Product Chat / Legal issues and questions for export

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 18:23
Hello,

First of all I would like to express a big thank you to the developers of GameGuru, because this software is really unique and makes it possible without programming knowledge to realize my dream. Many Thanks.
I have already bought some entities in the great store and am completely satisfied with it.

I have several questions:

- Is it possible to create multiple maps in one game and then connect them via levels? I mean that the user has finished a mission (map) and then spawned on a new map. How can I create or export these?

In the exported games:

- Can I show a video instead of a picture as a startup screen as well as in the menu as a background? How can I change this or is it allowed to change that at all and is there anything to consider?

- Is it possible that the user of the game can change the language in the menu? Can show subtitles? Maybe an addon or a script?

I would have legal questions:

- Does the logo or the name of GameGuru have to appear in the start screen of the game or in the menu or anywhere else? If so, are there any rules on where the logo must be, how big it must be, how long it must be shown, or otherwise?

- Is it allowed to change the program icon of the exported game exe from GameGuru to its own?

I would be very happy about an answer.

Greeting Andy
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 19:01 Edited at: 1st Feb 2018 19:02
Hi AGXLgames
I will answer the questions first before going into detail on how

Quote: "- Is it possible to create multiple maps in one game and then connect them via levels? I mean that the user has finished a mission (map) and then spawned on a new map. How can I create or export these?"

Yes its easily possible

Quote: "Can I show a video instead of a picture as a startup screen as well as in the menu as a background? How can I change this or is it allowed to change that at all and is there anything to consider? "

Yes its possible

Quote: "- Is it possible that the user of the game can change the language in the menu? Can show subtitles? Maybe an addon or a script?"

This is not possible just yet ... certainly not out of the box anyway..

Quote: "- Does the logo or the name of GameGuru have to appear in the start screen of the game or in the menu or anywhere else? If so, are there any rules on where the logo must be, how big it must be, how long it must be shown, or otherwise? "

The logo can be removed with your custom menu \ loading screens.
There are no rules that you must have the logo displayed at all

Quote: "- Is it allowed to change the program icon of the exported game exe from GameGuru to its own?"

It is allowed but not yet a feature ... users use " ResHacker " to do this
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 19:05
Hi and welcome to gameguru

Quote: "- Is it possible to create multiple maps in one game and then connect them via levels? I mean that the user has finished a mission (map) and then spawned on a new map. How can I create or export these?
"

Yes, it is possible. You just need a winzone and enter the name of the next level in the properties. When you enter the winzone in the game, the next levlel will load. In order to export your levels you just need to load up the first level and click on "create standalone" - all following levels will be added automatically.
Quote: "
- Can I show a video instead of a picture as a startup screen as well as in the menu as a background? How can I change this or is it allowed to change that at all and is there anything to consider?"

yes it is possible. You have to replace the pictures in the titlesbank folder. There are forum threads about this - it has been done bevore.

Quote: "- Is it possible that the user of the game can change the language in the menu? Can show subtitles? Maybe an addon or a script?"

It's possible but a bit more complicated. Someone else may know that better.^^

Quote: "- Is it allowed to change the program icon of the exported game exe from GameGuru to its own?"

I think it is and it has also been done.
Quote: "
- Does the logo or the name of GameGuru have to appear in the start screen of the game or in the menu or anywhere else? If so, are there any rules on where the logo must be, how big it must be, how long it must be shown, or otherwise?"

No, my game on steam doesnt have the gameguru logo in. But I mentioned it in the end credits ^^

Viel Spaß und Erfolg mit gameguru
Liebe Grüße

Duchenkuke

Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti
https://sites.google.com/view/dkproductions

Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 19:05 Edited at: 1st Feb 2018 19:05
synchro, you beat me to it, damn lol
Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, Geforce GTX 1050ti
https://sites.google.com/view/dkproductions

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL ... At least we got the same answers ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 19:44 Edited at: 1st Feb 2018 19:49
Quote: "In the exported games:

- Can I show a video instead of a picture as a startup screen as well as in the menu as a background? How can I change this or is it allowed to change that at all and is there anything to consider?"

Currently video playback in Game Guru is only working in the latest DX9 release of GG and is broken in the DX11 (Public Preview). So you will have to wait a bit if you plan to use in the DX11 version. It has been marked as a bug on the Github. Keep in mind that only WMV (Windows Media Player) files are supported.

Additionally, background videos for menus are not yet supported in Game Guru. This is a feature we used to have in an older program (FPSC). So its been an outstanding requested feature to be included in GG. As mentioned above, you can change the still background and still graphics and text. Just background video is not yet supported.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Cylo
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 20:13 Edited at: 1st Feb 2018 20:14
Quote: "Additionally, background videos for menus are not yet supported in Game Guru. This is a feature we used to have in an older program (FPSC). So its been an outstanding requested feature to be included in GG."

Of course t's not a priority with all the bug fixing going on, but it would be a good idea. We should vote for it.
PM
TrueFin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 21:29 Edited at: 1st Feb 2018 21:31
How many levels are you going to have?

When I read these answers, it seems that guru's have fixed or forgot this memory problem..
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219044
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 21:36
Not fixed or forgotten. Its going to take most likely months before that one gets fixed.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 00:14
Well before it can be fixed it would need to be repeatable so we (well Lee actually) can track it down, I've not seen the problem myself but I don't have any multilevel or humongous games likely to demonstrate it.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 01:09
"Quote: "- Is it allowed to change the program icon of the exported game exe from GameGuru to its own?"

It is allowed but not yet a feature ... users use " ResHacker " to do this"

I would not change the logo with "reshacker" at the moment. It could make the "new" exe unstable...
I tried this once. And had some strange crashes then with the game.

But if someone wants to release a game on steam it doesnt matter anyway. you have to select your desktop icon file in the "game setup" for your steam game. So I would not worry too much about it at the moment.

willkommen und viel spass.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 14:33:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 14:33:06