3rd Party Models/Media Chat / switching stock arms

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all. I'm interested in swapping out arms/guns. Is there a feature coming to customize your character?

Thanks!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 11:56
Quote: ". Is there a feature coming to customize your character?"

Hi Starktoons ,not in the near future.there has been a lot of people playing around with arms and guns if you look around the forum .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 13:32
@ Starktoons - please check your PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2018 13:45
Hey Starktoons!

In theory, you can replace the arm rig with any type of arm you want. I would not count to ever have some type of customizer to just randomly select assets like gloves or a watch to put on your arms. Thats just not on the menue for Game Guru right now.

Replacing arms is tough rigging. I don't know how much experience with modeling software you have but its almost easier to animate a new rig and weapon yourself. Our resident user Bugsy does this as a hobby.

So, if you are still game, what you need is modeling software that has an animation feature. At the very least something like fragmotion that you can get for free. Now, an animated model is made up of vertices that connected build polygons and bones. To rig a new hand to the old animations you will have to add in your hand rig (the model of the style of hands you want) and assign the vertices match by match to the old bone structure. This can easily lead to distorted looking hands or floating polygons. However, if you are good at this and really pay attention you can do it.

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:25:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:25:34