Easy Building Editor / EBE Questions or Issues

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 20:26
Decided to try out the EBE system today. While not a big fan, I see some areas that could use some improvements. Or explanation. Why is that when you attempt to remove a wall , you have to have the same type of wall selected in your picker? I can't see the benifit of this?

In FPSC segments you simply can delete the walls no matter what you segment you have currently selected. Faster workflow.

Also if you are drawing a floor or any piece on to your map and hold the mouse down while drawing and happen to accidentally overlap the picker selection window, it will automatically start selecting texture from it. This should happen since the initial click point was on the map. It should ignore the picker in this instance. This forces the user to constantly have to shift the screen around or angle when designing their level simply to avoid accidentally ruining their build site. This is a similar issues with the texture terrain picker.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 21:56
Quote: "Why is that when you attempt to remove a wall , you have to have the same type of wall selected in your picker? I can't see the benifit of this? "

I think it prevents you from accidentally deleting other parts, which would otherwise be VERY easy to do
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 23:35 Edited at: 25th Dec 2017 23:38
Quote: "I think it prevents you from accidentally deleting other parts, which would otherwise be VERY easy to do"

Yep we were forever doing that on the beta ... Unless you accidently kept doing it you have no idea how annoying it was

Quote: "Also if you are drawing a floor or any piece on to your map and hold the mouse down while drawing and happen to accidentally overlap the picker selection window, it will automatically start selecting texture from it"

Ok so I tried it and yes your right it does .. but .. I have to do it on purpose ... I find it almost impossible to do accidently but I'm really used to manipulating the views and angles and never seem to go near there unless I want to pick a texture ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2018 04:10
Very true i think the issue is avoidable by just simply not using Free Flight Mode and just pressing G and leaving the view at that when using the EBE.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:54:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:54:30