Scripts / I'm like totall AAARGH here ... why is this not pretty code ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 06:45 Edited at: 11th Dec 2017 04:26

insert video here ::
(do i have to use the iFrame embed code ? msorry i cant see preview mea culpa there)

im just getting into lua trying out stuff in some kind of demo where i try to sync stuff to a timer, which should sync 4 tracks of .oggs etcetera but mainly the intention would be to have stuff moving on a strict timer

or at least strict enough to fool the audiovisual cortex into fluid motion .... however

check the video pl0x

im not new to von neumann architecture programming, its pretty much all the same but syntax, scripting is ofcourse relative to the environment and here i'm totally
im not stuck b/c it werks , but its not pretty

ok, so i used a loop first, triggered on global variable "measure == 5" to have all "blocks" setup in the right position, after which the entity that ran the script destroyed itself (saving cycles is braingasm, right)

all that werks ... i have another one to rotate them, separate object/entity (this is REALLY object oriented programming isnt it lulllz)

it werks ... i shouldnt be complaining since you know, just slap another gigabyte on it, buy anohter terabyte of rackspace and an i7 , however

its not pretty

and it shouldnt make a difference, its too much to explain so if you check the vid you can see, i deliberately left bits out to show what's ont werking way i wannit

i do this "if measure == x" thing in about 16 conditionals which works fine, if i put in ALL of them, however, if i do like 8 or anything less than the complete loop it RESETS (pardon my french) the whole shebang to the original positions, now i have no other scripts running that keeps them there

the original script to set all in position runs on an object
entity, sorry, that destroys itself once it comes to the last line
no loops there, just setpos bla setpos bla, you know 'set up the scene'

the counter werkz, the thingies werk, the samples trigger (i cant they trigger on the millisecond but i have hope to fix that with some kind of lame hack )

but this one script has me doing K-locks, and thats not pretty, that does not make for happycat

because it bugs me, i cant just accept it works "around" by just copypasting every "measure==x" bla 17 times, then destroying it, i need less bytes, and a more beautiful, and more loopy code here, but the objects snap back if i miss one

i know im not the best at talking technics or jargon but im sure some people here will understand what im trying to communicate and dont be afraid to get technical i can probably handle that

i just need to KNOW what this is or im going sleepless ....

arigatou domo de gosaimasu
... etc xie xie, thanks
if it behaves like a cop it might be one

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 03:45
To embed Youtube videos remove the part "https://youtu.be/" in your youtube url.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:02:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:02:05