:
1) character editor, some npc created with previous version was had pretty better eyes (in my opinion), and the color was match corretly with skin, actually doesnt match.
when game guru apparently crash cause decal or other entities don't have shader hls 5.0 and then prompt "resuming previous session", after loading menu if i press at file \ open it doesn't work anymore (resuming do not clean the crash error).
When i try many entities, specially from fps creator, then delete, then add again , then delete again somethink prompt abnormal at menu icons, they are confused (without an order like on pic show)
(fpsc Ancient Rome\characters\roman soldier is black textured when you come close, is this normal?) and also, skeleton not more visible.
While medievalgatewhole from medievalgatehouse have some point that textures disappear, and medievalgatehouse, medievalstable, oldbarnsmall, oldbarnred, walls from 1 to 7, watertower too

i've my pc spech in sign, i use last version of pubblic release of gameguru ( i do not want rool back with older version)
Windows 10 enterprise
16 gb ram, asus strix gtx 960c 4gb overclock edition, 2TB, amd 3280 4 core, 8 logic

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2018 18:52 Edited at: 6th Mar 2018 18:57
The decal crashing issues was fixed in the latest public preview. Are you using that version and its still crashing?

for the Freaks and Viral Outbreak characters, I dont think they are suppose to be using the "ps_2_0" shaders as those were for FPSC as far as I know. Change their shaders to use the standard character entity shaders similar to the soldiers and they should work fine.

Curious though... are you using the Freaks and Viral Outbreak characters directly from FPSC or from the Free DLC Expansion Pack? Because the free DLC on Steam, those characters should work. If your using old FPSC shaders they will not work since the DX11 upgrade.

Quote: "(fpsc Ancient Rome\characters\roman soldier is black textured when you come close, is this normal?) and also, skeleton not more visible."

Did you download these from here?
http://freetoronto.org/gameguru/
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 01:57
Quote: "(fpsc Ancient Rome\characters\roman soldier is black textured when you come close, is this normal?) and also, skeleton not more visible."

To fix this issue i require additional software for DirectX importing that retains animations when re-exported. I have a couple options brought to my attention though about 40 to 60 dollars. So I'll save up a bit and see what I can do. I won't be able to have a fix out till I get acquire the full version importers. I'll keep you updated here though. Thanks for bringing those characters to my attention.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 13:09
First at all thanks Mr Teabone for the reply
Quote: "The decal crashing issues was fixed in the latest public preview. Are you using that version and its still crashing?"
yep i am using that version and i still update from steam every time that coming out a new issue fix.
Quote: "
for the Freaks and Viral Outbreak characters, I dont think they are suppose to be using the "ps_2_0" shaders as those were for FPSC as far as I know. Change their shaders to use the standard character entity shaders similar to the soldiers and they should work fine.

Curious though... are you using the Freaks and Viral Outbreak characters directly from FPSC or from the Free DLC Expansion Pack? Because the free DLC on Steam, those characters should work. If your using old FPSC shaders they will not work since the DX11 upgrade.
"

How to do this? How to change their shaders to standard version? Because you are right i'm using these characters directly from FPSC because they had more characters included instantly of the free DLC expansion pack, not all are converted in that free version, while from FPSC I have other monsters, other characters and so on;
Can i trying to do somethink to get working these character in the new DX11 ? i have mender, i have animer 2.0 trial so i mean can i do somethink like changing their animation? their shadow? Maybe with fragmotion?

Did you download these from here?
http://freetoronto.org/gameguru/

"

yep some entities i have take down from there, but like roman soldier in that pack we have only one character while with FPSC i have all roman soldiers, and their do not crash but their do not move, but had mod with notepad some lines like
adding at orientation "skipfvfconvert= 1" and on identity details "ragdoll= 1" and had used mender to resolve the skin weight problem.
then when i use to attach to third part person and trying in game what happened my character is reversed, when i exit from test game my character result as half disappear (or half hide) like on the pic show, i hope someone understand what i mean
i will put a pic about

To fix this issue i require additional software for DirectX importing that retains animations when re-exported. I have a couple options brought to my attention though about 40 to 60 dollars. So I'll save up a bit and see what I can do. I won't be able to have a fix out till I get acquire the full version importers. I'll keep you updated here though. Thanks for bringing those characters to my attention.
"

i thank you for your work
Windows 10 enterprise
16 gb ram, asus strix gtx 960c 4gb overclock edition, 2TB, amd 3280 4 core, 8 logic

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Mar 2018 15:29
Quote: "How to do this? How to change their shaders to standard version? Because you are right i'm using these characters directly from FPSC because they had more characters included instantly of the free DLC expansion pack, not all are converted in that free version, while from FPSC I have other monsters, other characters and so on;"

The FPSC characters are for FPSC, GameGuru is a different software altogether, it just has similarities. The models and their textures themselves should mostly work fine in GameGuru, however you need to replace their settings scripts (.fpi) with the GameGuru equivelant (.fpe) to get them to work. If you look at any of the stock GameGuru soldiers .fpe files you will see the difference, it's fairly easy to take a copy of one of those scripts and transpose the needed information from the old .fpi file, it's fairly self explanetory. It gets a little harder if the model is one of the few that aren't made to the standard GG needs, FPSC was fairly forgiving with skin weights and un-zero'd bones etc. so most models just worked, GameGuru is a little fussier and some models break, for them you would need to use third party software to fix the models.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 20:08 Edited at: 9th Mar 2018 20:09
@Dave_utopias I highly recommend downloading the free DLC Expansion that includes the FPSC classic characters. They have the proper FPE setup and shaders assigned to get them working in your game. We have done a lot of work to make sure they work fine in GG.

I'm working on some fixes for the skeleton and roman character. I just got to pick up full version fragmotion once my job pays me this week lol

Dave_utopias
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 17:14
Belidos say:
Quote: " The FPSC characters are for FPSC, GameGuru is a different software altogether, it just has similarities. The models and their textures themselves should mostly work fine in GameGuru, however you need to replace their settings scripts (.fpi) with the GameGuru equivelant (.fpe) to get them to work. If you look at any of the stock GameGuru soldiers .fpe files you will see the difference, it's fairly easy to take a copy of one of those scripts and transpose the needed information from the old .fpi file, it's fairly self explanetory. It gets a little harder if the model is one of the few that aren't made to the standard GG needs, FPSC was fairly forgiving with skin weights and un-zero'd bones etc. so most models just worked, GameGuru is a little fussier and some models break, for them you would need to use third party software to fix the models."

thank's for the reply, i am looking foward with your help, just i have actually fixed a lot of them, now the others romans work fine with same animation at default one, but yeah i need fragmotion for changing Others .x animations like for jaws or medusa character; i also have renamed by using paint.net for fixing .tga textures replacing with .dds so now they appear in the game cauz the new directx11 do not saw these; i've found another decal issue with skybank using day_night cycle do not work that dacal, just removed from skyspec.txt the follow string ";Optional Sky Shader
SkyShader = day_night.fx" but now is always dark..., so no more crash i was able to continue my project.. i still have found new bug but i will open a new thread with properly name thread cause here we have another type of bugs and i do not have an account with github for posting new bugs there.

@teabone yeah i Always download properly converted character but when some of these do not fit, i try to do myself
Windows 10 enterprise
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2018 16:48 Edited at: 27th Mar 2018 16:49
I finally was able to pick up fragmotion. So just going through a bunch of legacy characters to see what I can fix up. The roman character now for me is working fine. I'll be updating that to my site soon.

Characters using multiple textures can be tricky as they will continue to break every couple of versions or so. Just due to shader updates and how GG operates with grabbing textures in general. So while you may get the fix this month they may break with later builds.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 20:16:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 20:16:48